PDA

View Full Version : I.E., Your Equip

PALRAPPYS
Jul 30, 2006, 08:55 PM
Hey... I'm kinda confused.... what do you have in your equip, what can you equip? You know?

Here's like an example:

- Weapon
- Armor
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- unit 3
- Unit 4
- SUV Weapon (casts)
- Barrier
- Special Enhancing Item?

Would that be correct? Am I missing something? What is where and that kinda stuff?

The-King
Jul 30, 2006, 09:24 PM
Wouldn't one of them have your PM in there? Somwhere? Anywhere?

Ka0s
Jul 30, 2006, 09:29 PM
No i'm pretty sure you can't equip your PM. It's in your room or you can bring it with you to help you in battle but when you do that it fights on it's own like a party member

-Klaus-
Jul 30, 2006, 09:34 PM
If your PM evolves into it's humanoid stage, it'll give you it's hunter's card, and that's how you call it out into battle.

Kyuu
Jul 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
The way it works is thusly:

Weapon (with your linked PAs, BAs, or technics)
Armor (your ability to equip units is no longer governed by your armor, I don't believe)
Head Unit (generally affects TAP/MST or casting in some way)
Arm Unit (generally affects ATP/ATA)
Body Unit (generally affects DFP/EVP)
Extra Unit (this is where SUVs and Nanoblasts go)

The "shield line system" and your armor are the same thing. There are no barriers this time around. And yes, there are units to go in your Extra Unit slot for if you're not a beast or cast (the ones present in beta just increased your Endurance stat a bit, I believe).

You can see the currently known items at PSUpedia (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page).

(Any beta testors, please correct me if I'm mistaken about any part of this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-30 20:08 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jul 30, 2006, 10:25 PM
I don't think Nanoblasts go in the Extra Unit slot.
I may be wrong though.

Ka0s
Jul 30, 2006, 11:00 PM
I remember reading somewhere that to get nanoblasts that you need to get a tattoo of some sort

Saner
Jul 30, 2006, 11:01 PM
they might. Nanoblasts have different types of tattooes available, so I think there will be an option to change your Nanoblast tattoo. and the extra slot comes to mind.

then again, the tattoo might not take up a slot.

Lyrise
Jul 31, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-07-30 20:05, Kyuu wrote:

Armor (your ability to equip units is no longer governed by your armor, I don't believe)

The "shield line system" and your armor are the same thing. There are no barriers this time around. And yes, there are units to go in your Extra Unit slot for if you're not a beast or cast (the ones present in beta just increased your Endurance stat a bit, I believe).

Your ability to equip units is still dictated by your armor, and now like you mentioned, the type of slots it contains. Everything else is spot on though.

Kyuu
Jul 31, 2006, 01:24 AM
On 2006-07-30 22:48, Lyrise wrote:

Your ability to equip units is still dictated by your armor, and now like you mentioned, the type of slots it contains. Everything else is spot on though.

Ah, so armors are still generated with a certain number of slots? Interesting, I thought that'd been done away with. Hopefully we get some AddSlots.

Fleece
Jul 31, 2006, 05:33 AM
if extra slots can only be used by newmans / humans then itd make up for them not having Nanoblast and SUV's

RFB
Jul 31, 2006, 07:31 AM
Extra slots can be used by anyone. Hell, SUVs are an extra slot o_O

PALRAPPYS
Jul 31, 2006, 06:20 PM
Hm? Says on psupedia.com that SUV's go in the extra slot. Oh yeah, there's a guest reading this post right now! (or at least was) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kyuu
Aug 1, 2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah, that's what Fleece meant. Newmans/humans being able to use the Extra Unit Slot for some extra stat boosts rather than having an SUV or Nanoblast occupying the slot is a small equalizer. Though of course, beasts and casts can put in a stat-boosting unit there also, rather than their SUV or Nanoblast tattoo.

Vetsent
Aug 1, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-07-30 20:05, Kyuu wrote:

You can see the currently known items at PSUpedia (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page).

(Any beta testors, please correct me if I'm mistaken about any part of this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-30 20:08 ]</font>

What about the Units that say something about adding a flame aura to your animations?

mechatra
Aug 1, 2006, 02:38 PM
^

Visual effects on your characters are created by units that go in the Extra slot.

At least the two that we've seen in the beta were.