PDA

View Full Version : My PSU Blues.

Vetto
Jul 13, 2006, 11:15 PM
So I find myself fighting with myself over a slight Dilemma.

You See I am a large Phantasy Star fan, I don't have ties to the Sega versions. But was a PSO oldbie from the Dream Cast, and went from Dream cast to Xbox. I would of played BB but well at the time I was PSOed out from getting a hunter from level 1-118. None the less lets cut to the point.

I need Help.. You see I was hopein to fall back on the idea that the PC version of PSO connects to Xbox 360. From what I herd, that not going to happen.

Now here my Dilemma, one issue I hated about the xbox PSO was the flat out Favotrism the GC got in quest and such. But I've all ways played Phantasy Star with a controller, also the Xbox Mic did make things a tad Easier. Also the thought of having to wait LONGER for a game I Really want doesn't make me to happy.

So I fall onto my fellow Fanatics Help this poor Fox make up his mind any facts over both sides would GREATLY help me pick what I should do.

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 11:16 PM
PC is definitely worth it for more players, IMO.

But if tehy end up being linked, buy 360, no contest.

Vetto
Jul 13, 2006, 11:23 PM
Hmm more player does Add a plus, also havin the old pso DC feel of typin be nice.

EnixBelmont
Jul 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
You can type on either, and I recommend it over voice chat thanks to idiot 12 year olds swearing and using racial slurs like in Halo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The graphics will be equal on either, unless your PC isnt as good. The addition of voice-chat or many more players, which is more important to you? Both can use the 360 controller, so that doesnt matter either.

Oreic
Jul 14, 2006, 12:56 AM
Go for 360 fewer crashes.

Carlo210
Jul 14, 2006, 01:30 AM
Go with what will serve you best in the longrun. Do you play other games?

tank1
Jul 14, 2006, 06:04 AM
Yeah if you play more games on your pc use the pc but if you use your 360 more and your pc is clapped out and dieing stick with the 360.

parabolee
Jul 14, 2006, 07:40 AM
Well you can use a 360 controller on the PC. But I voted for 360, because I want you to play with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The more the merrier! (hopefully we will be linked with PC and PS2 anyway).

JAR
Jul 14, 2006, 09:29 AM
Even though I'll be playing it on PC, I kinda regret not buying a 360 instead of upgrading my comp, I'd get a 360 for PSU alone not to mention Blue Dragon and OMFG Bioware's Mass Effect!

Rubesahl
Jul 14, 2006, 09:41 AM
I think its a bit too early to say... I mean its not official that they won't be linked, if they are then I think voice chat will not be put in the game (like FFXI, though u can use those 4 one on one chats the system has >_>).

Anyways, it all depends really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif You can actually recreate most of the 360 features by buying a remote and a headset for PC lol still it may not be as straightforward and easy to get into. Plus with voice chat on PC its not like u get connected automatically when u start the game >_>; Anyways, if u have a good PC, get it for PC. If your PC isn't as good as the 360, get it for the 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kyuu
Jul 14, 2006, 10:06 AM
On 2006-07-14 07:41, Rubesahl wrote:

I think its a bit too early to say... I mean its not official that they won't be linked...

People really need to get this idea out of their head. It IS official: PC and PS2 are linked, 360 is on it's own. Takao Miyoshi made ONE statement saying the decision is not finalized, and since that interview there has been no word that their decision has changed, and it's less and less likely they will change their mind the closer we get to the game's release.

I'd recommend buying it for the PC, for the linkage and because the graphics on a computer monitor are always better than a console (because most monitors can still display higher resolutions than even the best HDTV). That assumes of course you have a computer that can run PSU decently, but with the $450 you'd spend on a 360, you can afford a good videocard and some extra RAM (if you need it) that will enable you run PSU with more than decent settings.

Of course, it's all up to personal choice, and there's nothing wrong with going with the 360. I'm going to be playing PSU with a 360 controller after all. >.>

zandra117
Jul 14, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-07-13 21:15, Vetto wrote:
Also the thought of having to wait LONGER for a game I Really want doesn't make me to happy.

I highly dought that the XBOX360 version of psu will be released later in the US and Europe. The japanese version of PSU 360 will be released later than the PS2 and PC japanese versions. All 3 versions should be released at the same time in the US and Europe because all they have to do is translate them.
They are all the same game so they shouldnt have to translate them all seperately.

Garroway
Jul 14, 2006, 12:38 PM
That Famitsu article said that European release for xbox 360 was in Novemeber. It seems unlikely that the US release will be pushed back farther than November. Of course anyting is possible.

As for the whole PS2/360/PC debate... there are too many factors to really make a good decision this far out. The bloody thing hasn't even been released yet. Information is very limited so we've been basing opinions on a handful of articles - and since the media is so accurate about everything else that gets reported on I'm sure we can trust that info. So why make your decision now.

If you're not importing you're going to have all the information you need to make an educated decision before the game is even available to you. I'm guessing that most of information we need to make a good decision will be available in 3-4 weeks. Why don't you ask us what you should do then. In the meantime I'll be available to make other decisions for you - such as what you should have for dinner tonight or what you should wear to work tomorrow.

Vetto
Jul 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
My Garroway you get any bitterer you might hurt my feeling.. not all of them just the one.

I was asking for INFO to make a decision not anyone to make it for me. Do please try to keep at least 2 steps behind what going on.

The poll just to see what people prefer.

hypersaxon
Jul 14, 2006, 03:24 PM
I'm going with 360 because my PC sucks and I don't own PS2. I don't really care too much if the servers are linked or not, most of the people I know online who plan on getting this are 360 gamers anyway. Plus voice chat is too irresistable.

Carlo210
Jul 14, 2006, 03:29 PM
I'll see you online, Saxon.

Eternal255
Jul 14, 2006, 07:20 PM
get it on the PC and buy a controller for it, if your main concern is the controller

Sphtker
Jul 14, 2006, 09:35 PM
i'm going with the 360 also, like hypersaxon said all the people that i want to play with will be on 360 also. my choice was buy a 360 or get a pc. hands down 360 is cheaper and will run more games i want to play anyways.

Carlo210
Jul 14, 2006, 09:53 PM
I'll see you online too then, Sphtker. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Vetto
Jul 14, 2006, 10:40 PM
With my choice was that easy, I have a PC that could easily run PSU, As well as a 360. Ether Way I tend to be loner so I have no one on ether side =/.

Carlo210
Jul 14, 2006, 11:04 PM
Vetto, I'll play with you. Not many of the people I know are into Phantasy Star (or at least I don't know they are).

360 360 rah rah rah

zandra117
Jul 15, 2006, 12:26 AM
Im gonna be on 360, the more people on 360 PSU the better. It doesnt matter to me if its the smaller community, It will probably still be pretty big.

voxie
Jul 15, 2006, 02:12 PM
I'm happily getting access to both, since I'm on PC and my bro's getting it for his 360. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Saner
Jul 15, 2006, 03:50 PM
you might as well go Xbox360. less technical problems.

Nuclearranger
Jul 15, 2006, 08:04 PM
If you want more quests / people get the PC version sorry but i think thats how things are going to turn out.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 15, 2006, 10:45 PM
On 2006-07-14 21:04, Carlo210 wrote:
Vetto, I'll play with you. Not many of the people I know are into Phantasy Star (or at least I don't know they are).

360 360 rah rah rah

I guess I could play with you guys too, that is if I can find you.

Zinsian
Jul 16, 2006, 09:44 PM
LoL. Yea id rather stick to 360. If you know alot of people who will be getting PSU for 360, then go for it. About 60% of the people on my friends list are getting PSU for the 360, so thats what im going for. BUT> if you dont. upgrade your comp quite a bit and get the PC version. But remember all the stuff you get on 360 though. not just PSU but other features. im not gonna list them cause then i would pretty much cause the whole thread to go off-topic so if you wanna check it go do your research.
EDIT___
By the way is anyone still playing PSO for Xbox and planning to get PSU for 360. If you are, send me a friend request. Gamertag is:: VSNx Vonc . I plan on making a 360 Community Member Database if anyone is interested in helping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinsian on 2006-07-16 19:46 ]</font>