PDA

View Full Version : What are Photon arts based on, stat wise?

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 04:11 PM
OK, AFAIK, Weapons have PP, and MST/Technic attack power dont do anything for it. But what about photon arts? Are they just based on attack power, like I originally thought? Or are intelligence stats actually important? For example, we know that a HUnewearl will do less damage with normal attacks then an HUcast, for example. But will her PAs do much more to make up for it? If so, I may be a human after all. If not, either a beast or cast.

Ether
Jul 6, 2006, 04:52 PM
It seems the skills and bullets merely provided a boost in ATP and loss in ATA for that particular attack

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Skills
http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Photon_Arts_raw_statistics

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-07-06 16:14 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 04:57 PM
Good, then I can play as a cast or beast with no worries....But then WTF is the point in MST and technic attack power for Rnagers and Hunters?

Zarode
Jul 6, 2006, 04:58 PM
Since you can change between jobs, you would still need MST in order to become a FO. Kinda see how that would work?

If it's on the bullets, please note that FOs can use Handguns on the game. MST boosting bullet may benfit them.

Sev
Jul 6, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-07-06 14:52, Ether wrote:
It seems the skills and bullets merely provided a boost in ATP and ATA for that particular attack

Can you be a little more speciffic? I understand that you're saying they provide a boost in ATP and ATA for that particular attack. But what determine that amount of the boost? Or is it a consistant boost all around?

The reason I believe TAP to affect PA's is simply because you're given only a choise between TAP+ and MST+ on a head slot if I remember correctly. Why would they give Hunter's and Ranger's a stat they'll never use?

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 05:02 PM
I believe he means it's consistant.

And Hunters and Rangers still have MST. And lowered MST unless than a force. My question is WTF is the point of even lowering it? Why would a HUmar have more MST than a HUcast if its a completely useless stat? And HUmar has less than FOmar, say. Why even lower it if it does nothing for anyone other than forces?

DraginHikari
Jul 6, 2006, 05:42 PM
I've hear MST is more like a tech defense rather then tech power which I think is something else but I'm not all sure about that.

Ether
Jul 6, 2006, 06:10 PM
From http://psupedia.org which is a great site (and not my own)

TAP is short for Technique Attack Power. It indicates how proficient your characters is with Techniques in general. As such, TAP is currently deemed usefull only to Forces.

MST is short for Mental Strength. It indicates how much damage your character takes from offensive Techniques.

Lyrise
Jul 6, 2006, 06:11 PM
You guys have it all in reverse. ATP boost is apparent, which is what those have posted have gotten right. What you have mistaken is that when you use a PA, your ATA is getting CUT. That ATA stat that you'll see in game for various PAs is an indicator of what your ATA for the attack will be.

For all you non-ranger characters that want to use guns, keep this in mind, because when you link a lv1 Barret art, you've just cut your ATA by over a half, since you will be operating that linked gun at 47% of your normal accuracy. Before anyone complains about this, this is necessary for balancing, since your attack power goes up by a fair amount and you can inflict statuses (really well if the status is lv3+).

I've hear MST is more like a tech defense rather then tech power which I think is something else but I'm not all sure about that.

I'm pretty sure this is correct, since most people these days are spewing out an acronym like "TAP" but already forgot what TAP actually means. (TAP=Technique Attack Power) IIRC, the stat you've refered to as MST, is really Spirit, which if I'm not mistaken, is for infliction of status and status resistance, as well as general magic defense. (There was a good speculation thread on the closed beta boards when it was still there, and all the compiled info lead to that inference, so take that info with a grain of salt.)

EnixBelmont
Jul 6, 2006, 06:40 PM
.....So instead of a reason to not use androids, and to lean towards humans or beasts, I get yet another reason to stay away from beasts and stay with androids....LMAO. Casts seem to be getting better and better the more I hear about them....When Beasts low accuracy makes them sound more and more useless later on, and humans still fail to show any worth as any class.(I'm not going to be using more than 1 class per character)

Well, Maybe humans could still be useful, for thier decent magic defense. But in PSO, very few enemies casted spells, and the ones that did gave plenty of warning. And even then, Casts have much better HP than humans, which makes it almost even out....

Yeah, I'm pretty much decided on a cast being my main now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sev
Jul 6, 2006, 06:43 PM
TAP = TechNIC Attack Power.

Technic's are what Skills, Shots, and Techniques are filed under.

At least, that's the translation I've been going with all this time. But if it really doesn't affect anything, then I just have to hope I don't have a Head Slot on armor I find because I mean... I could put MST there but I'd rather have something else.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 6, 2006, 08:25 PM
I hope your'e right Sev, I hope that TAP affects PA's so that there can be an incentive to still be Human or Newman Hunter.

Lyrise
Jul 6, 2006, 08:42 PM
「基本法撃力」is what the game says. This literally translates to "Base Technique attack power" and is strctly limited to attacks of a magical nature (in short your tech based PAs).

I know it cannot be applied to all PAs, unless they totally revamped the system from Closed Beta; this is because when I compare my character (Female Newman in hunter form) to another hunter of a different race of a lower level, with far less Tech Attack power, but slightly higher base attack power (keyword being slightly), I'm the one being outdamaged. I can't say that TAP has a lesser effect in a hunter PA, otherwise it would either have me doing slightly more damage than the other hunter, or it's effect is so puny it's negligible.

If TAP was meant to be for PAs of all kinds, then in the above example, I should be doing far more damage. Besides, if TAP was meant for all PAs, then there would need to be a new value for TAP listed in the PA info as well; which wouldn't work out at all either without screwing any one class over.

Alisha
Jul 7, 2006, 05:37 AM
On 2006-07-06 16:40, EnixBelmont wrote:
.....So instead of a reason to not use androids, and to lean towards humans or beasts, I get yet another reason to stay away from beasts and stay with androids....LMAO. Casts seem to be getting better and better the more I hear about them....When Beasts low accuracy makes them sound more and more useless later on, and humans still fail to show any worth as any class.(I'm not going to be using more than 1 class per character)

Well, Maybe humans could still be useful, for thier decent magic defense. But in PSO, very few enemies casted spells, and the ones that did gave plenty of warning. And even then, Casts have much better HP than humans, which makes it almost even out....

Yeah, I'm pretty much decided on a cast being my main now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

in a mitazuke preserve(sp?) video i saw normal enemies casting a barta-esque spell. and with little warning.

EnixBelmont
Jul 7, 2006, 05:59 AM
Meh, either way, its not that big a deal. Androids do have better HP than humans anyway,which covers both magixcal and physical attacks. And I'm sure it is dodgable. And I could just switch to a handgun. Reall,y since you can dodge, and it seems there is more emphasis on dodging, it isnt that big of a deal. I'd rather be doing more damage, personally, then worrying about getting hit by magic.

Alisha
Jul 7, 2006, 06:55 AM
im still torn bettween cast and beast for my main myself. ultimately it will come down to me try both and deciding.

EnixBelmont
Jul 7, 2006, 07:01 AM
LOL, same here. Only I'm leaning strongly towards cast the more I read. Beasts seem great, but I'll have to wait and see if thier ATA kills them later on....But thats why I'm importing, so I'll known what to be when I can go online.

Hell, I'll probably just use bothand have them specialize in different weapons.