PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the reaction/emotions of offline mod

Ifrian
Jul 20, 2006, 08:15 PM
I was watching all the videos of psu , and most of them feature a lot of offline mode scenes, and i did notice that characters move in a very irreal and slow way.
For example , in some videos , we see ethan sister being showered by a rain of rocks and broken stuff that fall from somewhere, ethan , barely moves and just yells in some weird voice her name.

In a lot of other sequences, characters look like moving in some slow motion/weird way.

Also how the characters lips move in some sequences, seems like the voice goes a lot faster than their mouths.

Basically what i noticed is that the offline mode sequences seem to happen in slow motion...
WHat do u think about?

Kupi
Jul 20, 2006, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the anime style?

CherryLunar
Jul 20, 2006, 09:04 PM
The scenes werent catered to any language but Japanese. Even then, it doesnt match up sometimes.

A2K
Jul 20, 2006, 09:22 PM
Basically, the mouth flapping is timed to the Japanese dialogue and not the English. Sonic Team has to do some adjustments so that they match.

Ether
Jul 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
Ingame cinemas always look like crap. Its even worse in games where the characters speak but their mouths dont move at all

DoctorShasta
Jul 20, 2006, 10:15 PM
I don't really care about that stuff that much I'm mainly concerned about the Online but of course I'll play the offline mode first.

Kyuu
Jul 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
I don't see what the fuss is about. You're watching low-quality videos with poor framerates and crappy resolutions 99% of the time, so you have to take that into account.

Saner
Jul 20, 2006, 10:59 PM
look at PSOne Metal Gear Solid's real-time cutscenes (not even moving mouths). and even now its cutscenes are memorable favorites by many.

the production value for PSU's cutscenes are well beyond anything Phantasy Star ever had before. so that is an IMPROVEMENT in itself.

I don't even mind PSI-IV's cutscenes having still images displaying a cutscene. it's still wonderful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kyuu
Jul 20, 2006, 11:00 PM
Aye, PSIV had great cutscenes. ^_^

turtle323
Jul 21, 2006, 12:57 AM
Wat systeam is PSIV on

Kyuu
Jul 21, 2006, 02:23 AM
Why the good ol' Genesis, of course. ^_^

Sev
Jul 21, 2006, 06:41 PM
I liked Espisode 3's cutscenes since they reminded my of PSVI's. I still think those are some of the best cut scene designs. God... I wanna play PSIV now, look what youv'e done!? Take responsiblity and go find me a Genesis so I don't have to get a Rom/Spyware.

Fleece
Jul 21, 2006, 07:28 PM
OH COME ON MGS1 HAD CUTSCENE ANIMATION!!!!

......they nodded they're heads.

Kyuu
Jul 21, 2006, 09:09 PM
Ah yes, I forgot about the PSO Ep3 cutscenes. The comic-style was great and really well done. Wish more developers would try things like that.