PDA

View Full Version : 5 Party member slots to fill

Kimil
Jul 19, 2006, 09:07 PM
When you are playing PSU online, when it comes out, who will you mostly play with?
Random people?
Friends From town?
Friends online?
People on PSOW?
... Or Solo 24/7?

I'm going to try getting as many people from my town that I know to play this game online, plus I've never played with anyone from these forums online yet... ever, so That'd be nice too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-07-19 19:08 ]</font>

Willbo118
Jul 19, 2006, 09:21 PM
Who will I mostly play with? Probably Random people.
but RL friends and online friends will always have a slot over a random character.

hypersaxon
Jul 19, 2006, 09:22 PM
I'll be playing with my 2 online friends, maybe a friend from work who likes playing PC games a lot. Doesn't really matter who else is in the party, as long as we have fun lol

Garroway
Jul 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
Me and one other person from my office will be playing together. Xbox 360 version, probably midnight - 0:500 EST.

I really only started looking at this message board to find people to play with. I played EQOA and FFXI previously, and before that Hidden Worlds and Carrionfields MUDs. I had the most fun on Carrionfields, where roleplaying was pretty strictly enforced, then playing with a Roleplaying guild on EQOA. i was hoping to find a similiar group here, however, it seems that everybody else only wants to argue about voice chat vs. text chat, or my current favorite time sink: "is PSU an MMO?". I was actualy starting to think that maybe I should find a different game if these are the douchebags I'm going to have to play with but I shouldn't let a minority ruin the expierence before I even have it...

Kimil
Jul 19, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-07-19 19:36, Garroway wrote:
i was hoping to find a similiar group here, however, it seems that everybody else only wants to argue about voice chat vs. text chat, or my current favorite time sink: "is PSU an MMO?". I was actualy starting to think that maybe I should find a different game if these are the douchebags I'm going to have to play with but I shouldn't let a minority ruin the expierence before I even have it...

Don't worry about all that useless crap, it'll all pass once the game is released Those topics are just time wasters, like this one here that I made.

BoxyBrown
Jul 19, 2006, 09:58 PM
ill be playing with 3 other friends who will be getting this game and most likly random people to fill the other 2 slots or people from PSOW or Neoseeker because i go on there a lot.

Moo2u
Jul 19, 2006, 10:52 PM
All of the above man. The whole point of online games are to mix it up. I will, however, be glad to see me some psow peeps online again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mitchm
Jul 19, 2006, 11:18 PM
ill play with anyone that wants to play and not beg for "spare" weapons... i got that a lot of PSO when i played online. "do you have any spare weapons and rares i can have?" i was like not for you... i did give stuff away for free but not for beggars...

Carlo210
Jul 19, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-07-19 19:36, Garroway wrote:
Me and one other person from my office will be playing together. Xbox 360 version, probably midnight - 0:500 EST.

I really only started looking at this message board to find people to play with. I played EQOA and FFXI previously, and before that Hidden Worlds and Carrionfields MUDs. I had the most fun on Carrionfields, where roleplaying was pretty strictly enforced, then playing with a Roleplaying guild on EQOA. i was hoping to find a similiar group here, however, it seems that everybody else only wants to argue about voice chat vs. text chat, or my current favorite time sink: "is PSU an MMO?". I was actualy starting to think that maybe I should find a different game if these are the douchebags I'm going to have to play with but I shouldn't let a minority ruin the expierence before I even have it...

I'm here to find players to play with as well. I'm just passing time with useless talk.
Also, mods have closed Xbox 360 clan threads because they 'should' be in the team forum, but theres no point since no one who will play PSU will go there.

Garroway
Jul 20, 2006, 12:55 AM
I was under the impression that the team forum was for PSO teams. Maybe when the game gets released in Japan they can open up a PSU team board or something. I don't think PSU has a provision for 'teams' like PSO. I only use the term for lack of a better one.

When I played EQOA the RP guild I was part of existed beyond the game. The game was more of a medium to interact with. I'll dig up the old forum link sometime tomorrow and post it so you can see what I am talking about.

Saner
Jul 20, 2006, 01:06 AM
Random people who seem friendly enough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

The-King
Jul 20, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'll play with you when I'm not with my team, if you want, I'm gonna have a Human, named Yang Y. Probably carrying a Sword, or Saber, I'll get back to you on looks, but just PM me if you want to go explore some planets, I'll see if I'm up for it

F-o-x
Jul 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
I'll probably just hop around in random games like I used to in PSO. Although I do have a few buds I've met through previous versions that I'm looking forward to hooking up with.

Looking forward to playing with people from these boards too.

PJ
Jul 20, 2006, 11:35 AM
Gonna go half and half. I'm gonna play with my best friend (So, from town), and I'm gonna try to have my brother get the game aswell, maybe my girlfriend, then from the PSOW side (Although, them being from PSOW isn't why I'd want to play with them), Snickerman, Snickerman's brother hopefully? Nishoku (Spelt... right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif) and I guess a few more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The-King
Jul 20, 2006, 12:08 PM
Wouldn't you be playing with the URR, though?

chibiLegolas
Jul 20, 2006, 12:52 PM
On 2006-07-19 20:52, Moo2u wrote:
All of the above man. The whole point of online games are to mix it up. I will, however, be glad to see me some psow peeps online again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I second that. I'll try to see old friends, but with a new medium, I'd expect to jump around to find random peeps that's on regularly during the time I play. Variety is the spice of life and I'm looking forward to meeting all the dedicated players out there, for the good and the bad alike.

Aion_Clyuve
Jul 20, 2006, 01:32 PM
I'm gonna try and get my girlfriend into PSU when it comes out here, and if not I'll probably be stuck with playing with random people I meet. Or I'll play with people from here if I get the chance. Of course, since I only recently joined Psow I suppose that would be the same as playing with random people, but at least it would be random people I have a passing familiarity with.

Phaze37
Jul 20, 2006, 02:08 PM
This time around I might actually be able to convince some friends to go online with me. Back when I first started playing PSO Ep1&2 on gamecube, I was showing the game to a few friends, and they said that they thought the game looked cool and they were considering getting it themselves and joining me online.... But then someone called SSJ4Goku joined the game I was in and said "time for noobs to freeze" or something like that, then the game froze. I lost alot of decent items. My friends were disgusted. They made fun of me for years for "wasting my time and money on such a hacked game". If the cheating was kept under control I probably could have convinced a few of my gamer friends to play with me, but I dont blame them for not wanting to play a game where their hard-earned rares are constantly at risk of disapearing.

Since this game might actually not have rampant cheating, and the combos can go higher than 3 hits, I might be able to convince a few people I know who are bored of WoW to come play this instead.

Aside from my friends I'm hoping to meet up with a few of the cool people I met in Ep1&2, but most of the time I'll probably be playing with strangers and meeting new people.

Ujuji
Jul 20, 2006, 03:07 PM
I'm trying to get a few friends to buy and play the game, but i'll probably be playing mostly with random people. I'll prolly be doing the same thing I did, running around the lobby trying to meet nice people and making a group of people to play. But yea, I really hope they are persistant in trying to prevent cheating, I know its not gonna be as bad but still. I also was hoping to meet some people to play with in this forum too! ^_^

Diablohead
Jul 20, 2006, 03:45 PM
(first post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif)

Back on the DC days I made friends ingame, since it was basicly my first adventure + online game combined. I did have some friends who also played but I would only see them once a week if not at all.

I had great fun for months with the friends I did make though, being with the same sort of people from beginning to end of a game is realy nice. Of course there was more then 4 of us so multiple rooms use to be made.

I look foward to doing the exact same thing with psu, but this time with a few more internet friends in the mix, as back when pso was out the DC was my first online hardware.

butzopower
Jul 20, 2006, 07:16 PM
I can't imagine this party system making it as easy to play with random people as was PSO's system. I kinda wish I could just join a game, and didn't have to ask to join a party. What if people don't like my class? Or think my level is one or two low... Lameness.

Carlo210
Jul 20, 2006, 07:49 PM
I'm gonna try and sort (or become part of) a team a team of people who play on the 360.
Not a strict team (clan) or anything, jsut a bunch of people who play together.

-memoru-
Jul 20, 2006, 10:19 PM
i'll be playing with whoever wants to play with me. ;x

Kyuu
Jul 20, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-07-20 17:16, butzopower wrote:
I can't imagine this party system making it as easy to play with random people as was PSO's system. I kinda wish I could just join a game, and didn't have to ask to join a party. What if people don't like my class? Or think my level is one or two low... Lameness.

I'm pretty sure you can just join a game/mission, and you're automatically put into that party (if there's room of course). Still, there is that pesky problem of the leader being able to boot you at will. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-20 21:02 ]</font>

Saner
Jul 20, 2006, 11:05 PM
On 2006-07-20 21:02, Kyuu wrote:

On 2006-07-20 17:16, butzopower wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can just join a game/mission, and you're automatically put into that party (if there's room of course). Still, there is that pesky problem of the leader being able to boot you at will. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-20 21:02 ]</font>

well if they boot you unfairly, you can blacklist them back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Carlo210
Jul 21, 2006, 12:18 AM
Blacklisting won't make much of a difference. It doesn't on any online system. All it does is make the chance that you'll encounter the person even RARER than normal.
Heck, sometimes I avoid blacklisting because, if I happen to play with that person again, maybe they'll be nice. Who knows.
Anyways, that's why I prefer NOT playing with random people all the time and settling with a handful of reliable, nice, cool people.
Anyone up to play with me on the 360? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garroway
Jul 21, 2006, 01:34 AM
Here is that link to the message board I said I'd dig up. It's defunct now but a year ago it made an otherwise lame game pretty fun.

http://rpaforum.proboards28.com/index.cgi

DoctorShasta
Jul 21, 2006, 02:19 AM
I'll be playing with any friends I meet on here so anyone wants to play with me my AIM sn is in my profile http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pheromone
Jul 21, 2006, 07:04 AM
On 2006-07-19 19:07, Kimil wrote:
When you are playing PSU online, when it comes out, who will you mostly play with?
Random people?
Friends From town?
Friends online?
People on PSOW?
... Or Solo 24/7?

I'm going to try getting as many people from my town that I know to play this game online, plus I've never played with anyone from these forums online yet... ever, so That'd be nice too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-07-19 19:08 ]</font>

options 1 and 3

Carsten84
Jul 27, 2006, 12:35 PM
I will be most likely playing with random people. I had a couple friends who played PSO DC with me back in the day but one is now hardcore World of Warcraft and the other is hardcore Final Fantasy XI. Needless to say, I don't expect them to be converting anytime soon. Should still be a lot of fun though!

AeraLure
Jul 27, 2006, 12:41 PM
Mostly random people I meet online, and certainly anyone from here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DC all the ay through GC I had a core group of people I met online on JP servers and we stayed together all the way through for the most part. Anytime I couldnt find any of them online of course I hung out in lobbies until I met people who seemed like they'd be fun to play with, or when I saw someone who most obviously needed help or a teammate. These players have all since moved on and I havent seen them in some time, so I am mostly starting from scratch again. I may recruit one as-of-now unsuspecting RL friend into the game by making it a birthday present haha.

Abaru-FP
Jul 27, 2006, 02:30 PM
Probly a mix of random people and online friends most of the time. I know 5 (convenient!) devoted PSO fans who plan to get PSU, but the odds of them regularly being on at the same time is small. I'm hoping that I can fill any blank spots with some people I meet here.

Nisshoku
Jul 27, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-07-20 09:35, PJ wrote:
Gonna go half and half. I'm gonna play with my best friend (So, from town), and I'm gonna try to have my brother get the game aswell, maybe my girlfriend, then from the PSOW side (Although, them being from PSOW isn't why I'd want to play with them), Snickerman, Snickerman's brother hopefully? Nishoku (Spelt... right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif) and I guess a few more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nisshoku, but close enough, PJ. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As for who I'll join up with? Probably close friends from PSOW (You know who you are...), as well as a group of friends that I've been around since just before I had PSO for the DC. XD

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 06:27 PM
the PSO and board veterans are only a faction of the people who will play this online, so there is gonna be countless new people never met before! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

so ya partying with them will be fun fun too (well most of them).

Phaze37
Jul 27, 2006, 06:51 PM
there is that pesky problem of the leader being able to boot you at will. >.>

I'm very worried about this feature. In every online game I've ever played that has this feature, it gets horribly abused. Has anyone here tried playing any of the tony hawk games online? From my experience, noone ever bothers creating a password for their game. Instead, they'll create an open game for their group/clan/whatever, and simply boot anyone else who tries to join. It's really annoying spending 10 minutes trying to find a game that doesn't boot you. PSU has the potential to be far worse than THPS with this feature. Imagine joining a game and playing for a while, unaware of the fact that the leader has set the item distribution to make rare items fall on the ground like in PSO instead of being given to a random player. So, an awesome rare drops, and you're the closest player to it, so you start running towards it, only to get booted right before you pick it up, along with all of the other players except for the leader, who keeps it for himself. I can see this becoming a very widespread problem for PSU unless sonic team implements something into the game to prevent it from happening. And I doubt they will.

AeraLure
Jul 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
I'm very worried about this feature. In every online game I've ever played that has this feature, it gets horribly abused. Has anyone here tried playing any of the tony hawk games online? From my experience, noone ever bothers creating a password for their game. Instead, they'll create an open game for their group/clan/whatever, and simply boot anyone else who tries to join. It's really annoying spending 10 minutes trying to find a game that doesn't boot you. PSU has the potential to be far worse than THPS with this feature. Imagine joining a game and playing for a while, unaware of the fact that the leader has set the item distribution to make rare items fall on the ground like in PSO instead of being given to a random player. So, an awesome rare drops, and you're the closest player to it, so you start running towards it, only to get booted right before you pick it up, along with all of the other players except for the leader, who keeps it for himself. I can see this becoming a very widespread problem for PSU unless sonic team implements something into the game to prevent it from happening. And I doubt they will.

Has its pros and cons, but I agree I do see issues with it too.

I intend to play with random people and make friends online as I have in the past, weeding out those maybe I would not wish to party with again from those I would. I'd do this when I am open to meeting new people, which is pretty much always. I'm really easy going. Those times I wish to be more ensured of good gaming though I would revert to a friends list of most anyone from PSOW and others I have played with previously.

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-07-27 16:51, Phaze37 wrote:

there is that pesky problem of the leader being able to boot you at will. >.>

the solution is to blacklist those that betray people like that. and let your friends know about those people so they can avoid them.

this narrows down the good people from the bad to a better extent.

and there are two sides to every coin, so there are people who may be like that, and there are a lot of people who would not abuse the booting system,

so there is plenty of potential of joining honest leaders that won't boot unfairly.

so therefore keep your friends and new friends close and just keep record of the bad corrupt leaders and you'll still have a good time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/hotdog.gif
besides the other option is to be a leader more often yourself. There is bound to be many who would join. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FlakariLeader
Jul 27, 2006, 07:29 PM
Random people, unless my friends are on.

Phaze37
Jul 27, 2006, 07:40 PM
besides the other option is to be a leader more often yourself. There is bound to be many who would join.

The other reason I quit blue burst, aside from the exp loss, is the fact that noone ever joined my games. I even had this problem to some extent back on the gamecube version when it was relatively popular. On the dreamcast it wasn't a problem but back then PSO had a large playerbase, because it was new, cool, and free. PSO simply doesn't have many people playing, and PSU will be no different. Honestly, very few people give a **** about PSU, and we'll be lucky if the online community has enough people for it to be worthwhile for sonic team to support the game. How many people are posting on this message board? Not very many. This should give an idea of how popular PSU will be. It won't. Therefor I'll be stuck joining games created by other people and it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about the team leader having too much power to potentially abuse.

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 08:25 PM
well uh GC has the smallest online community ever on a system. online is the last thing on most GC owners minds. if ever. also Blue Burst is basically a rehash of the aged PSO formula.

while PSU is something much more new and polished.

and PC, well a lot of PC games compete with each other, shooters, RPGs, etc. so PC gamers have a lot on their minds what to play online, since no system's online gaming use is as populated as PC. so some may play Blue Burst, and then move on to other things since they played PSO before, all the PSOs are very similiar to each other, so mere upgrades don't hold people's attention for long. unless it's something totally improved and a new universe like PSU.

and what system are you playing PSU on?

times change, besides counting the PSO veterans plus the PSU newcomers, the community may be pretty healthy, especially with the ability to jump servers and keep friends list and more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 08:44 PM
How many people are posting on this message board? Not very many. This should give an idea of how popular PSU will be.

that's not true. this board doesnt have many people because many are too lazy and cheap to make an account that requires a domain email of some kind (instead of ones like yahoo, hotmail, etc. etc.)

if this board was open to all email accounts, you'd see much more people on here.

besides, boards are not even a fraction of people who would play the game online.

since Sega is starting over fresh with their online rpg franchise
and choosing better systems to release it on instead of a-system-that-didn't-care-about-promoting-online-play (points at Nintendo Gamecube),
PSU will be huge just like PSO DC was back in the day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Chiba-kun
Jul 27, 2006, 09:09 PM
Aye, im with saner on that. Is a stretch to try and say the number of people posting here is representative of how many will play. Im sure there are plenty who would play that may not even know of this site, aswell as ones who just dont want to register cause they are lazy.

Btw im using hotmail saner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Saner
Jul 28, 2006, 01:16 AM
wwhaaaat?! wow. um I guess some work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Carlo210
Jul 28, 2006, 01:18 AM
I'm using gmail.

One of Saner's points were wrong! Nah nah nahnah Nah Nah!

Saner
Jul 28, 2006, 01:21 AM
what in the world is gmail? is that lycos affiliate?

Carlo210
Jul 28, 2006, 01:25 AM
Google... aka the largest and fastest growing internet organization.

Y..you know... Most used internet search engine..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-27 23:26 ]</font>

Chiba-kun
Jul 28, 2006, 01:46 AM
I got a gmail account but i dont really use it, didnt like it much, seemed like a wannabe hotmail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Killuminati
Jul 28, 2006, 02:38 AM
On 2006-07-27 18:44, Saner wrote:

How many people are posting on this message board? Not very many. This should give an idea of how popular PSU will be.

that's not true. this board doesnt have many people because many are too lazy and cheap to make an account that requires a domain email of some kind (instead of ones like yahoo, hotmail, etc. etc.)

if this board was open to all email accounts, you'd see much more people on here.

besides, boards are not even a fraction of people who would play the game online.

since Sega is starting over fresh with their online rpg franchise
and choosing better systems to release it on instead of a-system-that-didn't-care-about-promoting-online-play (points at Nintendo Gamecube),
PSU will be huge just like PSO DC was back in the day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I used a yahoo account to register here.

peenk
Jul 28, 2006, 09:36 AM
None of my RLF play this game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
But from my experience on PSO v1 and GC PSO, its not hard to find good people.
How about this:
Some people post a lot in here, and if you find a person whose openion/post is same as yours most of the time, then you can team up in PSU.
PSO-World.com is a great community, why not extend it to PSU.

AeraLure
Jul 28, 2006, 09:40 AM
On 2006-07-28 07:36, peenk wrote:
PSO-World.com is a great community, why not extend it to PSU.

I think we plan to. At least, that is my hope as well.

Kano-Okami
Jul 28, 2006, 10:02 AM
I usually quest with random people until I find some players who match my personality, that I can relate with.
Its what I've been doing, and seems to work.
(or tag along with the high levels/babysitters as a newbie, D: )