PDA

View Full Version : PSU opening theme Save This World, rewritten for online

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 11, 2006, 01:58 PM
While the PSU opening theme's lyrics are incredibly hokey, they're pretty fitting for the game's offline story. So I rewrote the song to use as the online game's opening...

(sung to the tune of Save This World)
Who said we are lost again in this noob-filled world
I say it's a normal thing
We're in the same ****
It's called online play!

It is not too late
It's our server don't say that it's fate
We must not give up to build our toons up on our dreams
We will often lie down and die
But we'll always come back to life
We all have some levels to gain
We know that's why we're here

We battle for phat loot
It is a battle against the mobs
I want my rares
You know what dungeon I'm repeating, so one more time!
We battle for E-X-P
It is a long-ass level grind
And when we get uber 1337 at level cap
we need to save this world!

It was a hard time
So many noobs and so not for nothing
To flame them is not a choice, they are asshats we must ignore
I cannot live with these jerks,
Even if I am by myself,
We all have some levels to gain,

We battle for phat loot,
it is a battle against the boss
I want my rares
But it is not freaking dropping them, so one more time!
We battle for E-X-P
It is a long-ass level grind
Though so many 1337s done this before me,
We need to save this world!

We will often down to die
But we'll always come back to life
We all have some levels to gain

We battle for phat loot
It is a battle against the mobs
I want my rares
You know what dungeon I'm repeating, so one more time!
We battle for E-X-P
it is a long ass level grind
And when we get uber 1337 at level cap
we need to save this world!

What do you think? ..too much timeon my hands? Well I thought of the words while trying to sleep, so there.

tank1
Jul 11, 2006, 02:00 PM
put it on a cd and send it to a record company cant be worse than the crap thats out now music wise plus it made me smile.

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 02:01 PM
I didn't bother reading it. I never find this kind of stuff funny - it's usually just predictable and, well... stupid.

Phat loot? E-X-P? I'm not trying to be mean, but it's just not my type of humor.

Don't let me kill the thread!

PS. Keep Rockin'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-11 12:02 ]</font>

Pyronin
Jul 11, 2006, 02:32 PM
It made me smile, I'd like someone actually fit this into the song. Make it your theme song for your character on PSU online.

Saner
Jul 11, 2006, 02:42 PM
lol well congradulations.

spending time doing this while waiting for PSU, time has passed and now we're closer to the release date than before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 02:43 PM
Actually it's not that bad. I mistook it for on of the more annoying 'fanatic' type songs about games.

Pure-chan
Jul 11, 2006, 02:45 PM
On 2006-07-11 12:01, Carlo210 wrote:
I didn't bother reading it. I never find this kind of stuff funny - it's usually just predictable and, well... stupid.

Phat loot? E-X-P? I'm not trying to be mean, but it's just not my type of humor.

Don't let me kill the thread!

PS. Keep Rockin'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-11 12:02 ]</font>

Eesh, kinda harsh. I thought it was a good effort. Does anyone know if that pso inspired garage band "Agito +15" (...I think?), is still around? Perhaps you could work something out.

Dahilia
Jul 11, 2006, 05:16 PM
On 2006-07-11 11:58, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
We're in the same ****
It's called online play!

! D:> !

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 11, 2006, 10:56 PM
Honestly it fits better for WoW, not PSU.

Carlo210
Jul 11, 2006, 11:01 PM
Referring to the real song "save this world", the singer is quite amateur-sounding (bad), but it's catchy as hell and the actual vocal tune is cool. The ''I'm not afraid of bleeding... it is the time'' part made me realize how catchy the song was.

Cheesy as hell, but good.

Falco0217
Jul 11, 2006, 11:13 PM
Honestly I like this remixed version of the song far more than the orginal.

SirenV
Jul 11, 2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah, the song is catchy. "Cheesy as hell, but good" is a good way to put it I guess. These modified lyrics however made me smile, personally, as I imagined them being sung XD. I mean it's not like they were meant to be "serious" in that regard, so I think they're a pretty clever shoe-in, lol.

"I cannot live with these jerks" XD.

Foxix
Jul 12, 2006, 01:25 AM
LOL! I laughed my carp off... but that might be because I was actually listening to the song as I read them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
heh "it is a long ass level grind" made me giggle.

oh if you wanna listen and read at the same time here is a youtube link I looked up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K69cUeOP_O8&search=phantasy

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 12, 2006, 05:38 AM
I did watch the above video while checking over the lyrics one last time before posting (and still missed a few spots), mentally altering the singer to replace the real lyrics with my own. I'm surprised at how well that worked.

On 2006-07-11 12:43, Carlo210 wrote:
Actually it's not that bad. I mistook it for on of the more annoying 'fanatic' type songs about games.

Fanatic type songs about games? What do you mean?

On 2006-07-11 20:56, Jonathan_F wrote:

Actually, I think it fits for pretty much any online game, much like how the original lyrics fit for more than a handful of offline RPGs and adventures.

Dahilia
Jul 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
On 2006-07-11 20:56, Jonathan_F wrote:

Quoted. For. Truth.
Seriously; heck, change rares to epic/purple or even legendary/red, throw some refrences to PVP rewards there, and it is SO true.