PDA

View Full Version : I cant decide. Help me plz.

Oreic
Jul 6, 2006, 04:36 AM
I cant decide should I use swords or spears.
The agony.

DizzyDi
Jul 6, 2006, 04:39 AM
How about you wait until the game comes out. Play some with sword, then spear, and then make your deciscion. I personally like spears better though.

Oreic
Jul 6, 2006, 04:42 AM
I liked swords in PSO but i like the look of spears.

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 08:19 AM
Spears wont be used as much, so if you care about originality, spears would be better. I'm not sure which one would be better, bu it seems spears are faster, no?

Either way, I vote spears. But I'll be using Double claws with my beast hunter, and probably Double-sabers or Scythes(if they are even in this game) with my Android hunter.

Sevenfold
Jul 6, 2006, 11:42 AM
Me personally, swords, I dont like the look of spears. Just me though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sev
Jul 6, 2006, 12:02 PM
Spears, because the less people using Swords, the better for me.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 6, 2006, 12:45 PM
try using both, I'm glad that they made spears unique from swords in that they attack linearly instead of in a 90 degree angle, but still attack multiple enemies when they are lined up.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-07-06 02:39, DizzyDi wrote:
How about you wait until the game comes out. Play some with sword, then spear, and then make your deciscion. I personally like spears better though.

Dizzy has a point. Until you see a weapon in action, you can't judge it just by looking at statistics. However, I'm thinking spears will be cooler (not necessarily better) because they are original and everybody likes to play Amazon.

Pure-chan
Jul 6, 2006, 02:11 PM
From what I've seen so far, I'd say swords are more practical when playing with a group. A hunter's main job is to hold the line, thereby preventing enemies from closing in on the rest of the party. Since the arc of a sword has a larger attack radius, it seems like the better choice when taking on mobs.

Garroway
Jul 6, 2006, 02:46 PM
Traditionaly it's a bunch of Pikemen that "hold the line". I'm with waiting to see how the weapons perform before trying to make a decision.

Saner
Jul 6, 2006, 02:56 PM
you might like swords more cause you swing them in different ways.

spears are mostly about poke, poke, poke. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sevenfold
Jul 6, 2006, 03:50 PM
A pity every class has to use two hands just to swing them. It would be awesome if you could have dual swords.

Oreic
Jul 6, 2006, 05:36 PM
Dizzy has a point. Until you see a weapon in action, you can't judge it just by looking at statistics. However, I'm thinking spears will be cooler (not necessarily better) because they are original and everybody likes to play Amazon.

Just watch this vid it shows both weapons in use.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uS1K4EMZK0s&search=phantasy%20star%20universe%5Burl%5D

turtle323
Jul 6, 2006, 06:03 PM
Its seems spears are much stronger in that video then a sowrd and sowrd miss alot so i say spear.

Kisari
Jul 6, 2006, 09:52 PM
Swords are overrated, and cliche, Spears are where its at!

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 10:03 PM
I have to say....After seeing that video. I am so going to use spears XD Swords looked boring....and Spears seem awesome thanks to strafing. Seems like they take more skill to use.

Alisha
Jul 6, 2006, 10:20 PM
knuckles > all

Pure-chan
Jul 7, 2006, 10:29 AM
On 2006-07-06 12:46, Garroway wrote:
Traditionaly it's a bunch of Pikemen that "hold the line". I'm with waiting to see how the weapons perform before trying to make a decision.

...against mounted cavalry. So - if C. Bringers make a return, we should be set! XD

I dunno, I think arc + pow > linear stabbing + pow, when attacking mobs, but who knows? When factoring the strafing ability in, maybe it will balance out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ikubi
Jul 7, 2006, 11:26 AM
Spears all the way!! <3