PDA

View Full Version : Which System?

Blade21
Jul 10, 2006, 05:22 PM
360?
Ps2 (boo)
Pc?

Which one? Hopefully they are all linked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FlakariLeader
Jul 10, 2006, 05:25 PM
PC for me

tank1
Jul 10, 2006, 05:27 PM
PC ftw

Saner
Jul 10, 2006, 05:27 PM
hey that's mean to treat PS2 that way!

I'm getting PS2 version.

the only way Xbox360 version will convince me to get that version too is if:

1. it's linked to PC and PS2.

2. it doesnt require online connection or account to play offline (in case there is a situation my harddrive gets damaged or can't go online)

3. doesn't have anything added that limits my fun with the game.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 10, 2006, 05:38 PM
Defenitely PC. I don't have either other system anyway -_-.

Rei-San
Jul 10, 2006, 06:10 PM
For me it depends. I want the PC version. But if PC doesn't link then it's 360 for me.

DizzyDi
Jul 10, 2006, 06:13 PM
How many of these were made?

DikkyRay
Jul 10, 2006, 06:14 PM
thousands dizzy, thousands.
ps2 ftw

drkoolguy
Jul 10, 2006, 07:15 PM
PC FTW! Vent FTW! ps2 to pc controler adapter FTW! connecting pc to tv FTW!

Dang, i might as well just buy it for the ps2 meh?

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 07:23 PM
Xbox 360 FTW! (trying to be cool)

Hope it's linked. I know the whole voice-chat issue is something that will make the 360 version different from the others, but who cares? Why can't we just voice communicate with Xbox360 users only? If we want to talk to other people, then we text message them. We do that when people on the Xbox 360 don't have mics and there's no reason why we wouldn't do it for OTHER people who don't have mics. Geeze.

drkoolguy
Jul 10, 2006, 07:25 PM
Personaly, i don't know why 360 is going to be voice chatted. Why would you want to lissen to a buncha dorks running around the city screaming in the mic? Just get pc, some friends, and vent it together.

merrycherry9
Jul 10, 2006, 07:26 PM
ps2 for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

isahn80
Jul 10, 2006, 07:36 PM
On 2006-07-10 17:33, ShinMaruku wrote:
PS3 for this nigga.

Don't you mean "ninja?"

I'm getting it for the PS2 as well.

xFuZioN
Jul 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
I just can't understand why everyone is so anti-360.

Sev
Jul 10, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-07-10 18:07, xFuZioN wrote:
I just can't understand why everyone is so anti-360.

There's just something about open voice chat in an RPG that people don't like at this time. It makes it harder for some people to get into the role. Other then that, if you get Voice Chat you probably won't be connected to everyone else. That's not really anti-360, it's anti-microphone.

Carlo210
Jul 10, 2006, 08:19 PM
Voice chat is great with frinds. I'll mute it for the lobby's. Heck, why would you want to read a bunch of losers running around posting stuff like 'Meow Rawr loves you!'? What do you do in that case? You probably look away. I have this little switch that mutes annoying people. It's joyful!
Voicechat is annoying, though. When playing the BF2 demo, I find myself muting my mic. The only thing it's good for is talking to friends or cool/mature people who are willing to be strategic or, er... cool.
I still don't see why 360 users should be seperated form the rest of the psu players. Not all of the 360 players use their headset. I'd say 20%-30% of the people on BF2 (one example) actively use their mic.
It's not like we can't communicate to others the same way ps2 users can. They gotta buy a keyboard, and so do we.

I do like voicechat, though. Not sure if I prefer it, but it's convenient in the sense that it's not annoying with your friends. Sometimes you jsut don't want to hear people on voicechat or you don't want to listen to them clearing their throats etc. Nothing 'wrong' with voicechat, though. It's great.

EnixBelmont
Jul 10, 2006, 08:23 PM
If PS2 and PC are linked and you can login with the same account on both, then I'll get both. I'll get whichever two are linked, or just PC version, if it happens to be the one seperated(not likely) All of my friends are getting the PC version, so I need to be able to play with them. So I just voted PC.

Pure-chan
Jul 10, 2006, 10:12 PM
PC, PC, PC oh and, PC ftw. I like my PC more than the Xbox 360 and I wouldnt want to play PSU on PS2, in analog 480i. =/

Blitzkommando
Jul 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
Hmm, how many times has this poll been done now? Half a dozen at least. And, gee, the answer has been the same every single time and won't be changing this time around: PC.

Sevenfold
Jul 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
Could have sworn I just voted on this kind of poll yesterday.....

PC for me though.

Foxix
Jul 10, 2006, 10:17 PM
meh I was anti 360 when they announced the dual pricing point scheme but i cooled off until I saw the PS3 press conference... good lord I twiched once I saw the XBL rippoff combined with myspace... then nearly punched in my PC screen at the announcement of their "six degrees of movement" controller... lets just say I won't be buying a PS3 for a looooong time.

but I will be getting it for the PS2 after all its my fwend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

Saner
Jul 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-07-10 20:17, Foxix wrote:
meh I was anti 360 when they announced the dual pricing point scheme but i cooled off until I saw the PS3 press conference... good lord I twiched once I saw the XBL rippoff combined with myspace... then nearly punched in my PC screen at the announcement of their "six degrees of movement" controller... lets just say I won't be buying a PS3 for a looooong time.

but I will be getting it for the PS2 after all its my fwend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

grrrr you used 'fwend' and that fowl to mock me once more!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Foxix
Jul 10, 2006, 10:27 PM
actually I have no problem with "fwend" and... I think the http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif happens to be cute

Pyronin
Jul 10, 2006, 10:39 PM
I'll get it for the 360, even though I don't have a 360 yet. I don't own a ps2 and my PC is no where near as powerful enough to handle it. I planned on getting a few games for the 360 anyways so might as well get PSU also.

Kamiense
Jul 11, 2006, 12:15 AM
I'll be getting it for the PS2, since my computer isn't fast enough. Plus, I don't have an XBOX 360 to play it on.

ShadowTH1000
Jul 11, 2006, 12:21 AM
weee... PC for me!

ANIMEniac
Jul 11, 2006, 12:24 AM
ok time out what does RTW mean? oh and if the servers are all connected then 360, if separated then i will get 360 and PC

Blade21
Jul 11, 2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah. . . my pc is garbage, I don't want to buy a ps2 and an adapter and memory cards, (I don't trust the ps2, corrupted character anybody?).

I might as well buy the 360 and get it, voice chat is no problem for me, just mute or boot the bad people, plus you only play with kids that are nice anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xbox version with legit people was fun, I wanna do it again for the 360!

FlakariLeader
Jul 11, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-07-10 22:24, ANIMEniac wrote:
ok time out what does RTW mean? oh and if the servers are all connected then 360, if separated then i will get 360 and PC

I'm assuming that the R is a mistype and you're wondering about FTW because I don't see a RTW on the thread.

FTW means For the Win.

Sinue_v2
Jul 11, 2006, 02:42 AM
There's no option for multiple versions....

I voted for 360 since my PC isn't anywhere near something which could be considered remotely capable for the game. I don't care for the PS2's graphics, and I know it's going to absolutely kill the DVD drive in it... if it even plays games anymore by the time PSU comes out. However, I want the connectivity to the community - expecially if the 360 version isn't going to connect to them.

I primarily plan to buy the 360 version though - simply for access to Xbox live and my friend's list. I don't really care for voice chat, but I'll muddle through it. I like the controller much better, and I like the VGA out capabilities of the 360 which makes it work well with my game-room setup.

So PS2 and X360 for me...

Nisshoku
Jul 11, 2006, 08:54 AM
I've said this once, and I'll say it again: PC amd PS2. Provided they both lin to each other.

ShinMaruku
Jul 11, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-07-10 17:36, isahn80 wrote:

On 2006-07-10 17:33, ShinMaruku wrote:
PS3 for this nigga.

Don't you mean "ninja?"

I'm getting it for the PS2 as well.

I live in Jamaica Queens, I'm using the Venacular of the black man. XD
But yes, PS3 for me. Too much thing are going to be attempted. that and it's feature would be truly usefull for online match making as IU can brows here with it get info and move on to the game. Plus I'm gonna be abusing the system. XD

Vetsent
Jul 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-07-10 15:38, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
Defenitely PC. I don't have either other system anyway -_-.

Same here,but I don't care for the others anyways.

DizzyDi
Jul 11, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-07-11 08:59, ShinMaruku wrote:

You might wanna watch that. Stuff like that might not come off as funny or cute to people who actually are black.

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 03:20 PM
On 2006-07-11 12:53, DizzyDi wrote:

You might wanna watch that. Stuff like that might not come off as funny or cute to people who actually are black.

Er.. you mean people who are black who are offended by those kind of remarks. Not all black people are offended by it (usually depending on how it's used).

Carlo210
Jul 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
On 2006-07-11 06:54, Nisshoku wrote:
I've said this once, and I'll say it again: PC amd PS2. Provided they both lin to each other.

There shouldn't be any fear of them NOT getting linked.

VioletSkye
Jul 12, 2006, 01:00 PM
PC with Vetrilo server and PS2 controller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And I'm hoping for linkage all the way around. PC+PS2+XBOX 360 = FTW!!!!

MAGNUShunter
Jul 12, 2006, 08:15 PM
Can we get a sure link to some info on linkage?
What I mean is: Can you access the same account on two different platforms (if the platforms are linked of course)

Garroway
Jul 12, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure what the issues would be that might leave the xbox 360 on their own sets of servers. I know plenty of games aren't on microsoft servers (most EA games aren't for example) so that can't be it. I know the last bit of information that I seen was the interview saying that the 360 being seperate was still undecided. Voice features and Friend lists could be run through xbox live like FFXI (which is cross platform 360/ps2/pc) so it doesn't seem like that could be the deciding factor either. I hope it doesn't come down to microsoft wanting to make some content purchasable through microsoft points... I probably shouldn't even say such things lest they come true...

Sevenfold
Jul 12, 2006, 08:34 PM
/knock on wood

The-King
Jul 12, 2006, 08:41 PM
PS2 or PS3 for me, getting PS3 for free any way, same as PSU so its all good and one question? What does FTW stand for?

ShinMaruku
Jul 12, 2006, 09:04 PM
On 2006-07-11 12:53, DizzyDi wrote:

You see, I am black so they won't find too much contention from me saying it.

RedX
Jul 12, 2006, 09:24 PM
What does FTW stand for?

For the win

And i'm getting PC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oreic
Jul 13, 2006, 02:22 AM
360, because it is superior in almost every(have to pay 4 Xbox Live).

Foxix
Jul 16, 2006, 09:00 PM
well it's final I am getting the PS2 version. I just went yesterday and traded in my old PS2 for a new PSTwo. I did this because I didn't think my PS2 had much life in it left and I don't plan on getting a PS3. That and it comes network ready http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif , but aside from that, when I bought it at GameCrazy I went and put a reservation down on PSU W00!~

Kasuke
Jul 16, 2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, anti-microphone!
I really don't want to listen to annoying little kids brag about how they hacked everything in the game.

Carlo210
Jul 16, 2006, 09:19 PM
Kasuke. The kids who would brag about how they hacked the game are the same kids who would type about how they hacked the game. Sheesh. Mute them or just leav the game. I dunno aout yoyu, but reading fat textbubbles is quite annoying as well.

But, hey, I guess being anti-360/voicechat is fashionable. If you play with annoying people, they will annoy you whether you are using voicechat or text messaging.

MEGAHAWK21x
Jul 16, 2006, 11:40 PM
PC. higher resolutions and i can take it anywhere on my laptop.

Oji_Retta
Jul 16, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-07-16 19:19, Carlo210 wrote:
Kasuke. The kids who would brag about how they hacked the game are the same kids who would type about how they hacked the game. Sheesh. Mute them or just leav the game. I dunno aout yoyu, but reading fat textbubbles is quite annoying as well.

But, hey, I guess being anti-360/voicechat is fashionable. If you play with annoying people, they will annoy you whether you are using voicechat or text messaging.

I think a lot of people feel that it is easier to glaze over text than it is to ignore voices (unless you are zoned out or something or have intense concentration and can ignore everything except for what you want to hear). I mean there's a lot of text on the screen right now and I naturally don't pay attention to most of it. But with voices its a different story. If everything is at the same volume (unlike a lunchroom), it'll be hard for me.

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 01:05 AM
Well, sure, but that's one of the drawbacks to being able to talk instead of type. I see it as a pretty good tradeoff, myself.
Instead of typing to reply "Leo may be noisy, but at least" "he's a pretty good NPC fighter" you just 'say it.
I'm sure this example wasn't necessary.

AeraLure
Jul 17, 2006, 09:18 AM
On 2006-07-12 10:44, Carlo210 wrote:
There shouldn't be any fear of them NOT getting linked.

Why? Regions arent linked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I find it somewhat optimistic that the PS2 and XBox online systems would work together to link up, so then why would the PC link to anything? I truly hope they DO all link together. Its best for the community.

I voted PC like many. I see it as the easiest platform to upgrade, fun to play while multitasking, dont need to get a console online, etc etc.

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 10:18 AM
Aera, it is confirmed that the pc is linked to ps2. Where have you been? No one is assuming anything. Xbox 360 is also confirmed to e linked, but that choice has been going through some rethinking.

Garroway
Jul 17, 2006, 10:32 AM
I'm sure this debate is going to continue long after the game release so...

360 suits my play style. I could achieve more or less the same abilities on the computer but at considerable cost.... and I already have a 360 that does what I want. I'm not really worried about playing with friends since I don't really have any that play the PSO series. You can scream about the virtues of the PC/PS2 but your arguing points aren't important issues to me so it ends up sounding more like you're just trying to convince yourselves.

Instead of all of this speculation why don't we try doing something constructive. I'll be playing the 360 version. I'm typicaly online from midnight to 03:00 EST. If that time frame works out for you let me know, maybe we can get some groups planned out so we can hit the ground running.

Pseudo
Jul 17, 2006, 10:38 AM
I recently brought a ps2, im hoping to god i didnt waste my money, though i am playing Disgea at the moment ^_^ not a total loss.

AeraLure
Jul 17, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-07-17 08:18, Carlo210 wrote:
Aera, it is confirmed that the pc is linked to ps2. Where have you been? No one is assuming anything. Xbox 360 is also confirmed to e linked, but that choice has been going through some rethinking.

Lol, just got back here to these forums. PSU had seemed just too far off until recently. Sorry to have missed this confirmation, but I couldnt find it anywhere and speculation elsewhere hinted at the reverse.

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-07-17 08:32, Garroway wrote:
I'm sure this debate is going to continue long after the game release so...

360 suits my play style. I could achieve more or less the same abilities on the computer but at considerable cost.... and I already have a 360 that does what I want. I'm not really worried about playing with friends since I don't really have any that play the PSO series. You can scream about the virtues of the PC/PS2 but your arguing points aren't important issues to me so it ends up sounding more like you're just trying to convince yourselves.

Instead of all of this speculation why don't we try doing something constructive. I'll be playing the 360 version. I'm typicaly online from midnight to 03:00 EST. If that time frame works out for you let me know, maybe we can get some groups planned out so we can hit the ground running.

I'm easern time too, but during school months (sept to june), I don't think I'd be staying up until 3:00 am.