PDA

View Full Version : Will the japanese PS2 beta have offline too?

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 03:41 PM
And will it require a password?

I'm thinking.....Couldn't someone potentially put up the ISO of the beta disc, then people could burn it and play it with swap magic? I know that it is illegal, but it would be possible, right?

Kyuu
Jul 6, 2006, 03:46 PM
It's unlikely that the beta will have offline.

Ether
Jul 6, 2006, 03:50 PM
http://pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1522&mode=thread&order=0&thold=-1

"This beta disc will allow people to play online and through a portion of the game's story mode"

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 04:05 PM
^ Win!

God, I hope someone that gets the beta uploads the ISO >_<

Just a demo is plenty for me.

Kisari
Jul 6, 2006, 04:43 PM
Huh, no kidding. I had no clue they were releasing part of the offline as demo too, neat.

Zarode
Jul 6, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-07-06 13:41, EnixBelmont wrote:

I'm thinking.....Couldn't someone potentially put up the ISO of the beta disc, then people could burn it and play it with swap magic? I know that it is illegal, but it would be possible, right?

This is a big no no in the rules. We cannot exactly answer this without getting punished...

Simply, yes. Will it happen? No.

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 04:53 PM
If the demo is at least an hour long, I will have something to hold me until august 31. Provided someone that gets it will upload it....

I realise it is against the rules, I was just asking if it was possible. Not where can I get it if it does come out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EnixBelmont on 2006-07-06 14:54 ]</font>

Zarode
Jul 6, 2006, 04:56 PM
Well, basically yes then. It can happen. The thing is you would need a Japanese PS2, some mod chip, or something to emulate the codes to tell the game to run on the PS2.

I really don't know all the details, but if someone released the ISOs, then you might beable to play.

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 04:59 PM
All you need is swap magic. It is a legal way to play imports that also happens to let you play burnt games. I have one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Its how I beat KH2 before it came out in america. And how I play Tales of the abyss.(both actual copies, BTW)

And I want to play this so bad ;-_- August seems too far....

Tystys
Jul 6, 2006, 05:27 PM
Dude seriously, stop while you're ahead Belmont, the mods could ban you for bringing up illegal stuff like that, O_O

Lyrise
Jul 6, 2006, 05:55 PM
I'm going to have to dash the dreams of those who want try try to shaft the system and state this outright. The PS2 beta will be limited to residents of Japan only.

Why is this important to keep in mind? Because anytime you see an ISO for a Japanese PS2 game, guess who dumped it? Usually, it'll be someone in China/Hong Kong. No offense to anyone who comes from or lives there, but that area didn't attain the title of "Piracy Epicenter" for nothing (I should know, I lived there for 2 years or so). Now unless I'm mistaken, Enterbrain and Mediaworks (the people who publish Famitsu and Dengeki magazines respectively who have these discs) do NOT ship outside of Japan. Given the limited quantity of these discs, it's very safe to say that nobody outside of Japan will have this disc unless someone puts it up for sale. Which I might add, will probably cost you an arm and a leg, if the price of a Closed Beta account was any indication of what they may charge. (45USD was the average price for a closed beta test login.)

Don't bother scouring Japanese P2P networks either, you won't find it there, since the rare times you do find it, it's because someone in China has put it there, but if you refer to the points above, you'll know why it's not going to happen.

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 06:48 PM
Good point. Hong Kong is basically where all japanese ISOs come from...But it is still possible. Here's hoping that a demo or beta gets released here >_<(it wont, but I can dream...)

And I dont think I can get banned for asking if it could happen. I'm not asking where to get the ISO, or giving out info where to get it, I'm asking if its possible there will be one.

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 06:50 PM
true, my friend got the beta from hong kong (or is... i forget which one...)