PDA

View Full Version : Gunbound Revolution

Firocket1690
Jul 9, 2006, 04:05 AM
ogod, another gunbound upgrade, wtfckuczc?

I'm still pissy about them changing the game physics from Thor's Hammer to World Champion. :/ I've barely adapted to the new system over the past two years.

Here comes the Revolution (http://www.gunbound.ijji.com/)

I don't quite mind the community as much, as I've kinda adapted to the people being full of asshats. There are quite a few small changes that irk me quite a bit.

They moved a handful of buttons from crucial locations. Where I used to move the cursor to the lower rtight to get ready, was replaced by the exit door, having me accidentally leave a whole lot of times. F10 no longer brings up my buddy list ingame.
Guilds are deleted altogether. This was what peeved me the most. I've been disconnnected from the small bunch of friends I've made there.

The new one is about a 110mb download, which si quite nice, (compared to the 130mb world champion) (still a bit hefty compared to the 94mb of thor's hammer)
but Oh my bloody fucking god, if this isn't the stupidest piece of shit to be programmed in the history of computers. After installing, the launcher takes you to the website, where you click the live button, to launch the game you installed on your hard drive.
I just can't comprehend the stupidity of this.

Oh, and one last note, they're changing the currency again. You earn gold ingame, and you pay irl money for a currency called ijji. It's just like cash, except wheras 10 gold=1 cash, 1000 gold=1 ijji. All the ingame prices are changed accordingly in proportion. I don't see the point of adding another form of currency, if it's all weighed in equally. Oh, and obviously, the beast avatar/weapons are limited to those who pay irl money, but that's obvious by now. Second best is only for gold users though.

Oh well, fuck that shit, it's 5am. I sleep now.

Skorpius
Jul 9, 2006, 10:49 AM
I always thought Gunbound was kind of dumb anyway. >_>

Eihwaz
Jul 9, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-07-09 08:49, Skorpius wrote:
I always thought Gunbound was kind of dumb anyway. >_>

Agreed. I had some fun with it, but I always thought of it as being like an inferior and asshole-filled clone of Worms.

I'm glad I don't play it now, that upgrade sounds utterly stupid.

Abaru-FP
Jul 10, 2006, 01:24 AM
Maybe someday I'll download the new version...I kind of miss getting my white shirt and blue shorts blown off by korean preteens with demi-god avatars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abaru-FP on 2006-07-09 23:24 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jul 10, 2006, 03:27 AM
And here I was thinking about picking up gunbound and blowing something up for fun.

fuck that shit.