PDA

View Full Version : newmans still regenerate TP??

phongi
Jul 28, 2006, 02:33 PM
do newmans still regenerate TP or some kind of
magic PSU uses?

Cruisectrl
Jul 28, 2006, 02:33 PM
everyone does now

Saner
Jul 28, 2006, 02:38 PM
yes since they use a Photon Points system now. it recharges when not in use.

technique energy supply do not depend on the person anymore, they depend on the Force weapon's Photon Points. techniques are equipped on the Force weapons themselves also

(much like how Gandalf uses a staff to channel his power through the staff to cast magic)

shadow4
Jul 28, 2006, 03:18 PM
Casts can use techniques now too, but not nearly as many as flesh-and-blood characters.

oShojino
Jul 28, 2006, 03:57 PM
Casts can use as many techniques as the other fleshies, they just have less damage/effectiveness.

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 04:01 PM
(sigh) that really eliminates the realism. come on now, Casts using techniques??

MilkRocker
Jul 28, 2006, 04:08 PM
Realism? How realistic is anything in this game?

Dre_o
Jul 28, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-07-28 14:08, MilkRocker wrote:
Realism? How realistic is anything in this game?

Quoted for DUH!! emphesis. And really, though they are artificial, they have minds as well, correct?

oShojino
Jul 28, 2006, 04:36 PM
Well remember that PSU isnt a direct sequel to PSO, Casts in PSU are more humanoid... more Android rather then Robot. Also, spells so far are channeled through weapons instead of them using a natural TP pool, it gives even more of a universal feel to spells.

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 04:39 PM
THATS not what i meant!!! i meant for realistic balance of power. Forces always had advantages in mental while Casts always had advantages in physical. Saying that Casts now can use techniques is .....well,.... ..errm....unfair or unbalanced.....

Phaze37
Jul 28, 2006, 04:47 PM
Saying that Casts now can use techniques is .....well,.... ..errm....unfair or unbalanced.....

We won't know anything about character balance for sure until the game is released. But yeah, from what I've heard from people who have played the beta, the characters and classes aren't balanced at all.

Carlo210
Jul 28, 2006, 04:50 PM
Casts are absolutely horrid at using techniques, so don't think it's unbalanced. Their MST starts at around 25-30 while a Newman's starts at around 70. Those are both for the FORCE class too.

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 04:55 PM
meh!! i just hope weapon limits aren't as big for Forces as it was in PSO.

Cruisectrl
Jul 28, 2006, 04:57 PM
Im gonna be force just to use the bow, that looks swankadelic

RoboKy
Jul 28, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-07-28 14:01, Zinsian wrote:
(sigh) that really eliminates the realism. come on now, Casts using techniques??

Sinow in seabed can use certain spells

Cruisectrl
Jul 28, 2006, 05:56 PM
its a bad guy. it can do what it wants

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
ERRR NOO!!!! YOUR NOT GETTING THE POINT!!!!!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

(sigh) forget it, its another "we'll see when it comes out" debate.
And as Phaze said, many of the beta testers said that the gameplay isnt balanced at all.
Its still beta, they "could" remove the use of techniques from Casts if they wanted to, but i dunno. Thats just my opinion.

Chiba-kun
Jul 28, 2006, 08:26 PM
As far as ive heard (if im wrong stab me in the lower spine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), cast are no longer the top of the physical totem pole, beast are now above them and the casts are more geared towards being a ranger. Therefore its reasonable for casts to get alittle bit of abilities, besides as stated before, they arent the same as they were in pso. They are more of a race now, not just a bunch of mech slaves. The use of abilities just goes to show how they have evolved into their own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chiba-kun on 2006-07-28 18:42 ]</font>

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 08:31 PM
i guess so...BUT STILL NO MAGIC TRICKS FOR MR.ROBOTO. NO NO. it cant be!! LMAO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saner
Jul 28, 2006, 10:25 PM
I take it that person who complains about Casts using techniques, never played Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom.

the Casts in PSU are more like cyborgs than androids now. and that's an improvement. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and besides Forces have a larger selection of weapons, this includes crossbows, bows, and stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-07-28 20:26 ]</font>

Cetus
Jul 28, 2006, 11:47 PM
Well in PSU the name is PP not TP and PP, if I remember well, stand for Photon Points. In PSO photon was used as the edge of a weapons. And in PSU they use it as energy, so if they can use it as energy it must mean they can accumulate it into a storage. For flesh creature it was a natural thing but for machine it wasn't but by being able to accumulate it and use it as weapon energy they must have understood how magic worked and implanted it into the cast.

Kyuu
Jul 29, 2006, 02:01 AM
Casts can use technics. Get over it. Even if they are 100% artificial, considering that the energy for magick attacks comes from the weapons (PP), and not from some store of magickal energy in the person themselves (as TP was), there's no real basis for saying that casts should be unable to use technics. Plus, they are sentient beings, and who says that magick requires a biological body?

There's nothing "unbalanced" about it. If you're not a Force, your ability to case technics or not is irrelevant. And cast Forces are by far the weakest. Their spells are nowhere near the power of a newman's or human's, and are weaker than a beast's as well (and beasts are more physically powerful than casts as well). I fail to see where the whole issue of casts ability to use technics being "unbalancing" even comes from.

Just wait till the game comes out before you start whining about balance. I never heard any of the beta players make a big issue out of it. In fact, I quite distinctly remember more than one saying that, when played well, the differences in stats between races wasn't a big deal at all. You can play whatever combination you like and still be effective, as long as you don't suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-29 00:01 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jul 29, 2006, 02:29 AM
As to add something in, this is way further on in the story of the graal system. A war has happened, meaning that both fleshies and casts have made new technology, probably casts have developped higher AI for war puposes and will now use it against the enemies in seed world. It's like in the real world. WWI and II brought in aeroplane advancement, bombs, gas. Whatever way you see it, technology advances. even our days. Dudes, now w'ere in for the really spaced out part. They're creating optical screens (you can't see the person using it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) AND they have started to study teleportation. Check it yourselves if you don't believe me, but tewchnology eventually gains power in time. There you have it. So it's normal for casts to be able to use magic (I wish I could!).

Zinsian
Jul 29, 2006, 04:26 AM
On 2006-07-29 00:01, Kyuu wrote:
Casts can use technics. Get over it. Even if they are 100% artificial, considering that the energy for magick attacks comes from the weapons (PP), and not from some store of magickal energy in the person themselves (as TP was), there's no real basis for saying that casts should be unable to use technics. Plus, they are sentient beings, and who says that magick requires a biological body?

There's nothing "unbalanced" about it. If you're not a Force, your ability to case technics or not is irrelevant. And cast Forces are by far the weakest. Their spells are nowhere near the power of a newman's or human's, and are weaker than a beast's as well (and beasts are more physically powerful than casts as well). I fail to see where the whole issue of casts ability to use technics being "unbalancing" even comes from.

Just wait till the game comes out before you start whining about balance. I never heard any of the beta players make a big issue out of it. In fact, I quite distinctly remember more than one saying that, when played well, the differences in stats between races wasn't a big deal at all. You can play whatever combination you like and still be effective, as long as you don't suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-29 00:01 ]</font>

I take it you didnt read my other post. I said i was ok with whatever, and its gonna be another one of those "we'll see when it releases". So please back off. Im just not in full agreement yet and you cant change that. Im not whining either Im just saying what i think. What? You sayin i cant say my 2 cents or opinions about this??

Kyuu
Jul 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
On 2006-07-29 02:26, Zinsian wrote:

I take it you didnt read my other post. I said i was ok with whatever, and its gonna be another one of those "we'll see when it releases". So please back off. Im just not in full agreement yet and you cant change that. Im not whining either Im just saying what i think. What? You sayin i cant say my 2 cents or opinions about this??

You saying I can't say my 2 cents without someone taking my post personally, even though I didn't mention anyone's name in it? I'm just saying what I think. So please back off.

Saner
Jul 29, 2006, 04:02 PM
isn't whining basically rejecting what is already allowed and going to be included in the game no matter what people say? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

It's great the PSU Casts have the option to use techniques this time. they certainly evolved more than PSO's Casts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 29, 2006, 04:21 PM
maybe Newmans can regenerate their PP faster than everyone else?

Oji_Retta
Jul 29, 2006, 04:27 PM
no

hypersaxon
Jul 29, 2006, 05:12 PM
On 2006-07-29 14:21, Shiroryuu wrote:
maybe Newmans can regenerate their PP faster than everyone else?

The thing is though, Newmans themselves have no stat called PP. It's the weapon that has PP, not the character. And the rate of regeneration is based on the weapon you're using, so certain weapons and styles of weapons regenerate faster than others.

Saner
Jul 29, 2006, 10:34 PM
it would be unbalanced anyways, if Newmans can regenerate PP faster, that would make them regenerate guns and PAs faster too, which wouldn't make sense.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 30, 2006, 04:06 AM
This coffee's making my PP regenerate faster.

It's nice to see Casts using technics this time around, kinda like the Mako Gun from FFVII. I'd have preferred more mechanical-like technic stuff such as a refridgerator part for barta and a light bulb for grantz though.