PDA

View Full Version : Release Date

TwinBlade
Jul 21, 2006, 03:30 PM
I have been looking around in different magazines and websites and every place has a different release date posted. Some like ign and ebgames have October 2006. Others like Official Xbox Magazine says Spring 2007 so which is it 06 or 07? Oh and does PSU still have mags? Lastly if u have xbox live and get PSU can u go on immediately or do u first have to register for a license and stuff? I know this post has a lot of questions but i didn't feel like making a bunch of different topics or new posts.

Lyrise
Jul 21, 2006, 03:40 PM
1. Those different release dates reflect the different versions that are coming out. The October listing you heard about is for PS2/PC, the Spring 2k7 is for the x360.

2. There are no mags in PSU, but there will be Partner Machines (PMs) which are like mags, but different as well.

3. You're most likely going to have to pay a separate fee for Online play.

NightHour13
Jul 21, 2006, 03:43 PM
TwinBlade...Please check the forums for this before you post about it. I can't tell you how many threads are about release dates, mags, how to go online as far as hunter licenses go's and all sorts of stuff.

As your neighborhood demon king, im giving you a warning before everyone in this forum attacks you lol.

The release date aint final no matter what people say, but everyones strongly suggesting october 2006.

Mags are not here any more, their replaced by Partner Machineries. Look up threads on them and you'll
know all about them

I believe you need an Xbox live account to play online AND offline, but theres been some controversy over this, but look into it yourself and you should find some good ideas.

DoctorShasta
Jul 21, 2006, 09:46 PM
Wait, your telling me the 360 version isn't coming out til spring 2007? >_>

PALRAPPYS
Jul 21, 2006, 09:48 PM
WHAT? No, not Spring 2007. That's got to be incorrect. They wouldn't have THAT much of a difference.

DoctorShasta
Jul 21, 2006, 10:02 PM
I'm with you there's no way they would do that otherwise they would lose a shitload of the 360 player base cuz its gonna be seperated from the ps2 and pc servers and its coming out like half a year later.

Carlo210
Jul 21, 2006, 10:16 PM
That's pathetic. The 360 version is the PC version with seperated servers. What's the holdup?
It's coming out at MOST 2 months after the pc release. Hopefully. Or else SONIC TEAM just likes to shoot themselves in the foot and fuck their fans over.

Lyrise
Jul 21, 2006, 10:21 PM
Remember, X360s aren't exactly like PCs. Obviously, they have to recode to optimize for the 360 itself. That and the fact that the 360 itself has a horrible userbase in Japan. This allows Sonic Team to put it on the backburner since like any business, money needs to made, and that isn't going to come from PSU360. In fact, be grateful that its even coming out for the 360 in the first place.

Carlo210
Jul 21, 2006, 10:31 PM
Right. I'm supposed to kiss ST's ass because they're 'nice' enough to release PSU on the Xbox 360. We would be ungrateful if they didn't ebcause PSO was on Xbox.
Heck, PS2 users should be grateful that ST is addng the playstation line to the supported PS platforms, jsut as Xbox1 was grateful about PSO.
By the way, ST should expect shitty sales out of PSU360 if they put forth such a sloppy attitude towards it.
I'm not really saying ps2 users should be grateful, because they have a large userbase and whatnot, but it isn't like XBOX was OUT of the PS loop to begin with. If anything, people expected PSU to be on Xbox 360 (as well as wii).

Excuse my typos and language. I'd be even more pissed if this pathetic release date is true and ST proves themselves to be a jackassery of a developing company.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-21 20:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-21 20:38 ]</font>

-memoru-
Jul 21, 2006, 10:36 PM
Excuse my typos and language. I'd be even more pissed if this pathetic release date is true and ST proves themselves to be the money-hungry sort of developer that we ALL hate.

>_> isn't that most developers?
And, if they were that money hungry, they would just release for all the systems it no matter what the state it was. Like with the previous installations with the hackers and such. They put it out on the market so fast that they didn't bother checking it or debugging it. I dunno about BB, haven't played it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -memoru- on 2006-07-21 20:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -memoru- on 2006-07-21 20:39 ]</font>

Carlo210
Jul 21, 2006, 10:38 PM
Fine, I'll take that little comment out since some of you will have trouble understanding it.

-memoru-
Jul 21, 2006, 10:41 PM
lol, that's better. xD

Jackassery XD

Carlo210
Jul 21, 2006, 10:42 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Anyways, I'm very very angry right now.
Also, if PSU requires you to have Xbox Live GOLD AND a hunters license, I just won't buy the game. That is utterly pathetic and offensive support from ST and I won't contribute towards their profit.

Cruisectrl
Jul 21, 2006, 11:24 PM
everyone here clearly has a pc... play it on ur pc

Garroway
Jul 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
I keep seeing spring 07 on this site but whenever I go searching for information I always come up with Autumn 06. I don't think anyone knows for sure to be honest with you. It's also pretty safe to assume that the xbox 360 will be on a seperate set of servers, but again, all of the information I can find about the issue is prior to infamous interview that alluded to the fact that the seperation might not be set in stone yet...

There just isn't any good information about these details so the bottom line is we're just going to have to wait and see.

JAR
Jul 21, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-07-21 21:24, Cruisectrl wrote:
everyone here clearly has a pc... play it on ur pc

If only it were that simple! I myself am using my pc but in retrospect I would much rather have bought a 360 seeing as the equivalent video card(to the 360's graphics ability), would cost almost as much as the console itself.

Kyuu
Jul 21, 2006, 11:42 PM
On 2006-07-21 20:42, Carlo210 wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Anyways, I'm very very angry right now.
Also, if PSU requires you to have Xbox Live GOLD AND a hunters license, I just won't buy the game. That is utterly pathetic and offensive support from ST and I won't contribute towards their profit.

If PSU requires a Gold subscription, that would be Microsoft's decision, not Sega's. Sega wouldn't be seeing any of that subscription money if they were charging their own Guardian's License fee in addition. And IF the late 360 is true, it's probably for the aforementioned reason that the 360 has practically no userbase in Japan and so it's kind of an afterthought.

And yeah, you should feel rather lucky that Sega is developing it for anything other than the PS2. Sega has never been big on developing for the PC, so I feel pretty lucky they're making PSU for my choice gaming machine. Most of their profit is going to come from the PS2 version. And yeah I know, blah blah blah, Sega shouldn't only care about profit, blah blah. Welcome to the world of corporations.

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 12:49 AM
I'm angry and I damn well should be.

I still stand strong on my point. If this game requires me to pay 6 bucks a month plus 10 bucks a month, I will not buy this game. I would also find it utterly pathetic if this game is released spring 2007.
I'd have to find another game to play online. Simple.
Also, don't fucking tell me to get a pc. My pc is p3 650mhz, 256mb ram, and 8mb videocard. And don't tell me I should've upgraded by now because:
1. This pc cost me 69 bucks.
2. This pc does everything I want to do on it at the moment.
3. My den pc, a 3.0ghz celeron 512mb ram onboard graphics, is not mine to upgrade, nor is it mine to play games on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-21 22:55 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jul 22, 2006, 04:36 AM
... I didn't say get a PC. Kindly point out where I suggested that. o_0 I made the comment that I consider it lucky that they're making PSU for the PC, so I didn't have to go and waste 100 bucks to play it on the PS2 (I wouldn't spend $400 on a 360 even if I had that much money to spare).

And be as angry as you please, just go find a pillow to maul or something. Again, it wouldn't be Sega's fault if you had to pay for a Gold subscription. They have no real control over what Microsoft does with their Live service. But since I consider it a 99.9% chance that you'll just need the free Silver subscription, it's a moot point anyway.

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 11:55 AM
I was aiming the pc comment to cruise ctrl. Sorry about that.
Anywho, forget what I said. I'd be angry at both MS and ST if I needed to buy a gold subscription and a hunter's license.
Anywho, if Xbox 360 gets the same tratment PSOX had, I don't even see why Xbox 360 users should be paying full-monthly-price for their hunters license. ST was obviously spending barely any of their resources or cash on PSOX.

DoctorShasta
Jul 22, 2006, 11:59 AM
Carlo I feel you I have a kick ass computer but I can't play games on it only my crappy one so I'm screwed as far as PC goes. I was considering getting it for 360 because I NEED voice chat but now thats not gonna happen if this release is true so that leaves ps2 which I was going to get originally but like I mentioned I really want that voice chat, which I don't understand why it doesn't support doesn't ps2 have headsets?

TwinBlade
Jul 22, 2006, 12:10 PM
On 2006-07-21 21:25, Garroway wrote:
I keep seeing spring 07 on this site but whenever I go searching for information I always come up with Autumn 06. I don't think anyone knows for sure to be honest with you. It's also pretty safe to assume that the xbox 360 will be on a seperate set of servers, but again, all of the information I can find about the issue is prior to infamous interview that alluded to the fact that the seperation might not be set in stone yet...

There just isn't any good information about these details so the bottom line is we're just going to have to wait and see.

All the websites say October 2006 but all the magazines like Official Xbox Magazine say Spring 2007.

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 12:10 PM
I am absolutely serious, though. I'm not paying 15$ a month to play PSU online on a platform that ST is going to fuck over like they did with PSO. I'm also not buying a pc that can run PSU for myself because, the absolute CHEAPEST it would be (100$ amd 2800+ cpu, 80$ 7200 512mb videocard, 60$ hdd, 30$ dvd, 30$ case, 30$ powersource, 100$ 1gb ram, 80$ mobo, and other stuff) is around 500-550 bucks.
I'm stuck in the dark.
By the way, don't try to tell me to buy a ps2.

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
XboxTeam says october 2006, but maybe they got confused with the release date of PSU on the platforms that ST will actually support.

Cruisectrl
Jul 22, 2006, 11:36 PM
maybe you'll all get lucky! Maybe its just a typo from one person that started a chain of events leading to all this inaccurate confusion! yay that would be cool

Saner
Jul 23, 2006, 01:07 AM
On 2006-07-22 10:10, Carlo210 wrote:
I am absolutely serious, though. I'm not paying 15$

whoever said 15 a month? the fee will be cheaper than FF11's fee.

it will be like 12 dollars the first month and 9 or 10 every month after that.

and that gives 3 extra characters slots at no extra cost.

Carlo210
Jul 23, 2006, 08:44 AM
Saner. I'm talking about if I'm forced to pay for XBLGold and the hunters license.

Fleece
Jul 23, 2006, 09:17 AM
Two things Carlo :

1. For that pc you were ripped, I build machines that spec for a charity and we hand them out to poor families for free.

2. Get a fucking job you cheap skate angry kid, I work my ass off all week for what be the equivalent of 6 american dollars a day.

Carlo210
Jul 23, 2006, 09:26 AM
Fuck of fleece. Seriously. First of all, don't insult me buy telling me that a pc I'd get is shitty enough for poor people.
Second of all, I have a fucking job and I'm not am 'angry skater kid'. I'm sorry if I've done anything to insult you personally, and I'm also sorry I don't put up with everything.

By the way, since when am I cheap? If I don't have 500$ to throw around for pcs that are, according to obnoxious self-superiority freaks, shitty enough for poor people to get for free - why should I want to get one?
Also, I can't believe how ignorant you are. You insult me, first of all, by telling me you hand out pcs of that calibur for free to poor folks (which you don't). Then you tell me that I'm an agry cheap 'skater' kid or whatnot and that I don't have a job.
Have some fucking respect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-23 07:30 ]</font>

Ryna
Jul 23, 2006, 09:48 AM
To Fleece and Carlos:
Both of you are receiving verbal warnings for flaming one another and going off-topic. Chill out and keep things more civil in the future.

I am going to lock this thread since the OP's question seems to have been addressed.

Fleece
Jul 23, 2006, 09:48 AM
1. Yes i do work for a charity so I fix and repair old computers and send them out to poorer families who cant afford them or dont want to spend all their money in PC World, I wasn't insulting you its what I do during the week.

2. YOU were moaning about having to pay 8 dollars a month to play online, THAT is why i called you cheap.

3. Where do you get off tellin' me to have respect, You came on here mouthing off your opinion for a good few posts, I say my opinion back and you start mouthing off at me deciding to call me a liar for saying I do charity work during the week. It's you who has the lack of respect my friend.