PDA

View Full Version : Impress TV PSU videos

EspioKaos
Jul 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
Two streaming interviews (actually, one interview broken in two) with Takao Miyoshi were recently released via Impress TV. You can view them here (http://impress.tv/cgi-bin/play/play.plx?bw=300&cd=ogm060727_01&no=all) and here (http://impress.tv/cgi-bin/play/play.plx?bw=700&cd=ogm060727_01&no=all). (For some reason, I get random results each time I click on those links. One will take you to the network mode part of the interview, the other will take you to the story mode part.) Not really any new info as far as I can tell, but we do get to see some new cut scenes as well as enemies and such. For example, we get many more glimpses of what happens between Ethan, Lumia and the Vol Brothers on the Colony before the SEED attack. We already knew that one of the Vol Bros. steals Lumia's meseta card, but it looks like that turns into your first stage of gameplay. You have to chase No Vol (the thief) through a section of Linear Line before you confront the rest of the Vol Brothers. Leo then shows up to help you out. Another scene that's shown happens after the attack by SEED. Ethan and Leo are moving throguh Linear Line when a SEED, um... seed hatches a SEED Vance. It attacks Leo who was caught off-guard, and Ethan ends up killing the creature with Leo's gun. That leads into your first real action stage where you actually get to fight. (Beta testers will recognize this as the first stage they played as well.)

Some other stuff I've noticed...
It looks like the enemy elemental icons have changed. For example, the Panon no longer has just a purple cirlce to represent its dark attribute. Now it has a purple photon emblem or something. (I can't really tell exactly what the design is.) Also, the Vahra now has a yellow lightning bolt to represent the electric attribute instead of just a yellow circle, and the De Ragan a red flame as opposed to a red circle.

One new enemy I've seen is a variation on the Moatoob native Vanda. It's called a Vanda Mela. I'm sure there are others, but the stream is being really crappy for me right now, so I'm getting a lot of skipping and still pictures so it's hard to tell.

I'll try the videos again later to see if I can find anything else new.

Kers
Jul 27, 2006, 12:35 AM
Freakin' sweet! Thanks Espio!

Sevenfold
Jul 27, 2006, 12:46 AM
niiiice, gj bro. Thx.

Kers
Jul 27, 2006, 01:03 AM
The two links I followed wern't one interview broken into two segments but two links to the same three videos that play. Besides the point that I don't understand Japanese, I still felt a first hand experience and got the sense of what they were talking about. One of the best videos I've seen!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-07-26 23:06 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jul 27, 2006, 01:07 AM
wow excellent videos. thanks so much for posting them.

Oreic
Jul 27, 2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah its all in Japanese and I can't understand any. Thanks anyways.

Chiba-kun
Jul 27, 2006, 01:20 AM
Nice find, just wish i knew what was being said *nod nod*

-Klaus-
Jul 27, 2006, 01:30 AM
It won't work for me. :

Kyuu
Jul 27, 2006, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I can tell just by mousing over them that both your links go to the same URL.

Nice video, though.

LiqourSiCC
Jul 27, 2006, 01:55 AM
hey thats cool i didnt know you could use both weapons at once like two sabers.. it didnt look like you could in another video where i guess she switched between her pistol and her saber.. well all i saw her use was her pistol but not at the same time as the saber that she was holding aswell..

Chiba-kun
Jul 27, 2006, 05:29 AM
Well it would be kinda dumb if you could hold a saber and gun, yet not use both, that would just make no sense at all lol.

Nisshoku
Jul 27, 2006, 10:10 AM
I took a look at them last night, and they were quite interesting, even though some of what was shown, I've already dealt with before on the Closed Beta.

However, looking at the videos, something intregued me... Ethan Waber's name was in english, whilest all the others were Japanese. Even though that could mean nothing, it still gives me a suspecting feeling...

DarK-SuN
Jul 27, 2006, 12:27 PM
There's actually three videos in there.

1st Video Link 1: mms://pluto.via.or.jp/impresstv/pj1/pj001/impress.tv/online_gamers/700_ogm060727_01_01.asf
1st Video Link 2: mms://neptune.via.or.jp/impresstv/pj1/pj001/impress.tv/online_gamers/700_ogm060727_01_01.asf

2nd Video Link 1: mms://pluto.via.or.jp/impresstv/pj1/pj001/impress.tv/online_gamers/700_ogm060727_01_02.asf
2nd Video Link 2: mms://neptune.via.or.jp/impresstv/pj1/pj001/impress.tv/online_gamers/700_ogm060727_01_02.asf

3rd Video Link 1: mms://pluto.via.or.jp/impresstv/pj1/pj001/impress.tv/online_gamers/700_ogm060727_01_03.asf
3rd Video Link 2: mms://neptune.via.or.jp/impresstv/pj1/pj001/impress.tv/online_gamers/700_ogm060727_01_03.asf

The first is an introduction to the game, the second is about the story mode and the third is about the network mode.
If you use the FlashGet download manager you can download the streams directly to your PC, since FlashGet is one of the few programs that allows downloading from the MMS protocol.

mechatra
Jul 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
I just downloaded the whole bunch then opened it through windows media player. Seperates the files when you open it anyway.

Nice vids ^_^

What're you suspecting Nisshoku?

scott1114
Jul 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
The game's graphics dont look that awful on the PS2, and the story mode seems pretty hard...

Nisshoku
Jul 27, 2006, 03:06 PM
Nothing overly too big, just the possible chance that the JP version might have the english setting option. But I'm highly doubting that, personally.

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 03:21 PM
wwaaaaaaaa! my right click button doesn't work to Save Target As!!!!

the video freezes when I stream it. waaaaaa

can someone add them to Filefront so we can left click and auto download that way?

*jams on laser mouse right click button* whyyyyyy whyyyy won't it work!?!?!?!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-07-27 13:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-07-27 13:36 ]</font>

MAGNUShunter
Jul 27, 2006, 03:45 PM
Freezes on me to. Try pausing when it freezes, and clicking the locator a few seconds back, then hit play again to let it re-buffer. I had to do this a few times in order to watch one all the way through.

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 03:54 PM
waaaa. so this is how 56kers feel when watching stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

like a slideshow. haven't these people heard of Filefront????

they should think of the handicapped mouses all over the world that can't right click to saveas! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kers
Jul 27, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-07-27 13:06, Nisshoku wrote:
Nothing overly too big, just the possible chance that the JP version might have the english setting option. But I'm highly doubting that, personally.

I think the english setting sounds like it would essentually be the english version on the same disc. I know little information about discs, but I'm guessing you doubt it because the full english version on the JP disc sounds bulky. Besides the disc space, the versions of PSU are releasing within a few months of each other(I'm guessing one of the reasons this is possible because the versions are complete).
Though it sounds like a low chance the JP version will be playable in english, we obviously don't know the answer. It looks fine to consider it a possibility. I would definitely import if so(experiencing the story before online play without becoming lower level than my online buddies sounds great).

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 04:11 PM
even with english option, the JP version can't be played with the US servers.

but it would be helpful for the importers who get it for the story mode, then buy the US version for the online mode.

Kers
Jul 27, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-07-27 14:11, Saner wrote:
even with english option, the JP version can't be played with the US servers.

but it would be helpful for the importers who get it for the story mode, then buy the US version for the online mode.

I would definitely import if so(experiencing the story before online play without becoming lower level than my online buddies sounds great).

sorry, I implied experiencing the story before online play*is available in the US*.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-07-27 14:47 ]</font>

scott1114
Jul 27, 2006, 05:11 PM
Well if language option is included I don't think US version will come out more than a month after JP version, and that It'd work visa-versa for us, having also an option to change the language

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 05:13 PM
wwaaaaaa, why oh why arent these links left click downloadable. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Cruisectrl
Jul 27, 2006, 05:25 PM
saner dont u have a job?

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 05:27 PM
how dare you question my personal information! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

or are you offering me a good job? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif maybe something really easy and pays a lot? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Cruisectrl
Jul 27, 2006, 05:34 PM
if u want i just quit a summer job at subway and he told me to ask a friend to replace me
there i asked

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 06:22 PM
On 2006-07-27 11:24, scott1114 wrote:
The game's graphics dont look that awful on the PS2, and the story mode seems pretty hard...

grrr the graphics are not awful at all! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_salad.gif

turtle323
Jul 27, 2006, 06:35 PM
wait what link on the first page

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: turtle323 on 2006-07-27 16:56 ]</font>

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 06:36 PM
just click on the first page links. they'll automatically bring up WMP and stream it.

Inu_Shadi
Jul 27, 2006, 07:49 PM
>< They wont play on my computer either ><

EspioKaos
Jul 27, 2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the tip about FlashGet, DarK-SuN. I just used it to download these videos, so now I don't have to worry about constant pauses in the stream. And because of that I've been able to see a few more new enemies. There's some large creature called a Jahba as well as a new series of attack robots called GSM 05B Bohmalda in an area that kind of reminds me of the mines from PSO. (And from what's shown, at this part of the game, Kou Taragi actually joins you in the fight along with Lou and Maya. This is the first time we've seen him at your side in anything aside from cutscenes.)

Saner
Jul 27, 2006, 08:36 PM
waaa I can't right click!! I need a new mouse. without right click I can't even copy picture URLs and paste their pictures here! aaaaah!!

wait isn't there a keyboard shortcut for Right clikc window feature????

you know how like ctrl+c = copy and ctrl+v = paste?

is there a rightclick keyboard command?

is there?

Chiba-kun
Jul 27, 2006, 09:18 PM
Nope sorry, not unless you have a keyboard with one of those laptop pad.

Tystys
Jul 28, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-07-26 23:20, Chiba-kun wrote:
Nice find, just wish i knew what was being said *nod nod*

Hint hint.
Make a subtitled version of it in your spare time Espio! XD

DarK-SuN
Jul 28, 2006, 10:23 AM
On 2006-07-27 18:32, EspioKaos wrote:
Thanks for the tip about FlashGet, DarK-SuN. I just used it to download these videos, so now I don't have to worry about constant pauses in the stream.

You're welcome, Espio. ^_^