PDA

View Full Version : Did I do the right thing?

Emrald
Jul 23, 2006, 11:23 AM
Hey yall, I just went out a few minutes ago to buy a xbox360 controler to use for my PC when I get psu...smart thing to do? Please let me know

Dhylec
Jul 23, 2006, 11:50 AM
It's your own preference. If you have big hands, a small controller won't do, vice versa.

Now, if you bought a defective one & you can't exchange, that's a different story.

Emrald
Jul 23, 2006, 11:51 AM
I mean like...Is it good that I bought a controler for my PC....not like if the xbox360 one is good....

AeraLure
Jul 23, 2006, 11:59 AM
I have always used a controller and a keyboard both when playing PSO. Cant see that as a mistake in this case. Its what I intend to be doing as well for PSU.

RFB
Jul 23, 2006, 12:53 PM
Yes, you've done the right thing, the PSU control scheme is definitely made with controllers in mind, specially those that have 2 analog sticks and a D-Pad.

With that controller, if you manage to make PSU recognize both analog sticks and the D-Pad, you'll only need to touch the keyboard for chatting and inputting your account details when logging in.

Kyuu
Jul 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
Yesh, buying a controller for your PC is good. Like others have said, PSU is definitely designed around using a controller for the main controls. Playing PSO with the keyboard is like trying to play Ninja Gaiden with a keyboard. You just can't do the same things.

And the 360 controller is definitely a big thumbs-up.

Fleece
Jul 23, 2006, 01:41 PM
Aye also the analogue shoulder triggers work on PSU, I tested it just in case.

I have no idea about the 360 pads force feedback though ive only done the char create with the pads. But all the buttons do register except the big Xbox one in the middle but that is recognised by anything on windows.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 24, 2006, 12:51 AM
to be able to really play without keyboard, you're gonna need joy2key for the Z key.

Kyuu
Jul 24, 2006, 12:55 AM
... huh? For the Z key? What are you talking about? o_0

MAGNUShunter
Jul 24, 2006, 01:34 AM
Lol, kinda off topic but it reminds me.
Every after market controler I have EVER bought, has broken in my hands. (wait. except for my hybrid usbkeyboard/ps2 controler by logitech)
What does logitech have goin as far as pc controlers now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-07-23 23:34 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jul 24, 2006, 01:47 AM
I have a Logitech PC controller that I used for emulation for a while before I bought my 360 controller. It was decent, pretty much a PS2 controller clone. Definitely loving the 360 controller more, though. ^_^

Cruisectrl
Jul 25, 2006, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna do the same thing as soon as i get updated on how the controls will work

hypersaxon
Jul 25, 2006, 03:56 PM
I'm getting the 360 controller for PC too, I love that controller!

Inazuma
Jul 25, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-07-23 22:51, Jonathan_F wrote:
to be able to really play without keyboard, you're gonna need joy2key for the Z key.

the z key was a context sensitive button rite? if you finished a mission, the summary page would show up on there. and ppl sending their p card, party invite, simple mail would also go onto the "z" key.

hmm, i cant remember my controls exactly but im pretty sure i didnt everything from the controller.

hypersaxon
Jul 25, 2006, 04:16 PM
Not like it's that hard to press the Z key on the keyboard anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cruisectrl
Jul 25, 2006, 05:19 PM
yea it is theres noting harder. Almost as hard as the p key. thats a hard one