certain weapons offline like the Soul Eater because online quests were
different than the offline ones. I wonder if you will be able to unlock any
online content from beating the offline single player campaign, it would be
nice since allot of people would probably skip the offline mode and go strait
to online. I would like to see some interaction between offline and online mode
like in PSO.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 04:58 PM
I agree with you 100% though I think that you will just get everything online if you don't beat the game offline...Not certin...Maybe a few costumes here and there I guess >>

Oji_Retta
Jul 22, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-07-22 14:55, Lman90245 wrote:
In Phantasy Star Online, you could only get
certain weapons offline like the Soul Eater because online quests were
different than the offline ones. I wonder if you will be able to unlock any
online content from beating the offline single player campaign, it would be
nice since allot of people would probably skip the offline mode and go strait
to online. I would like to see some interaction between offline and online mode
like in PSO.

No interaction between offline and online. And I'm glad for it. It makes messing around more difficult.

Lman90245
Jul 22, 2006, 05:12 PM
No interaction between offline and online. And I'm glad for it. It makes messing around more difficult.

Why, to me then there really isn't a point to playing the single player since you can pretty much find out what happens in the story when you go online since the online campaign takes place right after the offline story... oh well looks like its directly to online mode for me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2006-07-22 15:12 ]</font>

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 05:15 PM
I'm guna be doing some switching of course...Depends how bored I am...and how social I feel...Though Offline would be good for when the servers are down for updates or repair

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
If I'm forced to pay for XboxLive AND a hunters license, I'm going to just play PSU offline. I mean, if that's the case, then ST would probably be half assing the rest of PSU360 online. Paying 15-17 bucks a month for a shittily-treated version of PSU would be plain stupid.
I'll wait and see if ST and MS got their damn act together with the Phantasy Star series, though I'm more angry at ST because, even when spending slim to nothing on PSOX (except for the servers), they charged full price for the PSOX hunters license. Pathetic.
*equips red-photon jacket*

Ether
Jul 22, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-07-22 15:12, Lman90245 wrote:
Why, to me then there really isn't a point to playing the single player

Because its fun?

On 2006-07-22 15:26, Carlo210 wrote:
*pointless rant*

What does that have to do with this topic?

Carlo210
Jul 22, 2006, 05:40 PM
It wasn't a rant at all...
They were talking about when they'd be playing offline (when the servers are down, etc), so I said when I'd be playing offline as well. Don't see a problem.

Lman90245
Jul 22, 2006, 06:16 PM
Because its fun?

To me it just seems like a waste of time when all of your friends are leveling their characters online. Offline mode just doesn't seem like it would be fun unless your buying the game JUST for the offline game because you don’t have internet access or don’t feel like paying for the online content... I hope I’m wrong though.

Phaze37
Jul 22, 2006, 06:17 PM
Any sort of interaction between the offline and online modes will give hackers something to work with. Best to play it safe and keep the two modes entirely seperate.

Lman90245
Jul 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-07-22 16:17, Phaze37 wrote:
Any sort of interaction between the offline and online modes will give hackers something to work with. Best to play it safe and keep the two modes entirely seperate.

Hackers won't really have anything to work with anyway because the online characters are saved on Sega's servers unlike some previous PSO counterparts... and the fact that they are two different games it seems.

AeraLure
Jul 22, 2006, 06:44 PM
It does seem to make playing offline sort of pointless, but I too am happier with no offline interaction. Various cheats were the reason I quit playing previous versions of PSO and I am not looking for any of that this time around. I do sort of wish some offline play progress would unlock a nifty thing or two for your online character(s), but even that probably isnt safe.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 06:46 PM
Yuppers ^_^......>><<.....Though it would be cool if you could play the mainstory just all online like PSOBB

Phaze37
Jul 22, 2006, 07:00 PM
Though it would be cool if you could play the mainstory just all online like PSOBB

You want to play as Ethan online?

I think online play will have it's own story that's told in much the same way as it was in PSO, and it will obviously link up with the events that happened in the offline story. That's why online mode takes place after the offline story, and that's one of the reasons why they want us to play through the offline game first.

Emrald
Jul 22, 2006, 07:02 PM
Well that...and Online also is about creating your own characters story if I'm right, sorta right?

DoctorShasta
Jul 22, 2006, 08:08 PM
Yea well online is where it's all at I'll probably only play offline when I'm bored but for the first few weeks ill be doing like 98% online cuz i wanna get an edge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jul 22, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-07-22 18:08, DoctorShasta wrote:
Yea well online is where it's all at I'll probably only play offline when I'm bored but for the first few weeks ill be doing like 98% online cuz i wanna get an edge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well you know how much all of us will be playing the first week... that 2% left over is quite a bit! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cruisectrl
Jul 22, 2006, 11:42 PM
lol no kidding, im afraid of playing the game so long, looking at a clock and realizing i havnt stopped playing for 16 hours and missed school. Im not even kidding lol

DoctorShasta
Jul 23, 2006, 12:29 AM
Wow way to go cruise you reminded me by the time PSU is out It'll be school again...ARGHHH

Saner
Jul 23, 2006, 01:03 AM
there will be offline unlockables.

actually as you progress in the offline story, more missions will be available in Extra mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif