PDA

View Full Version : Hmm.... Help me decide...

Kimil
Jul 19, 2006, 01:24 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-07-18 23:26 ]</font>

Ether
Jul 19, 2006, 01:32 AM
Sounds like you want to make a HUnewm but are worried about the stats, personally I say go for it. Looks are more important than stats in being happy with the character you choose. You wouldn't want to play a beast and be thinking how ugly he is the whole time would you?

hypersaxon
Jul 19, 2006, 01:36 AM
Just make one of each race and call it a day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Carlo210
Jul 19, 2006, 01:37 AM
Be HuNewm or Humar.
I'd be hucast, but you have a thing for psu's clothing. If I wanted to wear clothes, I'd be Humar, but you think they'll be common.
Let me tell you one thing, there is very little difference from humans to newmans to beasts. Newmans are humans with point ears. Beasts are humans with rugged long ears and a stubby nose.
Personally, I doubt looking like a newman hunter will differentiate yourself moreso than being a humar. You'll look the same as a human, minus the ears. If you think the ears are going to make yourself look unique compared to humars, then go ahead.

If you are thinking about the label (such as 'I'm a HuNewm'), I don't see why you should be. If you want to be human, go with that. If you want to be newman, go with that. Newmans are weaker and such, but a preference is a preference and we've seen them do just fine. Humans are n between beasts and newmans, but I' sure you know that already.

Kimil
Jul 19, 2006, 01:54 AM
Yah... I'd be sold on the Hunewm... if somewhere down the line, they could use Wands(Spells)

Carlo210
Jul 19, 2006, 01:57 AM
Doubt it, as it'd go against the system currently in place.

Kyuu
Jul 19, 2006, 03:08 AM
We don't know everything about how the system currently in place works, so it's not a possibility that can be dismissed. The only things we know for sure are how the demo worked up to level 30. The final release could change things up, and there could be new things that are revealed beyond level 30.

Also, saying HUmars are really common is harkening back to PSO. It's likely that HUmars will not be nearly so common in PSU, and if I had to guess I'd say HUcasts and HUbeasts (we still need a better way to shorthand hunter-beasts) will probably be the more common hunter choices.

But as Ether said, go for what appeals to you most. Put stats secondary (unless having the best stats are all that's important to you).

Carlo210
Jul 19, 2006, 03:34 AM
Well, stats do play a role. I mean, easts vs cast for a ranger. Beasts have 35 ATP and 33 ATA. Casts have 33ATP and 47 ATA. 2 less starting ATP for 14 more ATA makes the cast, well, superior. Beast rangers will be interesting, though.

Also, finding out if we can cast spells later on is pretty important. I mean, casts have miniscule magic capabilities in their hunter and ranger classes (even in their force classes).

tank1
Jul 19, 2006, 06:39 AM
Go for what you thinki looks best. Theres nothing worse than having to stare at a char you think is hideous eveytime you play a game.

PhotonCat
Jul 19, 2006, 02:47 PM
I don't see what your worried about. There is only FOUR different races, there's gonna be A LOT of each of them. No matter what you pick your still gonna be un-unique. And like someone else said, Humans, Newmans and Beasts are practically the same, with just different ears. Casts are the only things dramatically different from the rest.

Just pick whatever you can stand looking at for the rest of the game. Who cares about stats or what's "common", that doesn't matter in the end.