PDA

View Full Version : Music Requests

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 02:57 PM
Lets face it...The new themesong for PSU is pretty damned cool...But are there any old PSO songs you would love to see in the game that you know won't be there?

I would like Tricktrack and World with me ANNNNND.....The Idola songs

hypersaxon
Jul 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
Get an Xbox 360 and use custom soundtracks.

Presto! Problem solved http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 03:02 PM
...........................Your funny -_- I mean sierously...For us PC PS2 players....>><<< ya know what...Now I'm guna cry cause of you T_T

Oh, one song we should not see in ANY version of PSU is THRILLER

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: coolcat33333 on 2006-07-22 13:24 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 22, 2006, 03:24 PM
I really didn' t like many of the PSO songs except for the Gal Gryphon, final Dark Falz, and final Olga Flow songs, most of the other songs are too gloomy for my taste, at least the music from PSU sounds much more lively.

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 03:25 PM
If the songs are files in the PSU directory, you can just paste a pso song, rename it as the PSU song file you wish to replace, and ta-da.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 03:25 PM
Heh....I loved PSO music....Ya know what would be a good song for PSU? BYOB by System of a down...ORRRR Tentitive by system of a down

both very good

Phaze37
Jul 22, 2006, 03:57 PM
System of a down does not suit PSU. But you can listen to whatever you want while you play. I really liked alot of PSO's music, it was one of the few things Sonic Team really put alot of effort into for the game. The ending theme for Episode 1 was fantastic, especially with the lyrics. The ending theme for Episode 2 was nice too. After beating falz or olga I'd often hang around in the boss room just listening to the music after everyone else had gone back to Pioneer 2.

Am I the only one who hates the lyrics in PSU's "Save This World"? They're just way too cheesy to take seriously. The music itself is great, but the lyrics sound like they belong in a 3D Sonic game, not a serious RPG. Hopefully the game will have the theme music without the lyrics a few times, maybe before finally letting you hear the lyrics after beating the game or something.

RFB
Jul 22, 2006, 03:59 PM
The music files are encrypted inside a hugher file in ADX format, so, althought perhaps it could be changed for the PC version, it wont be as easy as copy-paste-rename.

And for PSO musics I'd like to hear: "Cry, for IDOLA the holy", "IDOLA have the immortal feather", "I can still see the light" and "I can still see the light (Piano version)"

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 03:59 PM
I do agree with you on save this world...but the song is to catchy and the singing itself is pretty good...though I still think they should have had the PSO person do the opening musics

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 04:02 PM
Yay RFB is my kind of person....Now let's figure out this....Nearest place to heaven music? PSU?...I think so

Mwabwetumba
Jul 22, 2006, 04:25 PM
Huge fan of the PSO music, these are the tracks I would like to hear once again:

1: Cry, for IDOLA the holy (final Falz)
2: TrickTrack , both 1 and 2
3: Revolution to the origin part 1 and 2 (Ruins music)
4: Idola have the immortal feather (I think thats the name.. first Olga track)

Those are my top favorites!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-07-24 12:36 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Jul 22, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'll probably make my own PSU playlist while playing the 360 version. I'll include all the music from the original PSO soundtrack and the Episode I&II soundtracks. Throw in some other random stuff like Linkin Park (which works for like any game it seems http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and I'll be pretty set.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 04:50 PM
I say no ruins music....Trick tracks and idolas are nice....What about the vr temple music?

Kyuu
Jul 22, 2006, 04:58 PM
Isn't there a website that has all the PSO tracks, and you can listen to them on it? I remember seeing it before, but I can't remember the url for the life of me, nor can I find it by googling.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah there is...I saw it to...damnit what was it?....Hmmmm.....I dunno...You could just get all the names of the songs and looking under the audio section of dogpile...

hypersaxon
Jul 22, 2006, 05:11 PM
That reminds me, if I'm gonna use custom music I'd better import the PSU soundtrack so I can still listen to those songs as well.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 05:15 PM
Hyper....I'm going to smack you XD

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
Not necessarily. When you want to listen to the game's music, all you gotta do is... wel, stop listening to your custom music. When you're in the music part of the Xbox Guide, press X and your custom music stops and music control is brought back to the game.

Cruisectrl
Jul 22, 2006, 11:27 PM
I'll probably make my own PSU playlist while playing the 360 version. I'll include all the music from the original PSO soundtrack and the Episode I&II soundtracks. Throw in some other random stuff like Linkin Park (which works for like any game it seems ) and I'll be pretty set.

need i remind you it isnt comming to the 360 till spring?

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 23, 2006, 02:55 AM
Erm, why even bother switching the gamemusic files? Just run a media player or something. I do that all the time.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 23, 2006, 03:12 AM
If you replace a PSU boss fight song file with an mp3 of your choice, would that choice song only play during said boss fight?

If that's so, then I see a great benefit to replacing files, as opposed to opening up a media player just to hear a certain song for certain events. (though it's great just to have whatever random music you feel like)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2006-07-23 01:13 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 23, 2006, 03:15 AM
I really don't think it's worth since you have to change the file format and all. You better off just making a "PSU playlist" when you play the game. If your that choosey for boss fight music then get a keyboard with a "Media" button set. My keyboard has a pause, play, and two switch track (up and down respectivly.)

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 23, 2006, 03:35 AM
Gotta switch the media format? Yikes. Well, I'll just wait till I know of a way to switch to the right format, and until then stick with default PSU music.

I already tried something similar to the playlist thing, using music CDs while playing Playstation games. It just doesn't feel...synchronized with the game. Even with a media player, I'd have to manually switch the songs to fit where I am. If I were to replace the files, I'd only need to do that replacement once unless I got tired of using the song there.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 23, 2006, 04:35 AM
Well it's not really uspposed to be synched since it's your music >.>

I've never really showed this issue any concern. If I get tired of the in game music I simply turn on some of my own to listen to. I make different playlists depending on what I'm doing but mostly for what I feel like listening too <.<

I'm not helpful, am I?

hypersaxon
Jul 23, 2006, 06:21 AM
On 2006-07-22 21:27, Cruisectrl wrote:

I'll probably make my own PSU playlist while playing the 360 version. I'll include all the music from the original PSO soundtrack and the Episode I&II soundtracks. Throw in some other random stuff like Linkin Park (which works for like any game it seems ) and I'll be pretty set.

need i remind you it isnt comming to the 360 till spring?

I never heard anything about the 360 version coming out next spring...

Ibuka
Jul 23, 2006, 08:05 AM
Hm... Well i would like for Sonic Team to bring the Desret Stage song from PSOBB over to PSU and The Tower Of Caelum, Via Tubus and "IDOLlA" The Strange Fruits from PSO Ep3. (Which i doubt that Ep3 music would be in the game and if it was it would most likely be in a jukebox or disk or what ever...) Empty Space Out of Control from Ep1 and Abysmal Ball -Banquet- from Ep2

Emrald
Jul 23, 2006, 09:27 AM
So only two people request tricktrack? (vr ship music)

Ibuka
Jul 23, 2006, 10:04 AM
Well i would have said Trick Track cause it is a good song in PSO but one of the reason i didn't add to my list because Trick Track is just a Remix song that was from one of the classic PS games and i thought that i would like to hear some PSO songs redone or Remixed in PSU

But if ST does make another version of Trick Track i wouldn't mind hearing it in PSU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-07-23 08:21 ]</font>

Emrald
Jul 23, 2006, 10:08 AM
ditto

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 23, 2006, 10:20 AM
whenever I play pso, I just lower the volume on the game and put some music from either Fist of the North Star anime or some heavy metal.

Emrald
Jul 23, 2006, 11:24 AM
Hmm...Never thought of that....But that isn't fun -_-...I like PSO music...

Para
Jul 24, 2006, 04:59 PM
PSO music is great. It has an unique lively style that usually fits into the theme of each area.

Im pretty sure if SEGA decides to use the same formula they used for music in PSO:BB, you should be able to make custom tracks for PSU.

Some tracks I want to see:

IDOLA the Fanatic Viper
Underworld Chaos & equilibrium
Cry for IDOLA the Holy
A longing to Ancient Times
IDOLA the Immortal Feather
...and the list goes on!

Eros17
Jul 24, 2006, 07:29 PM
I'll just do what I always do with PSO. Mute the TV and turn on my radio.

Cruisectrl
Jul 24, 2006, 10:17 PM
as long as they dont do the halo approach and put random guitar solos everywhere

Zinsian
Jul 26, 2006, 10:55 AM
Burning Rangers... haha from the original PSO... nah j/k...probably plug in my sound system and blast some reggae dance songs.. LoL... yea they pretty much had drum loops playing throughout the whole campaign mode for halo..