PDA

View Full Version : auto target?

phongi
Jul 28, 2006, 04:01 PM
will the lame auto-target thing be in PSU?
it's soooo annoying.

Zinsian
Jul 28, 2006, 04:05 PM
im guessing for some weapons. there was a video with a female force using a bow with manual aiming.

oShojino
Jul 28, 2006, 04:43 PM
Its more auto target and less auto lock this time around. When you're in range of an enemy with your weapon, a small target will show up alerting you that you can attack them however it will not lock you onto that enemy. You can even start to attack one enemy and then rotate yourself mid combo to attack another enemy its pretty fun. You can lock on if you want though, you just hold down the left arrow key (for pc) while in range of an enemy and it will lock on for you (useful for long range/spells cause the enemies tend to move around alot this time around).

AeraLure
Jul 28, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-07-28 14:43, oShojino wrote:
Its more auto target and less auto lock this time around. When you're in range of an enemy with your weapon, a small target will show up alerting you that you can attack them however it will not lock you onto that enemy. You can even start to attack one enemy and then rotate yourself mid combo to attack another enemy its pretty fun. You can lock on if you want though, you just hold down the left arrow key (for pc) while in range of an enemy and it will lock on for you (useful for long range/spells cause the enemies tend to move around alot this time around).

That sounds perfect. I was assuming to it to function in a non-forced way, or some associated setting to be optional.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 28, 2006, 06:47 PM
Outof curiosity, did the auto targetting have the same "feel" as the auto target from Metroid Prime or was/is there a big difference?

A2K
Jul 28, 2006, 06:56 PM
You can target individual enemies with certain guns and strafe around them, correct? How does that work?

Parn
Jul 28, 2006, 07:00 PM
Strafing is strictly side to side while holding a gun... you don't lock on to an enemy in this situation. Lock on only applies to melee, in which case you circle around the enemy that you've locked onto. The same button controls both situations... side-to-side with guns, circle around the target with melee.

First person is fantastic. The first few times I fought the dragon, I just did some strafing to fire, but during the last few days of the beta, I started taking advantage of first person to ensure all my shots went straight to the dragon's head. The dragon pretty much became a cakewalk as a result.

Saner
Jul 28, 2006, 10:31 PM
ya the targeting features are much improved this time! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 30, 2006, 03:25 AM
On 2006-07-28 17:00, Parn wrote:
Strafing is strictly side to side while holding a gun... you don't lock on to an enemy in this situation. Lock on only applies to melee, in which case you circle around the enemy that you've locked onto. The same button controls both situations... side-to-side with guns, circle around the target with melee.

First person is fantastic. The first few times I fought the dragon, I just did some strafing to fire, but during the last few days of the beta, I started taking advantage of first person to ensure all my shots went straight to the dragon's head. The dragon pretty much became a cakewalk as a result.

What if you're using a saber and a gun? Would you lock on or strafe?

Kers
Jul 30, 2006, 04:05 AM
I just scanned youtube for the usual videos of some combat with dual wield saber and offhand gun...seems a lot of videos have recently been removed due to terms of use violations.. From what I've gathered from posts is that when you wield a melee weapon, you can auto-lock. When you use a gun, the auto-lock ability is replaced with strafe.

I've watched some videos of people dual wielding a gun and melee weapon, and they strafe while firing the gun, and seem to have a lot of control with the direction of their melee weapon's Photon Abilities..it's hard to tell, but it looks like whatever the combination is, it works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-07-30 02:11 ]</font>

mechatra
Jul 30, 2006, 05:19 AM
Whilst using a gun and a combat weapon, you really only use one at a time, whilst pressing or holding? a certain button will make you use your offhand weapon. So whilst using the gun, you side strafe, whils using the combat weapon, you circle strafe.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 30, 2006, 11:05 AM
if you lock on to an enemy, would it be similar to the Zelda Ocarina of Time's aiming in that you keep facing the enemy you're locked on to?

Kyuu
Jul 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-07-30 09:05, Shiroryuu wrote:
if you lock on to an enemy, would it be similar to the Zelda Ocarina of Time's aiming in that you keep facing the enemy you're locked on to?

Yes, it's exactly like that for the melee lock-on.

Saner
Jul 30, 2006, 02:03 PM
ya I think the reset camera button is used for strafe mode/circle strafing too. because notice the camera always shifts back behind the character while you are in strafe mode.

but ya, guns are side strafe and melee are circle strafe.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 30, 2006, 02:23 PM
oh, thats cool, thanks.