PDA

View Full Version : PSO, PSU, YOU

Eros17
Jul 24, 2006, 09:13 AM
When you buy PSU, what will you do with PSO?

Ibuka
Jul 24, 2006, 09:19 AM
Keep and remember the good times i had with it while im playing PSU XD

TwinBlade
Jul 24, 2006, 09:28 AM
I would still play it after a while like when PSU got old or somethin

FlakariLeader
Jul 24, 2006, 09:28 AM
I'd play it every once in a while, I'll use most of my video game time for PSU.

Emrald
Jul 24, 2006, 09:32 AM
Remmber all the good PSO times and keep it in my basment and polish it every day

Cruisectrl
Jul 24, 2006, 10:23 AM
when i say sell it i mean i sold it when my gc broke

Cruisectrl
Jul 24, 2006, 10:24 AM
I would still play it after a while like when PSU got old or somethin

Pso isnt old enough for you??

AeraLure
Jul 24, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'll probably put it on the shelf and cherish the memories. Fond memories they are too. Though its now been through several different platforms and a number of versions, as well as in some cases both import and domestic versions, the whole run of PSO has kind of felt like one long continuous gaming experience. Funny to me in retrospect that I now say that as I grumbled more than once at starting over more than a few times yet loved every minute of it. Never going to forget those first weeks on PSO DC. Wow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I dont think I'll be going back to PSO once PSU is out *sniff*. I intend to develop several PSU charcters while wishing PSU a very long run and cant really see playing PSO offline anymore once I've the option to go online with PSU. I'm almost certain that's going to be more than enough.

Split
Jul 24, 2006, 10:47 AM
I have very few good memories of PSO, since there is almost NOTHING good about the offline mode, unless you have plus. PSU FTW, let the dust collection begin!!

Abaru-FP
Jul 24, 2006, 10:53 AM
Way ahead of this thread on the dust collection. PSO was one of my favorite games of all time, and I have some great memories, but there are better things to look forward to.

Mwabwetumba
Jul 24, 2006, 11:45 AM
Well, I have to keep my tradition of fighting Olga Flow.. though only about once a week, maybe.. not on a daily basis, as it is today:D

Fleece
Jul 24, 2006, 11:56 AM
i voted not buying PSU

it looked lonely

DrewSeleski
Jul 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
Unless PSU turns out to be a big dissapointment, I don't think I'll play PSO ever again

DJOutlaw
Jul 24, 2006, 01:28 PM
Play every once in a while

NightHour13
Jul 24, 2006, 01:43 PM
Hm, eventually play it again with my friend Brennan for one main reason.

***Caves***

Me: Dude hurry the hell up over here and get this trimate before I do. My mag's hungry.

Brennan: I would if it wasnt for these god damn sickle handed maniacs ripping my ass cheeks off!!!

zandra117
Jul 24, 2006, 01:59 PM
Im gonna keep playing pso every once in a while to look into some possible ways to link it with PSU even though the develepers said it wasn't. The develepers said that PSO wasn't linked to the old PS games but we managed to find a pretty solid link between Crys' Ending in PS3 and PSO. Then PSO episode 3 strengthened that link.

Saner
Jul 24, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-07-24 11:43, NightHour13 wrote:
Hm, eventually play it again with my friend Brennan for one main reason.

***Caves***

Me: Dude hurry the hell up over here and get this trimate before I do. My mag's hungry.

Brennan: I would if it wasnt for these god damn sickle handed maniacs ripping my ass cheeks off!!!

lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I dont have PSO anymore. since the tiem Dreamcast was over, PSO was lonely offline.

I had the gamecube version of ep. 1 and 2 but it was pointless having it when I ssold the gamecube since that system had such a tiny selection of games I liked and got bored of anyway.

so ya currently dont have a PSO.

but anyways we are getting PSU so 'PSO' will live on through PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif besides PSU is closer to my idea of a great Phantasy Star online game that's similiar to the classic Phantasy Stars (a solar system, 3 planets instead of just one, and much better lobbies, offline story, improved everything, etc. etc. etc. ).

so ya PSO was great for its time but PSU is the next logical step I've been waiting for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-07-24 12:27 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Jul 24, 2006, 02:30 PM
I just pray that some kind of Olga Flow will exist in PSU..

Saner
Jul 24, 2006, 02:47 PM
Olga Flow was just a huge humanoid monster with a huge sword.

the first part with the elevator was cool but ground zero was kind of silly. achilles heel anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Russian
Jul 24, 2006, 03:49 PM
Might play for nostalgic reasons now and again, but if PSU ends up absorbing my time and effort the way I think it will, there won't be much time for PSO any longer. It's been a long and bumpy 5 years playing various versions of PSO, but after PSU comes out, I'll probably be moving on.

Sinue_v2
Jul 24, 2006, 04:21 PM
I'm sick to death of PSO....

... BUUUT... it is still a Phantasy Star game, so I'll keep it. All 5 versions.

The-King
Jul 24, 2006, 04:31 PM
I'll probably just put it on my shelf, make a little shrine for it, and name all of my PSU characters after my PSO characters and pretend like I'm still playing PSO

Eros17
Jul 24, 2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I'll probably still play multi with my friends every once in a while.

Inazuma
Jul 24, 2006, 07:56 PM
psu is very similar to pso, yet better in nearly every way.

as soon as i can play psu, i will cancel my pso HL and prob never return -_-

Rubesahl
Jul 24, 2006, 08:28 PM
I'd play it for old times sake [offline though], especially to see how much they improved from it ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-07-24 18:28 ]</font>

JAR
Jul 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
Along with my genesis copies of PS 2 & 4, PSO will join it's older brothers in the dungeon(ie basement), unless of course my gf still wants to play her character, but I doubt it!

Mwabwetumba
Jul 25, 2006, 05:57 AM
On 2006-07-24 12:47, Saner wrote:

Exactly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And I think that the ``ground-zero`` is quite nice actually.. free and roomy.. and who can forget the sight of when one of your friends are shape-changed and then hunted around the arena..
And I think Flow looks quite cool aswell.. cant really explain why..
And comeon, Olga Flow, what a cool and unforeseen boss name!

Oh yeah, he talks too!

Edit: one more thing.. when Gael and Giel are up on his shoulders and he starts to chase you around the arena, on the map it looks like mickey mouse is after you..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-07-25 03:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-07-25 12:18 ]</font>

Cruisectrl
Jul 25, 2006, 01:55 PM

And what could be cooler than that?

Carsten84
Jul 27, 2006, 12:21 PM
Ill keep it nearby and probably never play it again. I don't believe I will ever love PSU nearly as much as I do PSO but after so many years, it will be time to move on.

Unless of course, PSU sucks so hard that I have to throw PSO back in to remember what a quality game that is.

CherryLunar
Jul 27, 2006, 07:45 PM
Sometimes it's just time to let things die and just remember them.

-Shimarisu-
Jul 27, 2006, 09:11 PM
Stay in the lobby til the servers are shut down, boasting about PSU.

Chiba-kun
Jul 27, 2006, 09:25 PM
Ill most likely jump back and forth since i wont be able to play psu online.

Krupp
Jul 27, 2006, 09:45 PM
Chances are I'll never touch PSO again, or if I do it'll be pretty rare.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 27, 2006, 11:25 PM
My memories of PSO are mostly not very fond. I saw nothing particularly special in it after playing it on the Dreamcast, and several months ago when I got the 1&2 for Gamecube just to play with my (rather picky) level 70something friend, I actually managed to get to Ultimate mode (Ruins and Seabed. Fought Olga Flow but the first form takes WAY too long to kill), but still didn't find anything particularly special about the game. I just don't think it's that good. Being unable to play PSO online on either version probably didn't help. It also didn't help that circumstances barred me from actually fighting with my friend when I matched level.

PSU, on the other hand, looks to be a massive improvement in every way I can imagine. I'll finally have an online game that has an RPG feeling AND a good combat system. It'll most likely be good fun to solo, let alone play with people.
Yeah, my PSO's definately collecting dust.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2006-07-27 21:27 ]</font>

Tystys
Jul 28, 2006, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately, I won't be able to do much considering I can only play one P2P mmorpg at a time....House rules until I get a job, -_-....DAMN YOU AGE LIMIT! ARGGGH