PDA

View Full Version : Things - Firmness, Skill allocation? Let's read on...

SirenV
Jul 7, 2006, 10:45 PM
I recalled something and proceeded to look it up - An article I remembered reading awhile ago from Electronic Gaming Monthly.

You may find the article here. (http://calbears.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdegm/is_200505/ai_n12934689) These following excerpts hail from the pages known as 3 and 4 XD.

“Now, you can change the color of the lips, eyes, hair, clothes, shoes, and socks,” says Lead Artist Kosei Kitamura. “Plus, you can carefully change the shape of the face and body—with the female characters, you can create some impressive bustlines and even adjust the firmness of the breasts.”

I remember the developers discussing this earlier on. Is this still present (Firmness/lips/socks)? If it was not in beta, do you think it will be in the final version? (Perhaps they did not allow all of the options available in beta?)

Also, I came across this.

“Each PSU race has its own specific strengths and weaknesses,” explains Sakai. “Newmans are good at magic techniques, beasts are adept at fighting, cast are good with guns, and humes are fairly balanced.” But this isn’t actually a downgrade: As you play the game, you’ll be able to allocate different skills to various attributes, creating a fluid job system that allows for customization.

Is this also gone? I'm not exactly sure what he means by allocating different skills to various attributes... does this mean that something like a Numan can equip skills for their TAP/MST stats? Either way, beta proved this wrong, correct? (Although it isnt good to base all info off of beta, we don't know what the real game will be like later on)

I thought this was interesting as well...

PSU’s new beast race even came from classic games: “We really wanted to include playable alien characters,” Miyoshi explains. “We considered adding the Motavian farmer race from the old Phantasy Star games, and that evolved into the beastman idea.”

Not alien enough, I'm afraid... they're basically the same as Numans but just "designed for something else". Get real. XD

One final question, which is probably self-explanitory. In the beta videos I've seen, there appeared to be blue translucent people walking around the cities and they dissapear if you get close to them. Are they filler NPC's to make the towns look more lively? If so... I think they'd look better colored, even a little.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-07-07 20:50 ]</font>

Authenticate
Jul 7, 2006, 11:00 PM
I've seen pictures where a female or two had lipstick. I'll see if I can find one of them later.

The other stuff I haven't heard anything about.

Why would you want to go THAT in depth with how the ta tas work? Poivoited JPs, I tells ya.

SirenV
Jul 7, 2006, 11:12 PM
For the sake of having an intricate character creation system beyond any sort of conventional expectation - I'm interested. For any other (perhaps heinous) reason than that, I'm not XD. Although I'd assume it could be pretty funny to watch. One of the characters I had planned was supposed to have a haughty "over the top" sort of appearance with that - serious but comical in a way, almost.

Alisha
Jul 7, 2006, 11:58 PM
the blue translucent characters are poeple whos models are loading iirc

AzureBlaze
Jul 8, 2006, 12:54 AM
I remember the 'booby slider'
I even did a post about it a long time ago on here, after magazines had it in there as a "wow neat feature". I wanted them to have it because it'd mean other people (casts, males) would probably have to get some extra slider as well to make it fair, and who doesn't want more options?

But as far as I know that's gone, which is a shame because their new body slider is somewhat underwhealming no matter what type you choose--it creates tons of very similar body types, or fat people. Thin people can't get that thin, wide people not even that wide, so it'd help to have some kind of 'extra custom' slider for the body to mess with proportions outside the box...if just to get someone to look a bit diff.

Also:
The blue ghosties were confusing because they seeded 'em up all over the beta, and when approached they'd vanish. No one actually ever loaded from them. I took them to be an attempt at an example of what the joint would look like when it was truly populated.

MAGNUShunter
Jul 8, 2006, 12:59 AM
I read an official report somewhere that the blue people,
where the spirits of rl players who have "passed on."
My source was 100% accurate so dont even bother commenting. Its pure fact.

ajenteks
Jul 8, 2006, 01:15 AM
That article sounds like a lot of "new kid on the block" BS hype http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RFB
Jul 8, 2006, 06:47 AM
The blue guys are 2 different things, depending on the tone of the color:

1)NPCs that vanish when you get close to them. These come in a small array of tones, I think that a different tone means a different race, maybe even gender, dont remember that bit so well. Normally, darker tones than PCs.

2)PCs that are still being loaded by the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2006-07-08 04:49 ]</font>

MAGNUShunter
Jul 8, 2006, 09:30 AM
3)Ghosts...

EnixBelmont
Jul 8, 2006, 10:18 AM
You can change breast size alone in this game. For girls, go to the height modifier then move body size up and down.(with the joystick or holding shift)

Ikubi
Jul 8, 2006, 11:17 AM
Move it up or down the middle of the grid, on the line.

I knew about increasing/decreasing bust size(now they need to add "package" mod xD), but firmness? >_> I think thats going a bit too far. This ain't Dead or Alive.

hypersaxon
Jul 9, 2006, 02:05 PM
I don't really care about the bounce that much, just as long as they're big http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hypersaxon
Jul 9, 2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/guides/characters/character_creation/human_char_slide.gif

This picture I found in the character creation guide here on PSO-World. If you look closely at the options for clothing, you'll see that there's around 80 options to choose from, much more than there were in the beta. So I'm guessing that not everything that will be available in the game was available in the beta.

So you never know, stuff like breast size and firmness could still be in.

Saner
Jul 9, 2006, 02:28 PM
soo....this is a topic about milkies? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sevenfold
Jul 9, 2006, 02:34 PM
Cant say I didnt see that coming.

hypersaxon
Jul 9, 2006, 03:28 PM
I'd drink milk from that D-cup anyday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif