PDA

View Full Version : Awesome (but long) Video

Oreic
Jul 6, 2006, 05:17 AM
Here it is.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=uS1K4EMZK0s&search=phantasy%20star%20universe%5Burl%5D

tank1
Jul 6, 2006, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the link dont think ive seen this one.

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 08:29 AM
Wow, that kicks ass. Best video yet.

Dre_o
Jul 6, 2006, 09:52 AM
Hmm...I don't think the person was on the proper difficulty level. Thus this video is kinda lame, due to it's.....well.......ability to show how slow the game can be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-07-06 08:00 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Jul 6, 2006, 10:39 AM
I want!

PS was that a rare box at the end?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-07-06 08:40 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 6, 2006, 10:40 AM
ooh, looks pretty nice.

Kano-Okami
Jul 6, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-07-06 07:52, Dre_o wrote:
Hmm...I don't think the person was on the proper difficulty level. Thus this video is kinda lame, due to it's.....well.......ability to show how slow the game can be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-07-06 08:00 ]</font>

Soloing that is..
This game is made to satisfy 6 players, so I think that FOne newearl is doing pretty well.
With a team of 5 or 6, it not only makes the game go faster, but shooting the breeze slashing & the baddies with good friends enriches the experience IMO, furthering the team play experience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-07-06 09:43 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Jul 6, 2006, 11:40 AM
For one Dre_o, thats pretty early on in the game, needless to say everything is slow regardless. Things always speed up and get sweet the higher you go, or no one would ever have any incentive to level up. Though, Kano-Okami is right, its an online game, groups of people are what make the game really shine.

Also...hypersaxon, I think I felt the tingle myself O_o LoL

mitchm
Jul 6, 2006, 11:44 AM
yea that looks awsome!! i think i will be using a combo of the gun and blade thingy... i hope you can use a gun and a saber or something. that would be sweet i think.

mechatra
Jul 6, 2006, 11:44 AM
I have to agree with one of the youtube posters.
That player needs less weapons, more photon arts.

>_<

mitchm
Jul 6, 2006, 11:56 AM
heres the pic of the possible rare... what do you guys think... its in the middle left corner.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/dragonslayerssj/psupossiblerare.png

Sev
Jul 6, 2006, 12:07 PM
It's red, there's only one type of red thing that falls on the ground so... I'll just go ahead and say it's rare.

Ash1ey
Jul 6, 2006, 12:16 PM
I think i'm the only one but, Photon arts dont really look too fun to me.
I like the look of the actual hack and slash combat alot better. Awesome video

Sevenfold
Jul 6, 2006, 12:20 PM
On 2006-07-06 09:56, mitchm wrote:
heres the pic of the possible rare... what do you guys think... its in the middle left corner.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/dragonslayerssj/psupossiblerare.png

My cast sense is tingling, it must be rare.

Mewn
Jul 6, 2006, 12:34 PM
It's not a rare.

It's a keycard that you use on terminals to unlock things like laser fences (and maybe some doors too, not sure, my memory is a bit fuzzy.)

Rares do look just like their normal item counterparts, except they are coloured red, IIRC.

Sevenfold
Jul 6, 2006, 12:39 PM
My tingle just turned into a bad itch.

Sev
Jul 6, 2006, 12:41 PM
Great, so now there's 2 types of red things that fall on the ground. I can't wait to see all kinds of people get excited over a keycard. From what I remember though, when a Rare is picked up, isn't it displayed on everyones screen?

Kyuu
Jul 6, 2006, 12:52 PM
On 2006-07-06 10:41, Sev wrote:
Great, so now there's 2 types of red things that fall on the ground. I can't wait to see all kinds of people get excited over a keycard. From what I remember though, when a Rare is picked up, isn't it displayed on everyones screen?

Right, everyone is informed when a rare is picked up, and who the offending rare-picker-upper is so that everyone can proceed to hack him into pieces to steal the rare.

Ikubi
Jul 6, 2006, 01:26 PM
Kyu~!! >w< I'm definitely pre-ordering this, this weekend. x3

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 6, 2006, 01:34 PM
can't wait, I alraedy preordered my own copy. I really want to try that twin saber out.

Ikubi
Jul 6, 2006, 01:37 PM
The twin saber reminded me of star wars. xD the style of fighting that is, but it looks cool nonetheless. The knuckles looked cool as well. XD omg, i cant wait, this video made me even more impatient. XD

isahn80
Jul 6, 2006, 01:44 PM
Awesome video. More proof PSU is going to indisputably kick ass.

The twin saber reminded me of star wars.

This isn't surprising, as Phantasy star was heavily inspired by Star Wars. Hell, in PS1 they even had a weapon called the "Light Saber!"

Ikubi
Jul 6, 2006, 01:46 PM
;O Wow, really? Thats news to me.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 6, 2006, 02:02 PM
not really a big star wars fan, but yeah, this is still gonna be super awesome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-07-06 12:06 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jul 6, 2006, 02:09 PM
wow, that was perhaps the most boring psu video i have seen -_-

if you guys liked that, you will be sure to love the real thing. once you get photon arts going, fighting in psu is much more exciting.

Ikubi
Jul 6, 2006, 02:16 PM
I liked it for the simple fact that it was actual gameplay and not a trailer showing multiple other things like main characters or scenery. Since i've never been online for PSO, thats pretty much what i'm used to. XD

StarLionsX
Jul 6, 2006, 03:16 PM
Wow! Awesome, makes me even more impatient about the game.

DizzyDi
Jul 6, 2006, 03:18 PM
Yeah it was a pretty cool video. Got boring around the half-way mark. I wished she had some photon arts though, then it woulda been a helluva lot cooler. Makes me excited to use knux and spears, like I was already planning on doing.

Ether
Jul 6, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-07-06 03:17, Oreic wrote:
Here it is.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=uS1K4EMZK0s&search=phantasy%20star%20universe%5Burl%5D

PSU Screenshot and Movie Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110971&forum=20)

Sevenfold
Jul 6, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-07-06 10:52, Kyuu wrote:

Right, everyone is informed when a rare is picked up, and who the offending rare-picker-upper is so that everyone can proceed to hack him into pieces to steal the rare.

Optimism at its best.

ajenteks
Jul 6, 2006, 06:45 PM
Actually, it will go down like this:

Idiot hunter picks up a rare after one party member has died and the fighting is still going on. "Hot damn as I groove to the jam! I gotz a rare bitches ellll yeah!"

Then a message that he has been kicked from the game pops up on everyone's screen, because I'm the party leader, and I don't like that kind of crap in my games. The rare is then redistributed to somebody who can use it, unless it's something like a spread needle in which case everyone gets kicked.

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 06:54 PM
If the rare system actually works like that....I like the new rare system http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I dont think it does, though. I think once he gets the item and you kick him, the item goes with him.

uhawww
Jul 6, 2006, 06:56 PM
It may have seemed boring...

but multiply that by six.

yeah.

MAGNUShunter
Jul 6, 2006, 07:11 PM
Thx! You rock!
Man. I just got a flashback of "pso-high" Remembering ruins runs with a full group kicking major butt.
AWESOME!
I LOVE the eqquip animations! (ie. 5:28 when they equip the sword)
AWESOME!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-07-06 17:12 ]</font>

Lyrise
Jul 6, 2006, 07:23 PM
On 2006-07-06 16:45, ajenteks wrote:
Actually, it will go down like this:

Idiot hunter picks up a rare after one party member has died and the fighting is still going on. "Hot damn as I groove to the jam! I gotz a rare bitches ellll yeah!"

Then a message that he has been kicked from the game pops up on everyone's screen, because I'm the party leader, and I don't like that kind of crap in my games. The rare is then redistributed to somebody who can use it, unless it's something like a spread needle in which case everyone gets kicked.

No, actually, it'll probably look like this:

This is about right. What happens next though....

A message will then pop up saying that "(insert any name here OTHER than the idiot hunter)" has just obtained (insert rare name here)." Idiot hunter will proceed to complain, and like your example, will also be kicked. You get the best of both worlds, someone else gets the rare, and he gets kicked.

Kamica
Jul 6, 2006, 07:54 PM

Its really kinda hard to confuse keycards and rares...that honestly wont be a problem.

This movie is really not good at all. I have watched every youtube video and in my opinion, this video takes the cake as the best one:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y_k42HJxamw&search=phantasy%20star%20universe

The video shows the gameplay mechanics...without boring you to death.

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, the android video is better. But this one is OK too.

vox3om
Jul 6, 2006, 08:06 PM
I think they both do the game justice, but what am I saying I live in US so I've never seen it!

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 6, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-07-06 17:54, Kamica wrote:

This movie is really not good at all. I have watched every youtube video and in my opinion, this video takes the cake as the best one:

The video shows the gameplay mechanics...without boring you to .

That is a great movie! I understand that this is way different than PSO, but it sucks how everything is so much bigger than you -_-. The boss battle had a good backdrop/ level and made it have a more epic feel. I love it! And first person mode looks excellent, considering as how you actually have to aim this time around. Me want!

Kyuu
Jul 7, 2006, 01:25 AM
On 2006-07-06 17:54, Kamica wrote:

Not to mention is has the awesome Neudaiz scenery and background music. <3