PDA

View Full Version : when does the ps2 beta start?

Alisha
Jul 19, 2006, 11:52 AM
i just wanna know so i can keep an eye on sites like youtube and the like for new videos.

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2006, 12:08 PM
"Early August" is the most specific release date I've seen anywhere concerning the PSU Premiere Disc.

Sinue_v2
Jul 19, 2006, 01:05 PM
That's cutting it a bit close to the JP release date isn't it? EU release is in November right?

parabolee
Jul 19, 2006, 03:15 PM
yeah that's what i was thinking, not giving themselves a lot of time to work them bugs out! Wonder if there will be a 360 beta.

Lyrise
Jul 19, 2006, 03:54 PM
Some of you have gotten this all wrong. This isn't even a beta, this is pretty much a demo disc, or as they put it, "Early Trial Version". Additionally, for those complaining why there isn't a PC version, just think about how easy it would be to leak the image to the public.

Saner
Jul 19, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-07-19 13:54, Lyrise wrote:
Some of you have gotten this all wrong. This isn't even a beta, this is pretty much a demo disc, or as they put it, "Early Trial Version".

Additionally, for those complaining why there isn't a PC version, just think about how easy it would be to leak the image to the public.

yup PS2 is more secure than PC! PC already got their beta anyways. the trial version is another great element of promoting the game! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

anyways the full version is being released next month, so don't worry we'll have lots of info and media around that time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-07-19 15:46 ]</font>

PhotonCat
Jul 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
Additionally, for those complaining why there isn't a PC version, just think about how easy it would be to leak the image to the public.

It's easy to do with a PS2 also.
Video Capture Card.

Ether
Jul 19, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-07-19 16:56, PhotonCat wrote:

Video Capture Card.

LOL

She was talking about a disc image, or ISO

RFB
Jul 19, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-07-19 17:01, Ether wrote:

On 2006-07-19 16:56, PhotonCat wrote:

Video Capture Card.

LOL

And since when is it hard to make an ISO out of a PS2 disc? o_O

Arthur5221
Jul 19, 2006, 07:22 PM
what the heck is a ISO? haha im dumb i know...

VioletSkye
Jul 19, 2006, 07:32 PM
An optical disk image (taking it's name from the ISO 9660 File System.)

Lyrise
Jul 19, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-07-19 17:14, RFB wrote:

And since when is it hard to make an ISO out of a PS2 disc? o_O

Pretty nigh impossible if you don't have the right tools (i.e. Some way to bypass FADE copy protect on your PS2 disc).

If you try to copy it like you do any other DVD, FADE kicks in and degrades parts of the image, so that when you do burn it, it's to the point of uselessness. (or a really shiny Coaster)

PhotonCat
Jul 19, 2006, 07:49 PM

oops, silly me.

Pretty nigh impossible if you don't have the right tools (i.e. Some way to bypass FADE copy protect on your PS2 disc).

It's not too hard, any PS2 game can be copied. If you know where to look, you can find any PS2 game for DL.
All it takes is one person to copy it and distribute it.
Copy protection doesn't work.

Lyrise
Jul 19, 2006, 08:21 PM
Shouldn't matter at this point anyway. Japanese people don't copy and release images( I'm not saying they don't know how, or won't copy them). That's left for the Chinese to do.

EnixBelmont
Jul 19, 2006, 08:39 PM
Pretty nigh impossible if you don't have the right tools? Are you kidding? Burning a PS2 disc is extremely simple. I have done it myself plenty of times. Its as simple as using a specific program, downloadable free on the internet, to burn and upload the ISO. Thats all. Not like it isn't easy to find, either, 30 seconds of googling will get you it. I believe it is legal, since it isn't meant entirely for PS2 back-ups, but I'm not positive so I won't post the name. To play it is a little different, you just need swap magic, which also lets you play imports.

As for downloading PS2 games, don't. I downloaded 1 game, Full metal alchemist Carnival(or something similar, supposed to be FMA fighting game in the vein of power stone) and not only did it not work correctly, it came with like 15 different spyware programs.

Lyrise
Jul 19, 2006, 09:15 PM
This is getting out of hand. I'm going to clarify this. To the common person, it will be nigh impossible. Most people will try to use any basic ISO creation program and dump the disc. This gets you an image alright. But if you try to burn it, you're going to find out what you burned isn't what you expected at all.

The-King
Jul 19, 2006, 10:00 PM
The Demo will come out in august then?

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2006, 10:14 PM
Right. Followed up a few weeks later by the Japanese release of the game.

Sinue_v2
Jul 19, 2006, 10:24 PM
I sure hope it gets leaked my way... my PS2 is already set up to play JP games when I imported the PS Generations remakes. I just don't have a DVD burner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 20, 2006, 01:21 AM
Though I'll look too lazy to look around by posting this, how do you get one of those demo discs?