PDA

View Full Version : PSO COMIC!!!!

Flame
Oct 24, 2002, 06:27 PM
you want it don't you? Yes...I know you do...HA HA HA HA HA HA. (cough) in any event, I have started production of a new PSO comic. It will be loosely based around PSO and I hope to do as many PSOW cameos as possible. I am using photoshop 6 to color it but I do have one question if you can anwer it...How do I add text and speech bubbles into the comic? I dont want to spoil anything but i am also wondering....Do you want to see the comic in individual pages as soon as their done? or in issues?
Thank you for your time!!

-FLAME

BWS-1
Oct 25, 2002, 04:16 AM
Sorry I can't help you about the photoshop problem you have but, I can tell you that it's a good idea to show it as individuale pages, makes us crave for more! weeeeeeee!

LollipopLolita
Oct 25, 2002, 05:12 AM
by using the type tool? it's real easy

and as for speech bubbles, either draw them in in a separate layer or download a font that is actually speech bubbles shapes and use that

Moo2u
Oct 25, 2002, 04:41 PM
On 2002-10-25 02:16, BWS-1 wrote:
Sorry I can't help you about the photoshop problem you have but, I can tell you that it's a good idea to show it as individuale pages, makes us crave for more! weeeeeeee!

Not to mention we get to see your stuff sooner! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hikosaka
Oct 25, 2002, 04:55 PM
Indeed...I like to see the comic as it happens. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also, if you've got Paintshop Pro, speech bubbles are pretty easy. Try experimenting with the preset vector shapes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Flame
Oct 25, 2002, 06:00 PM
will do! I will post each page as they are finished. Look for my posts in the future! thanks for the advice!

Ian D
Oct 26, 2002, 04:32 PM
Oooh, I can't wait for this. PSO comics always get me excited.

Davion
Oct 26, 2002, 04:42 PM
This should be good.

RavenTW
Oct 26, 2002, 04:44 PM
Can't wait. I assume your gonna cameo PSOW peeps. That would be sweet.

Toyzferall
Oct 27, 2002, 09:01 PM
I dunno anything about Photoshop... But anyways, sounds cool. 'Specially if yer a good artist ((I dunno if I've seen yer art. If I have, I didn't know it was yours. O.o;; )) I'd rather get it in issues. The waits would be a bit longer, butthey payoffs would be better.

Davion
Oct 28, 2002, 09:00 PM
On 2002-10-27 18:01, Toyzferall wrote:
I dunno anything about Photoshop... But anyways, sounds cool. 'Specially if yer a good artist ((I dunno if I've seen yer art. If I have, I didn't know it was yours. O.o;; )) I'd rather get it in issues. The waits would be a bit longer, butthey payoffs would be better.

As for how good he is, I'll vouch for him. Flame drew the personal photo in my profile.

Toyzferall
Nov 3, 2002, 10:18 AM
O.O Yep, yer good! Can't wait!

BlackRose
Nov 4, 2002, 01:13 PM
Well, all I have to say is:

Awesome.

KodiaX987
Nov 4, 2002, 01:28 PM
I submit Shuri as cameo, because I can. ;P

Flame
Nov 4, 2002, 08:19 PM
all I can say is dont expect it too soon. School is taking a greater toll on me than first expected(Im a freshman in Highschool!). Also I just got PSO for GC and am online as much as possible. I keep telling myself that I'll get around to it. just remember, that patience is a virtue.

Toyzferall
Nov 10, 2002, 12:05 PM
On 2002-11-04 17:19, Flame wrote:
all I can say is dont expect it too soon. School is taking a greater toll on me than first expected(Im a freshman in Highschool!). Also I just got PSO for GC and am online as much as possible. I keep telling myself that I'll get around to it. just remember, that patience is a virtue.

Same problem here. o.o;; Well, that, and I'm in two plays, and I'm a really sucky artist...

Deathkiller
Nov 12, 2002, 11:32 PM
wowie... yet another pso comic... how exciting... i can simply feel the tension in the air as everyone awaits the arrival of another colorfull episode depicting experiences which we've all been through before and spitting it at us to make us feel just THAT much better about ourselves as we toil and waste our time about a game which is called "online" but isn't even multiplayer... great idea 'yall http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Getting with that "community" spirit... wooh...

Hikosaka
Nov 13, 2002, 01:41 AM
Flame's upcoming comic is a valid effort, a fan art to be enjoyed by fans.

Please don't put down someone's efforts just because you're sick of the game.

Davion
Nov 13, 2002, 02:59 PM
On 2002-11-12 22:41, Hikosaka wrote:
Flame's upcoming comic is a valid effort, a fan art to be enjoyed by fans.

Please don't put down someone's efforts just because you're sick of the game.

Agreed! Flame's a buddy of mine, so don't be dissin him.

Flame
Nov 13, 2002, 08:16 PM
dont read it then. Im not forcing you to.

Toyzferall
Nov 15, 2002, 12:06 AM
On 2002-11-13 17:16, Flame wrote:
dont read it then. Im not forcing you to.

Heh. Exactly. Keep goin', buddy. Sounds good to me. I've actually not really seen many PSO comics... At least, not as many as I figured there would be. I'd like to see this. ((And I wanna get myself in it... I love shamelessly promoting myself. ^.^))

BoUnCeR
Dec 3, 2002, 05:24 AM
heh, just give yourself to it than give it to us, and we'll like it. just don't let yourself be affected by others ^_^

Flame
Dec 3, 2002, 11:33 PM
Just an anouncement. I am sorry it is taking so long but as i have said before, school is taking a greater toll on me than i had anticipated. The first couple of pages are almost done. It is basically the introduction, Rico fighting with a delsaber. Please bear with me people.

baby-t
Dec 9, 2002, 12:22 PM
Yay! I can't wait.

Flame
Dec 9, 2002, 11:23 PM
i would very much like to post some character sketchs for you all here but i am sorry to say i dunno how. Please help.

SuzukaCC
Dec 9, 2002, 11:38 PM
Cool PSO comic! =^^= I'll read it!

Hikosaka
Dec 10, 2002, 12:10 PM
On 2002-12-09 20:23, Flame wrote:
i would very much like to post some character sketchs for you all here but i am sorry to say i dunno how. Please help.

Hmm, if it's the bbcode you need, just use http://urlwhereimageis, or just post links to the images if the website that's hosting them doesn't allow outside linking, http://yourlink

Hope that was what you were asking.

Flame
Dec 10, 2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks Hiko! but sadly, no. thats not what i was referring to. I need to know how to post these images on the internet seeing as i cannot just post files onto my message or post them straight from my computer.

Hikosaka
Dec 11, 2002, 05:14 PM
Oh, hehe. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Well, there's a number of free websites you can get an account on, such as Geocities, Tripod, Angelfire, Crosswinds, etc. Do a little searching around for which one seems the best for you, and just sign up. Homestead used to be good until they changed their free site into a limited trial, so I don't recommend using them. Then you can consult their FAQs about how to upload images via FTP or a web-based console.

Or, if you've got an isp like AOL or Earthlink, they automatically give you free webspace; if you have anything like that, might be good to check that out.

Flame
Dec 11, 2002, 08:37 PM
ok...illl try those. hmm...i hope i have no dificulties posting the actual comic...that would suck.