PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Issues: Whatever happened to...

AzureBlaze
Jul 16, 2006, 08:27 PM
That interview that guy from that magazine said he was going to do with PSU creator?

I think the magazine was PLAY (a rather new one)but the dude came onto these forums and was asking us for questions that we wanted answered in his interview with the SonicTeam guy.

That topic is soooo long gone off the front page of here, but I swear they'd said "July Issue" for the magazine. And I've been all through that issue, and come up with nothing PSUish. Did they mean the August one that comes out maybe at the end of Jul. ? I'm sure someone remembers it, because nearly everyone had something to ask. It would be nice to see whatever happened to all our questions. Also, the board is starving for PSU news so it'd be a nice refresher to talk about.

So this topic isn't just a question...
-Newtype magazine has a PSU full page in it that talks about how great it will be this month.
-PSM is still quoting off october for the release date and has maintained that for at least 3 months.
-Other mags: generally call it "Social life destroyingly good"
-Did Espiokaos translate that famitsu page and I just can't find it?
-As it gets closer to release, I'd expect more (USA) magazines to have previews/reviews so I keep an eye on everything even though the internet tends to be first...you never know. Plus, it's always nice to see PSU content while you're out, even if it is just a rerun.

Dhylec
Jul 16, 2006, 08:33 PM
There was a revisit on the original topic by the OP to reveal some info on that interview.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=113653&forum=20&97

Kasuke
Jul 16, 2006, 08:36 PM
I think most of those questions have been answered by now anyway.

Kyuu
Jul 17, 2006, 12:14 AM
Not really. There has been a lot of speculation on these boards, and there are a lot of people who puff up and act like they know things they really don't, but not actual for sure answers.

I was actually wondering the same thing myself, as I went to the bookstore just to look at latest issue of Play to see if the interview was there, and there wasn't a whiff of PSU anywhere in the mag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-16 22:16 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Jul 17, 2006, 02:12 AM
Precicely, Kyuu.
Maybe Shidohi had a mix up, and its' really the Aug issue that's released in july, as sometimes they run ahead like that. I know my Sonic comics do.

Dhylec's post is helpful, as it creates a bridge to the old topic, and lets us know who to look for and what was originally said.

However, no one's seen Shidoshi since, and no dice for the magazine. I know PSOW publishes/summarizes most interviews it finds with developers. And something like this WILL have at least 1 thing to confirm or that we didn't know. It would be terrible odds for it not to with that much flung at him.

I guess there's nothing to do now but wait the Aug. issue and hope Shidoshi is not a fraud. It's good to know that we didn't miss it, and that we may have new content soon, just not knowing quite when.

shidoshi
Jul 18, 2006, 01:24 PM
Sorry if I was confusing, but yes, it was for the August issue which comes out in July. I just got my copy of the issue today, and if it isn't on stores shelves currently, it should be soon. (It has Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins on the cover.) Go pick up an issue and help me put food on my table, or be happy with me starving and just read the interview in the store. *heh*

The interview really didn't end up revealing too much, and a number of the questions I asked either were only half-answered or were completely ignored. I'll be putting the interview on our site if you just want to wait for that (and really, there isn't a huge amount of info that we ended up getting from it), which I'll probably do next week. Questions that were ignored were:

In PSO, players could get their Mag to take different forms depending on what items they were fed. Once they evolve to the form that can follow you around, can the Partner Machinery in PSU be customized in a similar manner? If so, will there be rare forms that can be obtained, like there were in PSO?

Many fans are wondering about the new Endurance stat, and what exactly it affects. The most popular guess is that it affects the rate of PP regeneration. Is that correct, or does that stat serve some other purpose?

Were there any major aspects that you wanted to include to the game that there won't be time for, either for the online or offline modes?

As far as the Xbox 360 version, has a decision been made yet concerning if it will be able to connect with the PS2 and PC versions? Will the game be playable via a Silver Xbox Live account, or will a full Gold account be required? Finally, will the Xbox 360 version be in full 720p resolution?

There was recently a beta test of PSU held in Japan. Were there any changes or additions made to the game based on the feedback that was received?

It may be a bit early to ask this, but will PSU have version updates released for it like PSO did?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shidoshi on 2006-07-18 11:26 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jul 18, 2006, 01:28 PM
Bastards. Those questions are the ones I wanted to see answered!

shidoshi
Jul 18, 2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I know. I was hoping to make the interview a more "technical" one instead of just the usual "what's your message with this game" and blah blah, but the end result wasn't much of that.

By the way, to continue with the PSU stuff, I should have an English version (at least I think it's the English version) in the next few days in order to do a preview of the offline mode. To be clear, that preview will then be in the September issue, which will be out in mid August. If anybody has any questions about the offline English version, just ask, and I'll see if I can answer them.

Oh, and Play has been around since 2002, by the way. *heh* And if you were ever a fan of GameFan, there's currently a number of ex-GF people working there (myself + five other guys).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shidoshi on 2006-07-18 11:34 ]</font>

Vetsent
Jul 18, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-07-18 11:32, shidoshi wrote:
Yeah, I know. I was hoping to make the interview a more "technical" one instead of just the usual "what's your message with this game" and blah blah, but the end result wasn't much of that.

By the way, to continue with the PSU stuff, I should have an English version (at least I think it's the English version) in the next few days in order to do a preview of the offline mode. To be clear, that preview will then be in the September issue, which will be out in mid August. If anybody has any questions about the offline English version, just ask, and I'll see if I can answer them.

Oh, and Play has been around since 2002, by the way. *heh* And if you were ever a fan of GameFan, there's currently a number of ex-GF people working there (myself + five other guys).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shidoshi on 2006-07-18 11:34 ]</font>

Maybe you should make a topic about questions for that too,like...

How does the camera work?

What do common items form previous PSO titles cost now(monomates and such)?

How do the animations of previous weapons frim PSO change in PSU(like more hits and different movements)?

What will some of the new equip units be called(like God/Arm,General/Mind,Knight Power,etc.) and how well will they increase specific stats?

How well does the new first-person mode operate?

What does NosuZonde look like and what are the names of those two light and dark attacks shown in screenshots?

Saner
Jul 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
the camera mode works like Beyond Good and Evil.

you can't move but you can manually aim and fire in that view mode.

Kyuu
Jul 18, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-07-18 12:44, Vetsent wrote:

Maybe you should make a topic about questions for that too,like...

How does the camera work?

What do common items form previous PSO titles cost now(monomates and such)?

How do the animations of previous weapons frim PSO change in PSU(like more hits and different movements)?

What will some of the new equip units be called(like God/Arm,General/Mind,Knight Power,etc.) and how well will they increase specific stats?

How well does the new first-person mode operate?

What does NosuZonde look like and what are the names of those two light and dark attacks shown in screenshots?

A lot of those questions we already know the answer to. Apparently you don't realize they released a closed beta which some people on this board played? Or that there are quite a few YouTube videos that answer those questions?

I believe you can find out how much monomates and such cost in the guide section of this site. Also, there is a listing of all known units (which work differently from how they did in PSO, and have a smiliar, but different naming scheme).

The new first person mode operates like... a stationary first-person mode. You use it to shoot at flying enemies, and to hit specific target zones (i.e. the wings on the Neudaiz boss). It's also a bit easier to aim at long range in first-person, since there's no longer any lock-on for ranged weapons.

You can see much of the new combo animations for weapons by viewing YouTube videos of the closed beta.

Edit: Actually, the information on units and the cost of items can actually be found at http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-18 15:30 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
One thing I'm curious about would be the official English spellings of the different locations in the preview disc you get as well as the ones for the enemies in those areas and the new items and techniques.
I wonder if this demo will be the same as the ones that were being displayed at E3 and the more recent SEGA expo in Paris? If so, you'll at least get to play through the Raphon Relics and Mizuraki Preserve.

Sappharad
Jul 19, 2006, 02:13 PM
If anybody has any questions about the offline English version, just ask, and I'll see if I can answer them.
In the event that your copy has language select, does it let you select between Amercian English and British English? If so, are there any noticable dialogue differences between the two?