PDA

View Full Version : the August Japanese release means.....PSU Story Spoilers???

Saner
Jul 26, 2006, 08:53 PM
aaaaaaaaah! oh me oh my! How do you feeel about this?? I mean like those of us who will wait for the U.S. release 2 months after the Japanese release date, of course the weeks that follow, lots of media and information will be revealed to all!!!

but but..... I made mistakes in the past reading up on upcoming games that got released in Japan and knowing everything about the story and everything that that it's like knowing Who Framed Roger Rabbit before you even see the movie yourself!

wwaaaaa! um um so what do you think? Will you avoid story spoilers or will your impatience swallow anything and everything new you can find out about PSU when its released in Japan????

Authenticate
Jul 26, 2006, 08:55 PM
*was just browsing the WoW Forums*

OMG FIRST POST IN A SANER TOPIC!

I'm indifferent. For me, I've never felt cheapened by finding out who the last boss was in a game before I got to him/her/it. Even if someone says "This guy is the last boss, cuz he's evil and stuff.", it's like I gotta see it for myself, ya know?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Authenticate on 2006-07-26 18:58 ]</font>

VR-Raiden
Jul 26, 2006, 08:59 PM
well i'm indifferent since i don't really care about the story. at all. What will really tick me off is when they start putting up drop charts for online mode :/

Ash1ey
Jul 26, 2006, 09:09 PM
Minor spoilers I don't mind, but anything major I'm going to try to avoid. Though its hard cause... its so tempting, you would not believe how hard it is to stop the temptations to look at xenosaga ep3 spoilers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-07-26 19:13 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jul 26, 2006, 09:13 PM
I welcome toe spoilers becuase I still experience it all the same.

Krupp
Jul 26, 2006, 09:18 PM
I'm importing the game so learning about the story while playing offline would be beneficial to me. I can see where you are going though.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 26, 2006, 09:20 PM
I won't seek any info. Well, maybe I'll check a few names or articles here and there, but nothing big that will spoil a lot for me!

Chiba-kun
Jul 26, 2006, 09:21 PM
Im not real fond of spoilers, i admit its hard not to look at them, very tempting, but i try my best to avoid them. I like being suprised by a story. Kinda ruins it when you find out one of your team mates in an rpg goes all super villain before they do, ruins how you look at that char untill they do go evil.

-Klaus-
Jul 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
I'm indifferent... I'm most likely not going to bother with offline unless there's server matenance on PSU's online mode.

hypersaxon
Jul 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
Make sure you read over this first:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=108163&forum=20&5

Saner
Jul 26, 2006, 09:42 PM
ya but um um its tempting highlighting the censored spoiled text.

it's kind of liek a red button. you just HAVE to push it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhotonCat
Jul 26, 2006, 10:16 PM
Just don't go around and look at spoiler sites. I don't see how it can be that hard to resist yourself. Have some self-control.

As for me, I don't really care because the offline doesn't interest me. I am mainly getting it for online. I doubt I will touch offline because I don't care about Ethan and his buddies.

DrewSeleski
Jul 26, 2006, 10:56 PM
I have no problem looking at spoilers, I've never really understtod why knowing more information could make a story less enjoyable. Then again I also don't really enjoy suprises so I might be biased. I actually have a habit of reading the last paragraph of a book before I start reading it.

_Tek_
Jul 26, 2006, 11:03 PM
I'm not too interested in the story actually.

I'm just goona make my gackt-ish characters and play online forever

(i got gackt fever again, listening to all his music, stopped listening to idm/abstract/electronica fffffff)

Sevenfold
Jul 27, 2006, 12:54 AM
Could care less about the story.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 27, 2006, 12:57 AM
Can we really consider Dark Force as the final boss a spoiler anymore?

Chiba-kun
Jul 27, 2006, 01:01 AM
Well actually after giving it some thought, it doesnt really matter much if people are worried about spoilers or not since there appears to be a pretty clear rules situation for them now, so whether we like them or not, they are dealt with appropriatly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chiba-kun on 2006-07-26 23:02 ]</font>

AeraLure
Jul 27, 2006, 08:25 AM
I'll be importing to play offline, so I'll be seeking story spoilers while I play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I should specify that what I mean by that is simply I'll be most likely getting some story insight from other importers and various sources since my Japanese isnt up to par enough to get anything but the very general gist at best. Doesnt bother me much. I'll play the US offline version again later. And no, wont be spoiling anything for anyone here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-07-27 12:30 ]</font>

tank1
Jul 27, 2006, 08:28 AM
If i end up finding out the ending by mistake it wont bother me much. Since i intend to play online first and i dont really care much about Ethan or his little buddies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2006-07-27 06:30 ]</font>

shadow4
Jul 27, 2006, 09:33 AM
I'm staying as far away from the PSU board as I can until I beat Story Mode, unless I get stuck somewhere. I hate spoilers. My friend spent a whole day trying to trick me into listening to him spoil the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2. It didn't work, but it was annoying to have to walk around with earplugs all day.

shadow4
Jul 27, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hey, does that spoiler code work yet? Let's find out...

Hi.

Zinsian
Jul 27, 2006, 10:25 AM
yay another thread about spoilers and why we hate them... why dont we start a sticky thread about them??? much easier LMAO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cruisectrl
Jul 27, 2006, 10:32 AM
im pretty sure that there is an anti-spoiler thing in sticky...

you need to read other posts before making new ones

Zinsian
Jul 27, 2006, 10:40 AM
lol didnt realize that

Rubesahl
Jul 27, 2006, 01:10 PM
Even though I'm importing, I HATE SPOILERS -hisses-