PDA

View Full Version : Shared Bank- still have your own but a bonus?

PALRAPPYS
Jul 9, 2006, 04:50 PM
Is your shared bank a bank that's shared among your characters? I know that, but do you keep your own personal bank ALSO? And on a side note: does each slot on a profile have their own room?

EspioKaos
Jul 9, 2006, 04:54 PM
The shared bank can be accessed by all characters under a single account. The closest there is to your own personal bank is with your partner machinery. You can store meseta and certain items with it, but generally that's so that it can access those items for use with synthesis boards and the like. And each character in an account has their own personal room.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 9, 2006, 05:05 PM
That's good to know. Plus the PM can have items retrieved out of it, and weapons stored inside, etc. Am I right?

drkoolguy
Jul 9, 2006, 06:39 PM
I'd hope so... I'd hate to drop all my meseta in there and not be able to take it out. =/

Saner
Jul 9, 2006, 06:45 PM
well of course, its a shared bank. you can palce and take out items with any of your characters.

and taken out items/stuff from the bank can then be given to the PM if you want.

I believe it works the same with money too.

DamonKatu
Jul 9, 2006, 06:51 PM
Thank YOU! finally, I dont have to transfer my good objects and risk them being lost or stolen. Thats a good feature!

TheGreyCliche
Jul 9, 2006, 07:12 PM
i dunno... a joint account is a big step for my characters, i mean they really haven't known each other very long... and i know at least one of them has a nasty habit of staying up late watching those infomercials... who knows what kind of crazy charges will show up on the monthly statement?!

this really is something my characters should think through. i mean what's next? you guys gonna move into one "my room" together?!

EnixBelmont
Jul 9, 2006, 07:32 PM
This sucks for many people that share an account with family members. My friend, for instance.

Great for veryone else, though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jul 9, 2006, 07:43 PM
Phew! I was worried there! Good thing you can still store items in my PM. I was worried about sharing all my items with my brother. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I know he wouldn't take anything, but it'd get crowded and having to know what's mine and his would be annoying.

EspioKaos
Jul 9, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-07-09 15:05, PALRAPPYS wrote:
That's good to know. Plus the PM can have items retrieved out of it, and weapons stored inside, etc. Am I right?
Yes. And if I recall correctly, your PM also has another area where it stores the finished products of any syntheses you've done.

Saner
Jul 10, 2006, 12:28 AM
On 2006-07-09 17:43, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I know he wouldn't take anything, but it'd get crowded and having to know what's mine and his would be annoying.

well, even though you place items in the bank, I think items are categorized by name.

so if character "A" wants to see what character "B" stores in their bank, they would have to look up B's list of bank items, right?

Airas
Jul 10, 2006, 07:51 AM
Omg, there is actually going to be a shared bank between your own characters in PSU? I was going to ask before, but thought it was too much to ask!

This was something that literally had me on the fence about getting PSU (I quit PSOBB because of it). Mag raising was my favorite pasttime and it became waayyyy too much of a hassle.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 10, 2006, 08:30 AM
oh man, I think I might have to share an account with my bro, so damn, were gonna be sharing the same bank?

Kyuu
Jul 10, 2006, 09:00 AM
... *laments the decline in reading skills*

You have a shared bank, AND a personal bank. Just to make that clear, that's a bank that is shared between your characters, and another bank that is specific to each character. Don't want someone using the same account having access to something? Put it in your PERSONAL bank and not the SHARED one. ~_~

And just to be further clear, your PM is your personal bank. (PM stands for Partner Machinery, just to be clear.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-10 07:02 ]</font>

Alisha
Jul 10, 2006, 09:03 AM
shared bank is AWESOME! no more muling cheer!

Saner
Jul 10, 2006, 04:40 PM
lol its sad people call them 'mules'. but funny. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif