PDA

View Full Version : IRC PSU Gameplay Discussion Channel!

Kamica
Jul 30, 2006, 06:22 PM
The new channel is at irc.gamesurge.net #psujp

Here is what you need to do in order to get mirc working and to join the channel:
1.First download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com
2.Install mIRC.
3.Run mIRC. Press continue at the first menu.
4.After that, the mIRC Options Menu should open up.
5.On the menu you see right now, enter your name, email(doesnt have to be a real email), and Nickname. Your nickname will be your mIRC username.
6.On the left frame under "Category", click on Servers.
7.Press the Edit Button
8.A new menu should pop up. Under IRC Server, replace whatever's in there with irc.gamesurge.net
9.Under Port(s), replace whatever's in there with 6667.
10.Press Ok
11.Press Connect To Server.
12.Wait a minute or two until a menu pops up. Close that menu.
13.On the window you see, type in /join #psujp

As the name implies, this is a gameplay discussion for the japenese release version of the game.
There will be another channel made for the US release for when the time gets closer. The reasoning behind making the channels seperate is for there to be less confusion for when both games are released at the same time. It would become a pain to organize parties and the such.

Anybody is welcome to join. It is however preferred to keep the channel more closely representative to what the import community is going to look like.

See you in irc!

Mewn
Jul 30, 2006, 06:32 PM
The more the merrier, heh.

Tycho
Jul 30, 2006, 07:02 PM
I'll be there. Unless I forget about it in the next month or some other #psu gets more popular or something. XP

Tystys
Jul 30, 2006, 07:32 PM
This is a pretty good idea, considering the one PSO world has is really jus the most random thing on the planet, XD

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 30, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'll be in in a while, currently at work. Thanks for lettin everyone know about this Kamica. Yes, i agree, the current #psow is not really in any serious sense talking about PSU or PSO. (infact PSU beta stuff was even frowned upon...) Thus why this exists now. (and yes i haven't even talked to the others about this, so currently this isn't PSO World endorsed either.) Oh, remember, there is no nickserv. its authserv there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-07-30 19:16 ]</font>

turtle323
Jul 30, 2006, 11:05 PM
what is it psujp for the channel or /join #psujp

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 31, 2006, 12:47 AM
Don't try javachat with this.

/server irc.gamesurge.net
/join #psujp

PandaMasterX4
Aug 2, 2006, 04:59 PM
You can also use rizon.net then go /join #psujp

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 2, 2006, 10:47 PM
actually no, that's no place for a PSU channel, and to state how would violate rules, infact you broke rules just by bringing up that network. (i think...)

Asim
Aug 2, 2006, 11:25 PM
Cool place, already affiliated with the people.

Getintothegame
Aug 3, 2006, 12:09 AM
I wish it was just #psu....

Having seperate IRC chats for both versions of the game is a bad idea. I'm for unifying them.

Kamica
Aug 3, 2006, 12:34 AM
On 2006-08-02 22:09, Getintothegame wrote:
I wish it was just #psu....

Having seperate IRC chats for both versions of the game is a bad idea. I'm for unifying them.

I earnestly cant think of a reason TO unify them.

Different servers
Different parties(different people)
Different versions
Different intentions

Now if only importers were allowed to enter the channel then I could start to see a little bit of an issue with have seperate channels, but that isnt the case.

Like I said before, US version will get their own channel. The purpose of the channels are for GAMEPLAY. Since the GAMEPLAY is split, the channels should be. It is as simple as that. I think every other importer agrees with me on this matter.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 3, 2006, 01:10 AM
Unforutnately we'd have to fight Penn State University for that channel... not quite sure why they're on the network in the first place. At this point we're just testing the network and if the need comes we could always move elsewhere. I've got some pull with a couple of privates that we could set up on as well.

Mewn
Aug 3, 2006, 11:46 AM
I agree with Kamica that the servers should remain seperate, at least for now. The only problem may be that when the US version releases, the JP channel may shrivel up and become a virtual ghost town if most of the importers move to US (as I suspect many will).

AeraLure
Aug 3, 2006, 12:06 PM
I'll be there soon. Planning on importing and being online with it at least until the US release date where I may be switching to the US version.

kyori
Aug 8, 2006, 05:01 AM
What the, when the heck did this happen. I've been the keeping closed beta channel in limbo in participation for this. I'll still be opening an actual jp discussion channel on the same server about a week before...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-08-08 03:01 ]</font>

VectormanX
Aug 11, 2006, 09:22 PM
I'll give it a shot. I've never used IRC before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Inazuma
Aug 11, 2006, 09:27 PM
hi vectorman (^_^)/ its midori from psobb jp

VectormanX
Aug 11, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hey midori! ^_^ good to see you! Hopefully I can figure out some more info about JP PSU in the irc channel. I have a friend from US BB that wants on as well, and I directed him to this topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VectormanX on 2006-08-11 19:44 ]</font>

Alisha
Aug 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
isnt rizon involved with anime torrents and such? how is that breaking the rules?

LightBreaker
Aug 12, 2006, 03:20 AM
I'm on now and it is kind of dead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I plan on importing and just recently found someone in Japan via ebay who would be willing to pick me up some netcash cards. So I'm all set.

Kamica
Aug 14, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-08-12 01:20, LightBreaker wrote:
I'm on now and it is kind of dead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I plan on importing and just recently found someone in Japan via ebay who would be willing to pick me up some netcash cards. So I'm all set.

The channel has its high and lows. A lot of people are waiting until the game is released to join the channel. Also, I would say the most activity is in the afternoon, not in the middle of the night.

Zeota
Aug 16, 2006, 02:32 PM
All you importers out there, be sure to come on in if you haven't already. We're plotting to take over Neudaiz.

Emrald
Aug 16, 2006, 02:41 PM
are you aloud in if your not importing to ask questions aobut gameplay for when us comes out?

LightBreaker
Aug 16, 2006, 02:42 PM
Neudaiz? When was this discussed? D: I must of missed it...

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 16, 2006, 03:25 PM
Non-importers are allowed as well. Its just a lot of stuff that we talk about most likely won't make sense, but there's also so casual talk in there as well.

For those who don't want to download mirc, you can also connect at http://www.gamesurge.net

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-08-16 13:27 ]</font>

Pheromone
Aug 17, 2006, 04:48 PM
It can be a fun place, but at times the environemnt is highly immature. And for those who wish a nice, peaceful time in a chatroom, there is no perceptible structure of just punishment. Just remember to not feed the flames and you will be okay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pheromone on 2006-08-17 16:51 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 18, 2006, 11:55 AM
soooo.... has anything new been learned about PSU during these chat sessions? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kamica
Aug 19, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-08-18 09:55, Saner wrote:
soooo.... has anything new been learned about PSU during these chat sessions? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not too much actually. We have a couple of people in the channel who are playing the premiere disc but weve been saying most of the changes in topics. The biggest change that may or may not have been mentioned before is that NPCs can now be leveled. That means tha you cant be an exp hog and you need to have a well rounded team.

Inazuma
Aug 19, 2006, 09:57 PM
npcs can be leveled? in the pc closed beta, the npc was always 3 levels higher than the player. they would level as you would. how exactly did they change it? can the npc be stuck at a low level if you dont take the time to level them?

Kamica
Aug 19, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-08-19 19:57, Inazuma wrote:
npcs can be leveled? in the pc closed beta, the npc was always 3 levels higher than the player. they would level as you would. how exactly did they change it? can the npc be stuck at a low level if you dont take the time to level them?

NoNoNo

This is for the offline story mode

Inazuma
Aug 20, 2006, 01:33 AM
oh offline -_- ok

Kou-Diacyper
Aug 20, 2006, 07:16 AM
I will be there.

Saner
Aug 20, 2006, 07:27 AM
wait what does NPCs leveling have to do with exp hogging?

oh like if an NPC finishes off an enemy, only they get the exp?

this is strange.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 20, 2006, 09:00 AM
no, ethan gets exp too.

DrewSeleski
Aug 21, 2006, 05:03 PM
Where is the authserv thing for this?

Kamica
Aug 21, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-08-21 15:03, DrewSeleski wrote:
Where is the authserv thing for this?

I believe it would be here

http://www.gamesurge.net/

Arrow203
Aug 22, 2006, 01:43 PM
I can see where Mewn is coming from, and yea alot of importers will move to the US Version, but there will be those few who dont, not to mention there still isnt "that" many ppl in IRC atm.

Asim
Aug 23, 2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah, authserv is really good because it connects you automatically, I think that's because not many people occupy that server.

Getintothegame
Aug 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
Alright. I'm just thinking ahead, though. Like it's been mentioned, the channel might go ghost after the US release.

Anyhoo, I'm on. Nosepickr.

Mewn
Aug 23, 2006, 03:59 PM
It might become a ghost town, but from what I'm seeing there is a strong core of people who will likely remain on PSU JP even after the release of the US version. While I'm somewhat concerned that the availablity of NetCash via NCSX will make getting on easier for hackers, it does also mean there are more importers who can now pay for the game, and will likely stay.

mech259_
Aug 24, 2006, 06:09 PM
Well, I would really hate to lose out on all the work I'll put into my character on JP PSU, so I'll try and stay on the JP version for as long as possible. But if too many people quit/move, I won't mind moving to the US version.

Nika
Aug 25, 2006, 03:42 AM
Isn't it easier to discuss here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-08-25 01:43 ]</font>

Kamica
Aug 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
On 2006-08-25 01:42, Nika wrote:

What do you mean?

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2006, 10:40 PM
no it's easier to discuss in an irc away from some people that are too lazy and useless to get on it

Arrow203
Aug 26, 2006, 11:42 PM
Hey now, i'm on it all the time <.<...

-Shimarisu-
Aug 27, 2006, 10:30 PM
THIS CHANNEL HAS CHANGED MY LIFE!

It really has. T_T

Nisshoku
Aug 27, 2006, 10:32 PM
For the better or for worse, we have yet to determine. >_>

Mewn
Aug 28, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-08-25 01:42, Nika wrote:

Forums and IRC are two very different beasts. The advantages of IRC are that you can communicate in real-time (obviously), and that makes discussions on, say, images or news a bit quicker moving than on forums.

Meeting other players too, is a good thing, and a fair bit easier on IRC imo. Already the channel has it's own little community of regulars, most of whom will be on PSU JP, which will make things a lot easier when it comes to meeting up and playing with each other.

Kamica
Aug 29, 2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with Mewn. IRC is often more convenient and faster than instant messaging or guild cards for arranging parties.

ayrista
Aug 29, 2006, 01:47 PM
I cant get on irc at work :/ its being blocked somehow, but i have it at home and ill be on in the evenings now, (EST)

look forward to meeting everyone, my user name is Opy

Kamica
Aug 30, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-08-29 11:47, ayrista wrote:
I cant get on irc at work :/ its being blocked somehow, but i have it at home and ill be on in the evenings now, (EST)

look forward to meeting everyone, my user name is Opy

I am glad you made it Opythia

Welcome to the channel.

Discussion has really picked up lately due to the large influx of news recently.

Arrow203
Aug 30, 2006, 11:19 PM
Yea sorry i couldn't import ; ; i just dont have the money... been Upgrading my system for PSU, I MIGHT import alittle later on.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 1, 2006, 12:59 AM
Ya, those of us who ordered from shim are going to soon get our copies of the game, as well as the sega direct bonuses.

Kamica
Sep 2, 2006, 08:38 PM
I would like to mention that the channel has story mode experts.

Whenever I get stuck on story mode, someone in the channel always helps me to get get through.