PDA

View Full Version : For the younger fans,,,

Emrald
Jul 29, 2006, 09:11 AM
When PSU comes out...How will this effect your school time?

I mean mine....I'm not sure if I'll forget about it next summer...I hope not...But With freshman year comming up...I'll hardly have time to play....

tank1
Jul 29, 2006, 09:49 AM
Though im done with school im currently in College and i think PSU might affect my performance a little bit but not to seriously. (i dont see myself becoming an PSU addict anytime soon)

StarWind09
Jul 29, 2006, 10:33 AM
this fall is going to be very busy... Zelda is coming out and so is FFXII! Also of course school will be going on! so i imagine my PSU time will be hurting.

Emrald
Jul 29, 2006, 10:39 AM
I'm guna be a psu addict...I was a pso addict...so I gata be a psu addict...GOD I'M A LOSER

littleman2347
Jul 29, 2006, 10:43 AM
ya im with cool all the way except loser part : P but it will affect my school a little bit but guys remember if your parents are strict keep at least b's or c's and you can still play PSU : ). It might kill my grades who knows(freshman year sucks)

Authenticate
Jul 29, 2006, 11:22 AM
I hope all you stuck up little bass turds fail and live as hobos FOREVER! *mimics Zoidberg and runs away from topic*

Emrald
Jul 29, 2006, 11:26 AM
....Anyways...Yeah...my mom said i had to keept at least a 3.5 to play PSU AND I have to pay for the fee (nothing new there)

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 29, 2006, 11:41 AM
it'll be tough with college, but I'll try to find some time to play PSU.

Emrald
Jul 29, 2006, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure we all will....

DrewSeleski
Jul 29, 2006, 12:50 PM
For some reason I've never had problems with school taking up much of my time so I don't think PSU will cut into my schooltime much

Edit: Uh... college counts as school right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-07-29 10:51 ]</font>

Emrald
Jul 29, 2006, 12:54 PM
teag u tgubj so

DrewSeleski
Jul 29, 2006, 12:55 PM
On 2006-07-29 10:54, coolcat33333 wrote:
teag u tgubj so

wh-what?

Carlo210
Jul 29, 2006, 12:58 PM
As long as I'm not failing or near failing anything, I'll be able to play. I haven't been grounded and I haven't had anything taken away form me in a loooong time, mainly because I haven't done anything too bad lately.
I started gr11 math with a 45%, and my parents were like "omgwtF!", but I promised I'll bring it up as I always do when it comes to math, which I did. They say "it's cause you're on that computer and xbox all day", but I'm not stupid enough to put off an assignment for 2 extra hours of psu gaming.

I don't remember the last time I studied for a test, though. I've kinda looked over the stuff in class before the techer started handing them out, but that's it. I'm doing fine in school with around a 75% average.

-Klaus-
Jul 29, 2006, 12:59 PM
well, I was a freshman last year and I played FFXI a lot... I'm going to be a sophomore, and judging how much I played FFXI during the schoolyear last year.. I don't think it'll affect me nearly as much as FFXI did, considering in PSO I can solo, and not be forced to wait 5 hours to get a party. :]

Still, I always put my grades before my hobbies...Usually. ;0

Emrald
Jul 29, 2006, 01:02 PM
Ahhh yes....yall are my heros...then come summer..WE'LL WASTE ALL OUR TIME ON PSU!

DrewSeleski
Jul 29, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well I wouldn't call it a waste http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

_EiN_
Jul 29, 2006, 01:10 PM
I'll be in college this year for the first time and I am sure I will be addicted to psu...like I was for pso. I hear college isnt necessarily harder just requires more of your time. Which is bad news for me.... Oh well, psu is gonna rock so freaken hard how could i not play it.

Cruisectrl
Jul 29, 2006, 01:22 PM
im gonna play only when i have no homework and i feel comfortable with the level of studying accomplished... which is none http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Inu_Shadi
Jul 29, 2006, 01:39 PM
Im gonna play it lots, along with other games. So my school grades will be affected http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; but I wont let them go lower then a C-

Phaze37
Jul 29, 2006, 01:50 PM
I'm starting college in september, and i'll be working at the same time. So any time that I spend playing PSU will likely hurt my grades a bit, because I won't really have any free time available, but I'll MAKE time for PSU dammit! It's my parent's fault for saying that I have to pay rent AND go to school if I want to keep living at their house. And the price of a bachelor's apartment where I live is downright insane, so I'm stuck.

SekotheFOmar
Jul 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
I'm going into my Sophmore year...and last year was hell without PSU but I've changed over the summer so it might be different

Emrald
Jul 29, 2006, 02:11 PM
Yay! I'm waiting for PSU to ruin my school grades ^_^

Cruisectrl
Jul 29, 2006, 02:38 PM
i play counter strike so much and i have first class honours and im definitely one of the smartest kids in my class. I could not do any homework and still get 85 (or A to you americans)

Rubesahl
Jul 29, 2006, 03:17 PM
Well, I just finished my 2nd year in college and I've managed video games with studies quite well : ) Only time a game hurted my responsibility with school was back in elementary when I imported Final Fantasy 7 [the beginning of my import addiction http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ] I've actually found it more comfortable to manage my studies and games ever since I started college [excluding the first semester O_x fucking college made the program for me and I had to stay there from 7:00AM to 6:00PM O_O; Anyways I ended changing from Natural Sciences and I'm now in Languages http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ] In college I don't get idiotic homeworks like in high school -__-; not to mention you don't need to have your notebook checked by the teacher >_>;; Last semester I got all As ^__^

littleman2347
Jul 29, 2006, 09:08 PM
o ya go sophmores : P ya i never realy has a problem with school im good enuff to sleap through biology and ake a 91 easy as pie

[quote][quote]Ahhh yes....yall are my heros...then come summer..WE'LL WASTE ALL OUR TIME ON PSU!

With ya all the way

Carlo210
Jul 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
I wish my school was easy enough to sleep through and even 'pass' the classes.

FlakariLeader
Jul 29, 2006, 11:09 PM
I won't affect me, I'm used to playing a lot of games during school.

Vetsent
Jul 29, 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm going to be a FreshMan.I usually get all A's and I've never seen a C+ or anything lower(81 or lower) and that was with crazy addictions to certain games and my hour-long Tae-Kwon-Doe classes.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 30, 2006, 01:40 AM
I play games when I should be working on my projects, but that usually works out fine. Except a couple of times...I still passed, so meh.

Zinsian
Jul 30, 2006, 01:43 AM
err i gotta keep my grade at a B otherwise im dropped from the team so im guessing i wont be spending that much time on the game afterall http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Raikuro
Jul 30, 2006, 02:00 AM
The only thing PSU will make me fail at is a social life...(like I had one in the first place)

MilkRocker
Jul 30, 2006, 03:33 AM
I actually had my best college semester ever when I got online with Episode 1 & 2. This coming semester will be my last at community college and a chance to give my GPA a head start for real college, so I'll have to budget my time a bit to fit around PSU (while recognizing how terribly pathetic I am for even considering budgeting time for a game, but que sera, etc.).

Emrald
Jul 30, 2006, 05:19 AM
Well....Since MOST of us don't have social lives....What else can we do?...Play WoW YEAH RIGHT THAT IS GAY BEYOND SHIT...PSU...Well...That's worth failing school

littleman2347
Jul 30, 2006, 10:32 AM
i have one i just need psu

Zeota
Jul 30, 2006, 12:40 PM
PSU affect my schoolin'? Maybe just a bit. Like some of you, I too am in college.

ulyoth
Jul 30, 2006, 01:20 PM
I know for a fact that PSO affected my grades in a bad way, my GCSE's i got 8 C's because of Ep3 and i failed my AS levels because of the PSOBB AOL cup XD (wasnt liking it anyway) Now im at another college and its all Assignment based so almost no Homework as such. This is going to be the best time ever for me to play PSU, ill just have to lay off the overtime for a long time.

Inazuma
Jul 30, 2006, 04:23 PM
PSO > school and social life

*edit* actually its more like, PSO = school and social life. thx to pso i know many cool ppl, lots of em japanese. and talking w/ those jp players has taught me a considerable amount of the jp language, including hundreds of kanji.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2006-07-30 14:25 ]</font>

DoctorShasta
Jul 30, 2006, 05:12 PM
It probably won't affect it all that much but just make me incredibly frustrated at school for giving me homework.

Zeota
Jul 31, 2006, 06:13 PM
I usually don't play (as much) when there's something big going on like prepping for a test or the impending due date of a project.

CherryLunar
Jul 31, 2006, 08:13 PM
I'll be starting college in the fall. MMO's dont distract me as much as the used to, so I don't see myself falling into any trouble. Although I could be wrong.

Shrevn
Jul 31, 2006, 08:53 PM
lol @ school

littleman2347
Aug 2, 2006, 04:59 PM
who needs homework didnt ever do it ne way

RedSummers
Aug 3, 2006, 08:01 PM
This is how it works, skool is 20% hm 1% hanging with pals (when i say hanging I mean going out and doing stuff and staying in and playing games) is another 20% 59%is games! sleep is not a %

I also picked the so much i'd fail. now i tihnk you need one more in there cuz im not going to play a little, im not going to play so litte wont do anything to me, and im not going to fail my life for a game. a, I'll play alot would be good, well BYE

- Jack RedSummers

DevilsArm
Aug 3, 2006, 09:48 PM
it wont affect me. ill be a senior with 5 classes, one of them being gym so 4 classes really where i will be given work so i can do that and then work. but i can juggle all 3 hopefully

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 4, 2006, 12:10 AM
Studying tends to make me do worse on tests somehow so that's not a problem. Projects and reports ae things that I put off till the last minute no matter what, so that's not a problem either. I never bother to cut class unless by accident, so that isn't a problem either. Yeah, I'm safe to say that PSU won't be affecting my performance in school.