PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live LSP

mitchm
Jul 17, 2006, 10:56 AM
was reading an article on xbox.com about chromehounds and i read something about a separate server (FREE) just for hosting this game. The thing is its from Sega i think, but even if its not, could they use this idea for PSU and have a separate server dedicated to it for free? since i have been hearing that the 360 will be by itself and not entagled with the PS2 and PC gamers, would we have our own FREE server? i dont have Chromehounds yet but will be getting it for sure. but do you think that the Xbox Live LSP (Live Server Proxy). here is the article where i read this and tell me what you think...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/chromehounds/20060612-segaunleasheschromehounds.htm

its about CH obviously but if they integrated that idea with PSU it would be free wouldnt it?

RFB
Jul 17, 2006, 11:32 AM
No.

They could use the same system for PSU I suppose, but regardless of what they do, it's up to SEGA to decide wether to set up or not a monthly fee for PSU.

And this is SEGA we're talking about. So get ready for the monthly fee.

hypersaxon
Jul 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
Chromehounds isn't an RPG, that's why it's free.

PSU is an RPG, that's why you have a monthly fee.

Why? Because PSU stores your data server side, Chromehounds saves your data on the hard drive. Saving data on servers costs money, therefore PSU has a monthly fee.

Kasuke
Jul 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
PSO didn't save server side, and it still had a monthly fee.

PhotonCat
Jul 17, 2006, 06:31 PM
It is because PSU will have updates and such, so you are paying the developers to keep up.

Chromehounds will not have any major updates and such(as far as I'm aware), so it is free.

-Crokar-
Jul 17, 2006, 07:09 PM
we pay them for psox yet it gets no updates

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I definitely don't like how ST is charging full price for PSOX users. I mean, it's greedy. They aren't spending their money on the xbox users, so why should they be paying? What psox users are getting is servers, so ST should charge them strictly for the servers.
Anyone think that PSOX users could be partially funding for psoBB servers and updates while getting nothing in return but servers?

Kasuke
Jul 17, 2006, 08:24 PM
I bet their all funding for PSU, and when it comes out, they'll just drop the rest of em. Probably why PSOGC servers have been down for two weeks.

A2K
Jul 17, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-07-17 16:04, hypersaxon wrote:
Chromehounds isn't an RPG, that's why it's free.

Chromehounds is free because FROM Software and Sega decided not to charge a fee. The final decision has nothing to do with genre (although certain trends can be observed from them, of course), but the decisions of developers and executives are what ultimately decide what happens.

(Although I'm pretty certain you still need an Xbox Live Gold account for Chromehounds anyway. No fees on top of that, though!)