PDA

View Full Version : Help please with my computer

scott1114
Jul 30, 2006, 04:52 PM
Hi, I bought 512mb more RAM for PSU but I don't know how to install it. I don't know where it goes in computer so could anyone plz explain me how to do it?( with illustartions if possible, but if not its ok) I know some of you guys are really pro with computer so I'm asking for your help

VioletSkye
Jul 30, 2006, 05:02 PM
First of all, are you sure you got the correct type of RAM for your system? Is this a desktop or a laptop? How much RAM did you have to start with?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-07-30 15:03 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jul 30, 2006, 05:29 PM
You can continue the topic in here
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=115943&forum=20&64

Fleece
Jul 30, 2006, 06:04 PM
Scott you really shouldve asked before you went shopping.....you might have something your system cant take... sorry to break the news to you. Uhmm Personal Message me or Violetskye and we'll probably get back to you with help.

Well i will, i cant speak for violet......although they know theyre shit......I'm usually always online.

Pheromone
Jul 30, 2006, 08:07 PM
open up your computer.. it will be blatantly obvious where it is supposed to go... if it isnt... try finding your favorite book on your bookshelf. if you can't find that.... its hopeless...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pheromone on 2006-07-30 18:07 ]</font>

Fleece
Jul 30, 2006, 08:33 PM
Pheromone you spoon he might have DDR2 in his hand and only a DDR1 Motherboard if he puts that in it could damage it, Also he might have bought DDR for an SDRAM Motherboard and he may damage it forcing the memory inside AND he may have different memory timings on the new stick that are faster/ slower than the memory he already has in.

Jesus, YOU critisize him for not knowing where to put the memory, yet YOU might be damaging his computer with your "Advice", Your clearly the bigger moron.

Dhylec
Jul 30, 2006, 08:41 PM
Again, please use the link I have given for the continuation of this topic. It's now a floating sticky.
Or if prefered, I can have this moved to Off-topic or Tech Support.