PDA

View Full Version : Extra mode voice overs

Oreic
Jul 31, 2006, 02:03 AM
I was wondering does anyone no if extra mode has them and if so will the extra mode character talk? Also when npc are talking to you what will they call you? Because it would be wierd if tryed to say it(which I can't imagine them trying.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pepsi.gif

Saner
Jul 31, 2006, 02:07 AM
well they would not call you by your name. they might refer to you as a Guardian.

voice/grunts would be in Extra mode just like Online mode,

because both use the same character creation system which includes the option to customize your character's type of voice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-07-31 00:08 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jul 31, 2006, 02:12 AM
Extra Mode will be more like playing online than the Story Mode. There won't be cutscenes or anything of that nature. If the NPCs do say anything at all, it will likely be in the form of text bubbles, where it is rather easy to insert your character's name if necessary. The only "voiceovers" you'll be hearing in Extra Mode are the grunts and exclamations as your character swings weapons/shoot guns/uses technics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-31 00:12 ]</font>

Oreic
Jul 31, 2006, 02:15 AM
So what your saying is that Ethan's voice can be altered?

Kers
Jul 31, 2006, 02:21 AM
I would think his character detail is less customizable than player created characters, because there is no inital character creation menu.

DrewSeleski
Jul 31, 2006, 02:24 AM
On 2006-07-31 00:15, Oreic wrote:
So what your saying is that Ethan's voice can be altered?

In extra mode you create your own character instead of using Ethan. When making your character you can select from a number of voices and get to adjust the pitch as well. Ethan's voice can't be changed as far as I know.

Kers
Jul 31, 2006, 02:36 AM
It would be pretty funny to see the hero of the Gurhal System extremely overweight, higher-pitch voice, pink hair, and sporting some bad eyeliner. Though we only know you can change his cloths, we may be able to give him all but the width and high pitch.

Saner
Jul 31, 2006, 04:27 AM
there is no character creation for story mode so you can't adjust anything about Ethan except the weapons he uses and stuff like that.

so no you can't change his voice lol. because he has pre-recorded voiceovers for the cutscenes anyways.

Earthsunderer
Jul 31, 2006, 07:39 AM
Well, his cloths and that of his travelling companions, you can alter in the story mode.

DamonKatu
Jul 31, 2006, 09:42 AM
*ROFL at Kers' post* Thats funny! yea true that we can only change his clothes but we can STILL fully customize our online characters. thats cool still...Ooo A cold pepsi *grabs it off the board and chuges it*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2006-07-31 07:48 ]</font>

Saner
Jul 31, 2006, 03:58 PM
well ya the clothes can be changed, they demonstrated cutscenes with Ethan wearing different clothes.

but I haven't heard the other characters being customizable in clothes.

DoctorShasta
Aug 1, 2006, 10:59 AM
Yea but would you really wanna change Ethan? He looks pretty bad ass to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tystys
Aug 1, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-08-01 08:59, DoctorShasta wrote:
Yea but would you really wanna change Ethan? He looks pretty bad ass to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, you're all alone there buddy XD

Saner
Aug 1, 2006, 11:43 AM
well Ethan is very muscular! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

have you even seen him without a jacket!? O.O

he is ripped! diesel! especially for a kid his age!

Tystys
Aug 1, 2006, 11:45 AM
Keep it in your pants.

And remind me how you have 1380 posts, but I've been here longer, -_-.

Kyuu
Aug 1, 2006, 12:29 PM
On 2006-08-01 09:45, Tystys wrote:
Keep it in your pants.

And remind me how you have 1380 posts, but I've been here longer, -_-.

She's a more active poster than you are?