PDA

View Full Version : Who's happy with the no Section ID's?

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
I mean limiting to what one could find on their own was kind of stupid in my mind....am i the only one that thinks so?...Should there be a BETTER way to deside all of this? In my mind, no, everyone should be able to find all the same stuff at CERTIN points of their characters carriers

AeraLure
Jul 22, 2006, 01:07 PM
I have mixed feelings about it. Sort of disappointed I suppose, but its not going to affect my enjoyment of PSU. Section IDs made the hunt fun. A bit more interesting when not every ID could find every exact same drop set.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 01:08 PM
I see your point...But lets face it....Now with what their doing...it would be hard to do that since it's more open ended to everyone walking around

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 01:45 PM
I hated section I.D's. I name all of my characters CARLO. I always end up with the worthless ORAN. BAH.

hypersaxon
Jul 22, 2006, 01:54 PM
Yes I'm glad they're gone, and good riddance too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-07-22 11:55 ]</font>

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 02:00 PM
Well good.....If they try ANY form of seperation it should be a good one...maybe by level minium or something....

Dirty_Filthy
Jul 22, 2006, 02:55 PM
I don't have feelings either way, with or without doesn't matter to me. I'll still play it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
I'm glad, now I can name my guy whatever I want and still get the coolest swords.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 03:28 PM
Here, here ^_^

Meaning I won't have to worry about Emrald??? getting ranger crap like I did on PSOBB...though redria was good for her to on gamecube....

Phaze37
Jul 22, 2006, 03:42 PM
Section IDs were annoying. It would have been alot better if you got to choose your ID and it wasn't based on your name, and the game explained the difference between them. But even then it's still pretty dumb. I think the original idea is that if you wanted items from a different ID you'd have to trade for them, but in any PSO before Blue Burst if you traded with strangers you were basically unlegit. So instead, if you wanted the all-important God/Battle, you'd have to raise a seperate Redria character until he could enter ultimate, then hunt for it. I made a character specifically to find God/Battles for all of my other characters in PSOGC.

I'm glad they're getting rid of section IDs for PSU.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 03:44 PM
So I think I get what your saying...Sorta, sorta not....

lostinseganet
Jul 22, 2006, 05:03 PM
I liked the look of the section IDs. So I will miss them. IT would be nice to have then if only as decorations.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 05:05 PM
This is true....They did look pretty.....Yeah maybe you can unlock them as decorations in your room for PSU?

NDkEwL
Jul 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
Except for the whole not being able to get everything, I liked the Section IDs, it should have worked that some people were more able, but everyone was able in some sort of way...that is how it should have been because getting multiple characters up is a whore, we all know that. I dunno, I never liked running into items I didn't need nor cared to every have.

DoctorShasta
Jul 22, 2006, 08:09 PM
I really didn't care much about section ID's, if they had stayed or gone I wouldn't care either way.

The-King
Jul 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
It might be a little confusing, they might have some of IDs just for the weapons. OR maybe its your job, that makes you find certain weapons

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 08:39 PM
You think that they will stil have osme seperation?...My my your not very hopeful

The-King
Jul 22, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-07-22 18:39, coolcat33333 wrote:
You think that they will stil have osme seperation?...My my your not very hopeful

They shouldn't take too much system from PSU, I hope its not a button masher, and by the beta videos I think its not, You have to base a game on some sort of system. If theres not some sort of Weapons seperator, then how can we have some sort of pride in our weapons

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 08:52 PM
....by the fact that we found them?

The-King
Jul 22, 2006, 08:54 PM
But what if everyone else has the same weapon?

TwinBlade
Jul 22, 2006, 08:56 PM
I wish they still had section id's it kinda kept everything together it is gonna be weird without them.

-memoru-
Jul 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
I'm happy it's gone, cuz now i can name my character MEMORU without it affecting my ID. >_>

it doesn't matter that i my original name was mamoru, and memoru was a fluke to begin with, i like memoru now, and Now i can name my force it! ;D ZOMG!!

PALRAPPYS
Jul 22, 2006, 10:04 PM
I thought we had to MAKE our own items. Wait, would they show up on what you wanted to make even if you didn't know how to make a certain item? I thought you needed to make an item to learn it's recipe... Ok, maybe I'm crazy. But whatever, the BeTa TeStErS would have to tell us this.

*edit!* That's rare weapons I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2006-07-22 20:04 ]</font>

Keyeszx
Jul 22, 2006, 10:49 PM
i say it would of been better if only and only one weapon that would be super powerfull would be assiagned to each id and you could choose cuz i hated being a cast getting pinkal

Cruisectrl
Jul 22, 2006, 11:31 PM
I always hated IDs. Im glad they're gone. This game fixed every little problem didnt it?

NDkEwL
Jul 22, 2006, 11:34 PM
except you cant just free roam...
But, at least you can get every weapon with equal possibility...

Saner
Jul 23, 2006, 01:02 AM
section IDs were the worst idea ever.

Kyuu
Jul 23, 2006, 01:11 AM
On 2006-07-22 20:04, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I thought we had to MAKE our own items. Wait, would they show up on what you wanted to make even if you didn't know how to make a certain item? I thought you needed to make an item to learn it's recipe... Ok, maybe I'm crazy. But whatever, the BeTa TeStErS would have to tell us this.

*edit!* That's rare weapons I mean.

*sigh~* Try reading an article or two from the PSU guides on this site. How Item Synthesis works is explained in a fair amount of detail.

Further, the myth that all rare items can only be made through Item Synthesis was a result of pure speculation that some people took to heart. There has been no statement or indication that this is the case. While it's possible, and even likely, that there will be rare Boards with which you can make rare weapons/armor through Item Synthesis, there's zero indication that it's the ONLY means for obtaining rares now. And frankly, I think it'd be a rather stupid idea.

And the game is much better off without Section IDs, in my opinion. Though having them just for decoration would be cool.

Phaze37
Jul 23, 2006, 01:20 AM
This game fixed every little problem didnt it?

It sure seems like it. After all, this is why we're all so hyped for this game, isn't it? So far PSU sounds like the PSO we've been wanting to play all along.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 23, 2006, 03:19 AM
Section IDs...terrible implementation of a decent idea. I'm glad they're gone and won't affect what I loot. I didn't want to make a second character just because my only character was a Bluefull. Rares should be decided by how good you are or where you're looting, not what your name is.

On 2006-07-22 18:54, The-King wrote:
But what if everyone else has the same weapon?

That would be a problem with weapon balancing (one weapon being better than all the others), not a problem with the means by which we obtain them. Unless of course that weapon is so much easier to acquire than all the others.

lostinseganet
Jul 23, 2006, 07:59 AM
On 2006-07-22 15:05, coolcat33333 wrote:
This is true....They did look pretty.....Yeah maybe you can unlock them as decorations in your room for PSU?

Maybe they could be something like gamming ideals. You can use many weapons but you specialize in a few.
So a certain type could carry a really big mech gun but would be very slow and hard to aim it at medium exp levels. That sounds like a good trade off.

Ibuka
Jul 23, 2006, 08:13 AM
I'm gonna miss my Redria and Purpelum... I kinda wish they would have left ID's in the game but give you the abillty to pick your own ID and name your self what ever you wanted to be named instead of having names making what your ID would be... But i guess no ID's is for the best

Emrald
Jul 23, 2006, 09:24 AM
Hmm...that actually sounds like a good idea IBuka

Strider_M
Jul 24, 2006, 09:31 PM
I kinda liked the Section I.D's thing.... But I didn't like that they limited you to what you found...

Having a Section I.D. Was almost like having a sign...

you know you'll be like:

You: Hey! What's up?!
other guy: NM just lvling... wanna see if I can find some rares lol XD!
You: Yeah so what's your section ID? :3
OG: Skyly... you?
You: Wha?! ME TOO! XD!!!

But whatever...

-Klaus-
Jul 24, 2006, 10:22 PM
I didn't like Section IDs... the whole concept was really obtuse and useless.

I say, good riddance.

Evan101
Jul 24, 2006, 10:25 PM
i sorta liked them.... sorta didnt, it added some much needed strategy to the game, but made the game so time consuming also .... with all the different character raising, i say they dont bring them back, even tho i slightly liked them, i wont loose sleep over it

Insainity1111
Jul 24, 2006, 10:42 PM
I think there should be section id's but every id should be able to find every weapon just with different odds

Cruisectrl
Jul 24, 2006, 10:46 PM
nah its good without at all

Oreic
Jul 25, 2006, 12:30 AM
I am happy that there gone because I would always want to get a rare item my ID would not give me.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pepsi.gif

trida
Jul 25, 2006, 04:32 PM
Even though I thought section IDs were a pain in the ass, I'll still miss them. I like the idea of having different sections IDs, they made my character feel a little more unique, instead of having the exact same drops and drop odds as everyone else.

Cruisectrl
Jul 25, 2006, 05:21 PM
no one said anything about odds, just what can be dropped, odds may be bassed on level or maybe luck will effect that this time

Chiba-kun
Jul 26, 2006, 05:15 AM
Im not really gonna miss them, they were at most just a bother, always worrying about whether or not you could get something based on whether you had the right section id. I like coming up with a concept for a char while im making it (mental rping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and using a name ive already made up to suit it, section id's threw a wrench in that scheme for me.

Abaru-FP
Jul 26, 2006, 06:26 AM
It would be nice if they could come back but not effect character drops.

OdinTyler
Jul 26, 2006, 09:51 AM
I for one am glad to see them gone. True, they were meant to promote trade between others. However, it was difficult to trade with people when some were hackers (& their stuff could corrupt other people's systems) & some others still just didn't want to play with you unless you were VERY high level.

In the past, having played online & offline, I felt the need to make various chars, just to get the items from certain SectionIDs. It's now, what...6 years later, & I have 1 char for every ID. Still haven't found everything I want, but, that's OK in that I still have time to search before PSU. Gives me something to do (in addition to leveling up all those chars).

I just feel that with the new system PSU is showing, everyone will get a fair shot at finding items, right from the beginning. With more variety in the types of items you find (not just weps, but synthesis items, for example), that should really promote trade. If for some reason, you're unable to (or just don't feel like it), you can still find items to sustain yourself.

Not too long ago, I saw mention on here that on some chars, there is an open crest that looks like it could fit an ID. Has anyone found out what that is for & if it is possible, can it be filled with an ID? The option to have an ID that represents your class/expert class or even one you can create for yourself (clan membership, for example) would be great. I don't think that's an ID anyone would turn down.

Would I miss IDs? Mostly, no. A small part of me would in that at times I liked finding items most people wouldn't be able to get because I've played some less popular IDs. It wasn't my favorite idea about PSO, but, I accepted it because I love the game. With a new game coming, I'm glad to see it go in a new direction.

Farewell, SectionIDs...

Cruisectrl
Jul 26, 2006, 10:16 AM
well put

Carsten84
Jul 26, 2006, 03:56 PM
I think getting rid of them is for the best. I really didn't like having to choose my name carefully to make sure I got a section ID that matched the kind of drops I would eventually want down the road. Though it was fun trying to find different section IDs because it made you play with new people.

Cruisectrl
Jul 26, 2006, 04:50 PM
i wouldnt mind section ids if they werent decided by your name. anything else but not your name. it really restricts what you can use as a name

tank1
Jul 26, 2006, 04:59 PM
Unless you put like a million spaces after your name in which case when people say your name ingame it looks weird.

Cruisectrl
Jul 26, 2006, 05:03 PM
thats supprisingly a good idea

PJ
Jul 26, 2006, 05:11 PM
Section IDs were well thought, well placed, and well balanced. Unfortunately, it didn't really foster trading because of all the cheating

I'm definately gonna miss them. I mean, changing the names to get a specific Section ID fostered creativity, unless you just tried adding symbols or something to get a specific ID (Which looks terrible I think, I only like it on my FOmarl, Emerald+).

My RAmarl's name came from me wanting to create a name with the root Rein (Rain sounded cool, and Rein seemed like... the name version http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). I just kept adding letters until I came out with something cool and Yellowboze. Reiianuo.

Now people can be, "Bob" without worry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

It's partly good though, since I already decided on all my character's names. If they still had IDs, I couldave been stuck with 2, "Oran IDs" (I don't mean they'd bring back the same ID,s I just mean, Oran-terrible-esque).

There's good and bad here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif