PDA

View Full Version : Putting the Man back into Human

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
*Post intended to place some perspective on where humans stand compared to the other races

Alright, there's been some negative talk about humans and how they aren't 'specialized'. Sure, maybe they aren't as strong/accurate as the beast and cast race, but the actual 'differences' between them aren't so big in most cases.

*Male genders used
Take for instance the Hunter class.
Cast
At level 1, they have better hp, ATP, ATA, and DFP.
Human
At level 1, then have better TAP, MST, and EVP.

The Casts may be statistically better hunters than the humans, but lets take the big picture into consideration.
The Cast's HP is around 15 points more than the humans. Kudos to them, that's actually pretty good(and the Beasts have it even better off with approx. 15 more hp than the Casts).
The Cast's ATP is only 2 points better than the humans. Sure, it's better, but only by 2 points. A real difference in melee prowess would be beasts vs everyone else. The Beasts have 5 more ATP points than the casts. In terms of ATP, the beasts win.
The Cast's DFP is 3 points better than the humans. This is decent considering every other race is at 12 (excluding the beasts, who are at 13). Casts win this one.

So, at the end of the day, Casts are better hunters than humans, but very minorly when realizing that the beast race is the king of the hunter class anyways.

Now, take for instance the Ranger class.
Casts have around 15 more hp than the humans again while the beasts have only 4 more than the casts.
Casts have better ATP than the humans, but by 3 points. The beasts have 2 more ATP than the cast.
Now here is where the big difference lies for the Ranger class and where a cast's sturdy arm comes into play - ATA. Humans have 40, Beasts have 33, while casts have a very nice 47. This definitely gives them an extra foot above the rest when it comes to being a ranger. No more measy 2-3 point stat leads in this department.
The humans have 2 less defense points compared to the casts, while the beasts only have 1 less than the casts. The cast also have 1 point of end above the rest.
Just to make it clear - casts are a great choice for primarily ranger-class characters.

When it comes to the force class, the choices get a bit more simple. Numans are the obvious #1 choice, while humans are second. The beasts beat the casts here too.

So humans may be statistically worse than the casts, but the casts are also statistically worse than the beasts in some areas. In a nutshell, Humans and casts are looking tied up as hunter class characters. Despite the leads the cast have above the humans, they are very minor and the beasts topple them both either way. If you are looking to be a ranger, casts are in first place with their superior ATA, but humans aren't that far behind. Other than the lower amount of ATA, it's pretty much the same differences as the hunter class.

EDIT: I know all this info is from the beta version, but it is also the info we are basing our opinions on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 11:58 ]</font>

Tystys
Jul 10, 2006, 01:58 PM
I don't get it, what's the point of this post, XD

DizzyDi
Jul 10, 2006, 02:00 PM
To show that Humans aren't so bad afterall. Seeing as how a lot of folks have been saying they're useless compared to the other races.

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 02:00 PM
The point is that humans may be 'worse' than casts, but by so little in mosts cases that it doesn't make a difference. Humans are the best all rounders and, with that said, darn good hunters/rangers/forces as well.

Edit: Spot on, dizzyDi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 12:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 12:02 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jul 10, 2006, 02:04 PM
We can't say definitively that Humans are worse than casts. We don't all what kinda stats and items and the things that you can do with your character. Besides, Humans do have EVP AND MST over Casts, which balences out the lower DFP and HP.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 10, 2006, 02:04 PM
I just hope that I can have a human male who is a pure hunter and still be effective in combat. Humans seem to have better evasion and ata than beasts as well, so they'll be hitting more and getting hit less, while also being able to take magic attacks better than casts and beasts. When I saw this video of a RAcaseal fighting, there was this boss that was shooting plenty of fire and the RAcaseal was getting hit alot.

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 02:10 PM
Plus, casts and humans are very different tastes. Personally, I think I'd have more fun playing as a human than a robot. Personally, a lot of the casts I've seen during the beta look like a military soldier from *insert Final Fantasy game name here*. Not that that's bad, but it's not my favorable look. I've seen some cool looking ones too, though, but I am still not sure if I'd like to play that sort of a character. I could opt for a humanesque head (cyborg head), but it's a different feel.
Different strokes for different folks. If I make a human first, a cast will be my second, and the same if I make a cast first.

RedX
Jul 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
Humans are meant to have lower stats then the other races main. They are the well rounded they aren't best at anything but they aren't bad at anything ether. In short they are the Jack of all trades.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 10, 2006, 02:16 PM
well, they're here for a reason, if you pick a human, then you'll be good at whatever class you choose, but then again, it would be interesting seeing a FOcast or FObeast, they can cast magic while having better dfp and hp than FOnewms or FOmars

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah. Plus, it all comes down to preferences as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 12:26 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Jul 10, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-07-10 12:16, Shiroryuu wrote:
well, they're here for a reason, if you pick a human, then you'll be good at whatever class you choose, but then again, it would be interesting seeing a FOcast or FObeast, they can cast magic while having better dfp and hp than FOnewms or FOmars

Yeah, but to balance it out, the spells that FOcasts and FObeasts actually cast are less powerful than those from a FOnewm and FOmar due to their lower MST, so they would end up having to use a lot more PP to accomplish the same effect. Whereas FOnewms and FOmars would be able to do more damage using less PP, but they'd be more fragile.

MoonSblaise
Jul 10, 2006, 03:04 PM
Meh... Humans have always been the average class in every game <shrugs> FFXI and Lineage 2 for instance... Far as i'm concerned, if i wona be a swordsman go beast.... mage, newman... experiment... either of cast or human

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 03:06 PM
Except that in PSU you can train all of the classes, therefore the need to make a different character for each class isn't required.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 13:07 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Jul 10, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yarr but thats the same in most games too >.< just ya normally have a good idea what you want to be at the start... And i generally prefer to be the top race for my class

Kyuu
Jul 10, 2006, 03:17 PM
On 2006-07-10 13:06, Carlo210 wrote:

Except that in PSU you can train all of the classes, therefore the need to make a different character for each class isn't required.

Yes, but there are three reasons not to just make one character and switch between classes:

1) You're stuck with that race for all three classes.

2) I dunno about you, but I find having a different character for each of my classes much more interesting than sticking with the same character all the time.

3) You have four slots available for characters, so there's really no reason to use the same character for all classes unless you're really intent on it.

The only good thing about the ability to change classes on a character, in my view, is that I can create my characters and never have to remake them. Not liking how my newman plays as a hunter? Switch her to a ranger or force, keep all the experience she's gotten towards her character level and not have to remake a new character from scratch.

Edit: Of course, there is the fact that you don't have to reraise your character levels if you use the same character for all three classes, but then if I enjoy playing PSU, as I imagine I will, then having to spend a little extra time isn't really much of a deterrant to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-10 13:21 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Jul 10, 2006, 03:21 PM
So similar to FFXI lol

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 03:26 PM
Well, for me, it's a split decision between human and cast.

Alisha
Jul 10, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-07-10 12:00, Carlo210 wrote:
The point is that humans may be 'worse' than casts, but by so little in mosts cases that it doesn't make a difference. Humans are the best all rounders and, with that said, darn good hunters/rangers/forces as well.

Edit: Spot on, dizzyDi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 12:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 12:02 ]</font>

the difference may not seem like much at level 1 but it definately will be as levels increase. in pso i think the differnce between cast and humar atp was like 300 points at max.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-07-10 13:30 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Jul 10, 2006, 03:29 PM
what class ya thinking you'll like ta be m8?

Inazuma
Jul 10, 2006, 04:00 PM
the only way a video game can PERFECTLY balance its characters, is to make them 100% identical in every single way. its impossible to balance them perfectly, or satisfy all the players.

but since all the players have a choice of what kind of char they want to play, they can pick what is best for them. or, they can pick something thats not best, its all up to the player.

the human race's advantage and weakness is the same thing. they arent the best or worst at any type. its the ideal race for the player who is new to the game and cant decide on a type to focus on, or for the player who wants to be able to do it all and switch types often and still be decent.

if you want to be very strong, human is not the best choice. its annoying when ppl pick a weak char and then later complain about being weak. "man, why is my FOcast so weak? this sux"

i really like the way psu is set up. we can play any race, gender or type we want. options are always a good thing.

i remember playing sorceress in diablo II, as a melee fighter only. ive also played as fomar and fomarl in psobb. sometimes its nice to have the option to play as a weaker char.

the main thing that sega should try to balance correctly are the types themselves, not the races.

how does the newman force, cast ranger and beast hunter compare? if they can get those balanced well, everything should work out fine.

TheGreyCliche
Jul 10, 2006, 04:00 PM
I think Humans are greatly underrated in this game because people keep forgetting that you can change your class at any time... Think about it, sure if you want to be strictly hunter and never try anything else then beast would be your best bet. But i like Humans because then i can level up all of the classes for one character.

For instance
Cast Hunter changed to Cast Force (The force wouldn't do too well)
Beast Hunter changed to Beast Force (The force still wouldn't do too well)
Human Hunter changed to Human Force (The force would be significantly better)

you can compare it like this to any variation of race/class in the game, but overall, the jack of all trade Humans are a great pick for people who want to play the field, every other race will be rather limited if they want to change their class later on.

Nisshoku
Jul 10, 2006, 04:33 PM
Silly fleshbags. You mave have created us, but you cannot control us.

tank1
Jul 10, 2006, 04:36 PM
Feh the off switch is always there.

Sevenfold
Jul 10, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-07-10 11:49, Carlo210 wrote:
*Post intended to place some perspective on where humans stand compared to the other races

Alright, there's been some negative talk about humans and how they aren't 'specialized'. Sure, maybe they aren't as strong/accurate as the beast and cast race, but the actual 'differences' between them aren't so big in most cases.

*Male genders used
Take for instance the Hunter class.
Cast
At level 1, they have better hp, ATP, ATA, and DFP.
Human
At level 1, then have better TAP, MST, and EVP.

The Casts may be statistically better hunters than the humans, but lets take the big picture into consideration.
The Cast's HP is around 15 points more than the humans. Kudos to them, that's actually pretty good(and the Beasts have it even better off with approx. 15 more hp than the Casts).
The Cast's ATP is only 2 points better than the humans. Sure, it's better, but only by 2 points. A real difference in melee prowess would be beasts vs everyone else. The Beasts have 5 more ATP points than the casts. In terms of ATP, the beasts win.
The Cast's DFP is 3 points better than the humans. This is decent considering every other race is at 12 (excluding the beasts, who are at 13). Casts win this one.

So, at the end of the day, Casts are better hunters than humans, but very minorly when realizing that the beast race is the king of the hunter class anyways.

Now, take for instance the Ranger class.
Casts have around 15 more hp than the humans again while the beasts have only 4 more than the casts.
Casts have better ATP than the humans, but by 3 points. The beasts have 2 more ATP than the cast.
Now here is where the big difference lies for the Ranger class and where a cast's sturdy arm comes into play - ATA. Humans have 40, Beasts have 33, while casts have a very nice 47. This definitely gives them an extra foot above the rest when it comes to being a ranger. No more measy 2-3 point stat leads in this department.
The humans have 2 less defense points compared to the casts, while the beasts only have 1 less than the casts. The cast also have 1 point of end above the rest.
Just to make it clear - casts are a great choice for primarily ranger-class characters.

When it comes to the force class, the choices get a bit more simple. Numans are the obvious #1 choice, while humans are second. The beasts beat the casts here too.

So humans may be statistically worse than the casts, but the casts are also statistically worse than the beasts in some areas. In a nutshell, Humans and casts are looking tied up as hunter class characters. Despite the leads the cast have above the humans, they are very minor and the beasts topple them both either way. If you are looking to be a ranger, casts are in first place with their superior ATA, but humans aren't that far behind. Other than the lower amount of ATA, it's pretty much the same differences as the hunter class.

EDIT: I know all this info is from the beta version, but it is also the info we are basing our opinions on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 11:58 ]</font>

OMFG, who cares! Every race has its highs and lows, and everyone has a preference, play what you like and move on. Sheesh....

Avion
Jul 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
Looking at stats now is pretty pointless as it will likely be much different later on in the game.

But yeah, humans seem like they're meant to do each job decently and not really lack in any area. Some people like to stick to one main character so a human would suit them.

Earthsunderer
Jul 10, 2006, 06:16 PM
Wouldn't some people just want to play Humans just because they don't like playing an android, or don't like to have pointy ears or cat/dog ears with animal nose on their characters?

I mean, this game gives so much freedom concerning the visuality of the faces on your character, why would some ignore this just because one race they don't like visually is better state-wise?

Of course, I don't have any problems to try out all four races, but that's just for having fun at all.

Sev
Jul 10, 2006, 06:24 PM
Weakness in attack will also be determined by your weapon... People... May wanna remember that. There's also things such as even though Beasts have higher ATP, their ATA is lacking... Be as strong as you want, if you're missing alot you'll notice the difference.

So to me, the main deciding factor will be weapons and units. Those will make all the difference in your characters potential. There's also that little thing called skill, but I'm not sure if it'll take much to figure out how to play the game well.

Also, the only thing I don't like about this topic is that you compared strictly to Casts, but I guess that's just your preference since you like both races.

Abaru-FP
Jul 10, 2006, 07:26 PM
If PSU is anything like PSO, the beast may have it alot rougher as hunters than it might seem. They lack ATA, which is both a defensive and offensive stat. If I'm counting on the second long stun when I'm swinging my big, slow sword at a group of monsters, whiffing could often mean getting smacked down.

But WHO CARES, be what you want. Picking a class based on the marginal stat difference is silly.

Sev
Jul 10, 2006, 07:30 PM
On 2006-07-10 17:26, Abaru-FP wrote:
If PSU is anything like PSO, the beast may have it alot rougher as hunters than it might seem. They lack ATA, which is both a defensive and offensive stat. If I'm counting on the second long stun when I'm swinging my big, slow sword at a group of monsters, whiffing could often mean getting smacked down.

But WHO CARES, be what you want. Picking a class based on the marginal stat difference is silly.

Silly is a word that tickles the insides.

Some people just like to view themselves as "The Best" and therefore, they have to be whatever seems like the best combo in the end. I wonder how long before they make a PSU parser so people can view there damage stats and talk about how awesome they are. I can't wait for that.

Oh yeah, btw. That was sarcasm at the end there.

MAGNUShunter
Jul 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
I think this is a good post. You put it all in perspective bro.
I'm still undecided between Human or Cast for ranger. But it is good to keep in mind that with the human, it will be more of a balance if you decide to switch classes.

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 08:06 PM
Actually it's because beasts are more cut down the center. Beast hunters are the strongest but have bad accuracy. The reason i compared casts and hmans primarily, aside from my personal preferences, is because they are 2-3 points away from eachother in the hunter stats, which is where people have trouble choosing which race to play as.

Anyways, I have to add one more thing that may not mean a lot to you.
Lets say Joe and Bill are hunters. Joe has better physical power than Bill.
Joe attacks for 450 hp of damage each strike
Bill attacks for 390 hp of damage each strike

Sure, the extra power is obvious on Joe's end, but it's an action rpg where, if Bill manages to press the attack button once more, he has caught up for the time being (loosely speaking). After a while, Joe would've still outputted mroe damage than Bill of course, but I don't see how Bill wasn't successful either. There's no penalty or anything, and you don't have to worry about Joe saying 'noob Bill doesn't know how to build a fighter - duel me!'. If you don't manage to dish out the extra 1000 damage on an enemy within 15 hits, it may not be that big of a deal. Someone else who is fighting alongside you as a teammate has. That's what teams are for. I'm not saying teams gotta compensate for the weaklings, but I'm saying that the fighters who do less damage are still effective in the large picture.
If Bill is attacking schmo badguy ina mob (where 6 of your players are as well, attacking other enemies), if you are dealing 15% less damage than the next guy, you probably still won't die. Maybe Joe will give them a whack, or maybe one of Sally Force's fireballs would've hit the mob you're fighting. In a team based game, maybe having the 'strongest' character isn't necessary to an extent. You should be able to hold your own, but no one is asking you to go against bosses by yourself - you have a team by your side. And when you have 6 people dishing out attacks that range from 100 points of damage to 500 points of damage each hit, it doesn't really matter if you're doing 390 or 450.
Then again, we can't all be the 390 guys because we all need those Joe 450's on our team as well.
We will all be able to support the team and hold our own. If you can't, then you've created a failure of a character (or need to gear up).
Team Play All The Way.

By the way, some of you may be thinking I'm a phsycho for trying up so much useless information, but I'm just trying to be insightful whilst also transferring my thoughts into text. I'm not saying doing high damage is useless, I'm just letting out some thoughts that will ease the mind of those who want to be humans and so forth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 18:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 18:11 ]</font>

Sev
Jul 10, 2006, 08:17 PM
Carlo... I think I just teared up.

Teamwork all the way.

*Thumbs up*

(No... I'm not trying to be sarcastic.)

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 08:25 PM
On 2006-07-10 18:17, Sev wrote:
Carlo... I think I just teared up.

Teamwork all the way.

*Thumbs up*

(No... I'm not trying to be sarcastic.)

*Thumbs up*

(Better not be trying to be sarcastic. If I find out you are... get ready for a duel!) *reminds self of pityful Diablo2 days*

If the 360 is linked, I'll look forward to killing stuff with some of you guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-10 18:26 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Jul 10, 2006, 08:26 PM
Exactly. Even though an android will almost always be better than a human and be more useful, it reallt doesnt make a big enough difference to matter in team play, which is what is really important.

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 08:31 PM
Yup. No reason to play as a character you won't have fun with just for extra power.

Alisha
Jul 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
On 2006-07-10 14:00, Inazuma wrote:
the only way a video game can PERFECTLY balance its characters, is to make them 100% identical in every single way. its impossible to balance them perfectly, or satisfy all the players.

but since all the players have a choice of what kind of char they want to play, they can pick what is best for them. or, they can pick something thats not best, its all up to the player.

the human race's advantage and weakness is the same thing. they arent the best or worst at any type. its the ideal race for the player who is new to the game and cant decide on a type to focus on, or for the player who wants to be able to do it all and switch types often and still be decent.

if you want to be very strong, human is not the best choice. its annoying when ppl pick a weak char and then later complain about being weak. "man, why is my FOcast so weak? this sux"

i really like the way psu is set up. we can play any race, gender or type we want. options are always a good thing.

i remember playing sorceress in diablo II, as a melee fighter only. ive also played as fomar and fomarl in psobb. sometimes its nice to have the option to play as a weaker char.

the main thing that sega should try to balance correctly are the types themselves, not the races.

how does the newman force, cast ranger and beast hunter compare? if they can get those balanced well, everything should work out fine.

i know you didnt just call a fomarl weak...

tank1
Jul 11, 2006, 12:25 PM
*thumbs up* Teamplay ftw.

tank1
Jul 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
Ooops PC froze sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2006-07-11 10:27 ]</font>

mechatra
Jul 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
Hi-fives for Teamwork guys!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*Holds hand up*

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 11, 2006, 01:23 PM
Also, since were talking about teamwork, I don't think that the difference between a HUbeast and a HUnewm may be that signifigant when there's a Force casting shita and deband or something, and the HUnewm will hit more often.

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 01:52 PM
Shita? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tank1
Jul 11, 2006, 02:01 PM
shifta that causes poison XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 11, 2006, 02:23 PM
you know what I mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Inazuma
Jul 11, 2006, 03:26 PM
On 2006-07-11 10:16, Alisha wrote:

i know you didnt just call a fomarl weak...

i said "weaker". in comparison to some other classes in pso, the fomarl is weaker, yes. remember, its impossible to perfectly balance every char, so you cant help but have some better than others. the fomarl is one of the "can do everything ok but not great" chars.

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
I'm starting to like some of the clothes the the humans have. In the legal character creator, Jacket #16 (the last of it's style in orange) and the black jacket with orange shoulders are very nice. Not too crazy about the pants, but they are alright. I wish they had some regular jeans (they'll never go out of style, ya hear me!?).

Too figgin bad the cast creating part of the legal character creator doesn't work. I wanna see how successful I can be at making a humanesque male cast. The females can look very humanoid, but it seems as if the males get very bulky body parts. We shall see.

tank1
Jul 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
If i make a Cast ( as a secound char) then ill probably make "Zain" *see sig* so im hoping that they sort out the Cast part of the Char creator to.

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 04:36 PM
I want to know if there are slimmer cast bodies. I mean, I've only seen the cast bodies with robot heads selected. There may be more humanesque bodies when a humanesque head is selected. I mean, the cast girls can look great and humanoid.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 11, 2006, 04:41 PM
can't newmans and beasts wear them too?

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 04:44 PM
You mean human clothes like jacket #16? (It's actually #15 in the game, but the character ceator website includes bodysuit as choice #1)
Yeah, everyone but the casts wear them.

EnixBelmont
Jul 12, 2006, 11:53 AM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/psu20060704_031934_000.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/psu20060704_031948_001.jpg

That's my Cast, its humanoid. Pretty much as Humanoid as you can make it.

tank1
Jul 12, 2006, 11:54 AM
He looks kinda evil. He's got the whole red eyes of dooms thing going on XD.

Carlo210
Jul 12, 2006, 12:14 PM
I really like the humanoid cast look. Those legs, arms, and chest pieces are, IMO, the best fit for a humanoid cast because they are the slimmest. On top of that, I think they are the coolest looking.

You could've made it 'look' more humand if you changed the skin tone and made the eyes more humanlike.
Do you have any more snapshots?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-12 11:19 ]</font>

mechatra
Jul 12, 2006, 01:27 PM
I just pieced together a flesh/cast. If I were to make a Cast, this is generally how I'd make him look.
(I apologise for the low quality and poor clipping, I rushed this together in about 5 mins)

I named him Tansei -

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/3707/tanseifullcopy8bt.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mechatra on 2006-07-12 11:28 ]</font>

TheGreyCliche
Jul 12, 2006, 01:31 PM
why would you want to give a face and simulated emotions to a toaster? why?!

mechatra
Jul 12, 2006, 01:41 PM
Never said I'd actually use him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm all for beasts myself, someone just asked for a fleshie cast so I made one look as human as possible.

TheGreyCliche
Jul 12, 2006, 01:42 PM
you did a helluva job too. i just have my own prejudice against robots...

mechatra
Jul 12, 2006, 01:44 PM
Haha, me too ^_^

I generally dislike the idea of being artificial.
No offense to any casts of course! I just wouldn't want it myself.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 12, 2006, 02:06 PM
you're right, nothing against droids, but not my cup of tea, and beasts might miss too much. human it still is.

Tystys
Jul 12, 2006, 02:16 PM
RAcast FTW in PSO.

Humans FTW in PSU.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 12, 2006, 02:43 PM
no, no, no, you have it all wrong, HUnewearl FTW in PSO, then its all cool.

-memoru-
Jul 12, 2006, 03:06 PM
I'm picking a cast only for the fact that the models best fit my character(ikubi), b/c she was made she has bionic-like arms. but for the most part she's an elph. But because she's technically dead, she's also like a "ghost in a shell" so to speak. More of an angel in a shell, but you get my point. xp

Carlo210
Jul 12, 2006, 07:36 PM
One thing that's making me think is if the fact that RAcasts have 47 ATA while RAmars have 40. Is 7 that big of a deal (the gap will grow, meaning casts will remain having much more ata than humans. Along with defense and atp...)?

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 13, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-07-12 11:31, TheGreyCliche wrote:

The simulated emotions and stuff are there to give the Cast incentive to use its built-in download function for porn.

isahn80
Jul 13, 2006, 02:38 AM
On 2006-07-13 00:31, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

The simulated emotions and stuff are there to give the Cast incentive to use its built-in download function for porn.

That's it; I'm playing a CAST.

Hey Jifremok, didn't I see you at the PS4 gamefaqs boards?

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 13, 2006, 02:54 AM
On 2006-07-13 00:38, isahn80 wrote:

On 2006-07-13 00:31, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Yeah, where do you think I got the idea that androids could download porn? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

isahn80
Jul 13, 2006, 03:19 AM

Yeah, where do you think I got the idea that androids could download porn? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I KNEW IT!!! YOU RIPPED ME OFF! I also wanted to say your "throw in the towel" jokes SUCKED!

Nah, I'm just joking. Yours were actually pretty damn funny. I hardly ever go there anymore because that place is a ghost town. It's good to see someone from there, though.

Hey, when PSU comes out we should start a "throw in the towel" thread for that game and show these guys what bad jokes are all about!

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 13, 2006, 03:36 AM
*decides not to quote this time*

Aye, I'm with you on that! We gotta make up for the lack of Desolisian priests! Gonna be a while though for them throw in the towel jokes.

And to be technical, I'm not really from that board. I just dropped by for a visit one day since I remembered the good humor that PSIV spawned.

isahn80
Jul 13, 2006, 03:47 AM
On 2006-07-13 01:36, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
*decides not to quote this time*

Aye, I'm with you on that! We gotta make up for the lack of Desolisian priests! Gonna be a while though for them throw in the towel jokes.

And to be technical, I'm not really from that board. I just dropped by for a visit one day since I remembered the good humor that PSIV spawned.

Good humor... yeah, have you seen my more recent posts there in the joke topics? Some of that stuff could get me banned here.

But about the "throw in the towel" thread, it's a deal. I know it'll be awhile but that will give me time to think up more tasteless shit for everyone's enjoyment.

And yeah, I don't remember you being a regular there, but I meant it was just cool seeing a name I actually recognized.

If anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, go to the gamefaq's PS4 board and look up the topics "you know it's time to throw in the towel when..." and "conversations within Elsydeon." Look for my posts (same handle as here). I think you'll be pleasantly offended.

Ok, so what was this topic about again? Humans or something? Oh yeah, so humans... ummm.. they're like the jack of all trades... and they look kind of like hairless monkeys... uhhh... I think that's about it.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 13, 2006, 03:59 AM
Well, before our jacking of this thread (huh-huh, I said jacking of), the thread was primarily a serious topic about how the humans' lacking of stat points isn't that significant, and then there were posts about Casts, and I forget what else was said.

Huh-huh, humans are the jack of all trades. Huh-huh huh-huh!

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 09:18 PM
The casts in this game are basically cyborgs, unlike in PSO. They can be poisoned and stuff now.

Anyway, request a character made and I will post pics of it. Although don't expect me to post for a few days, I am going on vacation tomorrow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Carlo210
Jul 13, 2006, 09:23 PM
Enix, I've seen casts withbout armor. Can you do this? I mean, obviously you can, but how would you? Don't you HAVE to be armored or is there a choice somewhere to be unarmored? Also, In the gameplay videos posted by johnathan_f http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110971&forum=20&start=99 there is a player who is a FOcast. He is unarmored, but he has armored legs (the ones with two fins at the rear - the slimmest of the three armored legs). It's my favorite personal look for the casts so far. Could you try to make one? If you cant, how do you make a character wear only select pieces of clothing/armor and leave the rest as the underlying clothes?

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 09:34 PM
If you are naked, you look like that. So just don't wear clothes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'll post one of mine naked in a sec.

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 09:38 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/EnixBelmont/psu20060714_113626_000.jpg

Carlo210
Jul 13, 2006, 09:39 PM
I know, but *inserts previous post*
"there is a player who is a FOcast. He is unarmored, but he has armored legs (the ones with two fins at the rear - the slimmest of the three armored legs). *snip* If you cant, how do you make a character wear only select pieces of clothing/armor and leave the rest as the underlying clothes? "

The cast has naked chest and arms, but 'clothed' legs. How is that possible.

I'm assuming you buy the legs afterwards? If so, that's fine, but can you be naked all over while having armored legs without paying money to get the legs seperate?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-13 19:42 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 09:43 PM
Wait, what? You choose clothes to start with. YOu have to. Period. Then, you can unequip everything but the pants(the armored legs). Then there you go. Is that what you were asking? You equip al clothing seperately.(shirt, shoes, and pants.)

Carlo210
Jul 13, 2006, 09:46 PM
Yes, that's what I mean. Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Just to make it clear, you can still unequip the pants if desired (since I've seen them running around as well). You just said "you can unequip everything but the pants" because that's what I was asking about.

Anywho, what next...

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 09:52 PM
Of course. Treat clothes as equipment that doesnt do anything but make you look pretty.

Carlo210
Jul 13, 2006, 09:56 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I really like the unarmored chest look, though. The slim arm style still looks cool though(the one with white forearms), but I'm not sure if it looks as cool as unarmored arms.I haven't been able to get a close look. (aka gimme a close torso pic of the naked cast and the armored cast with the slimmest armored arms).

Also, enix, I think I asked you before but I can't remember what the answer was. Are you playing on pc/ps2 or 360?

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 10:22 PM
No, you never asked me. And probably PC. But if all 3 are linked, or at least if 360 is linked to PC, I'll be playing on 360. All my friends are getting the PC version, so I am too, just so I can play with them.

Carlo210
Jul 13, 2006, 10:51 PM
I was asking you just then (i wasn't expecting you to show me those pics without me telling you).
On second topic - Even more reason to hope for linkage.

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 10:52 PM
The "No, you never asked me" was refering to you never asking me what system I was playing on, you said you thought you may have asked me before. I was just saying you didn't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Carlo210
Jul 13, 2006, 10:54 PM
Oh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I forgot I said that.