PDA

View Full Version : Has any new techniques been heard of?

Superchicken
Aug 1, 2006, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know if there are new techniques on PSU?

Kyuu
Aug 1, 2006, 12:34 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2355#List

Vetsent
Aug 1, 2006, 12:56 PM
Oh,I was talking to him earlier and I belive he means to say any new yet(I know him,I was talking to him on the phone).Sometimes someone may get alerted to something right before the PSO-world staff does,or sometimes way before the PSO-world staff does.

I think what he means is have there been any updates to like new pictures of NosuZonde,info on the light light and dark techniques,or even if there are more Barta's

Vetsent
Aug 1, 2006, 01:12 PM
Besides,it doesn't look like that page in the guide has been updated for a while because that's is exactly what it was like when I joined.

Superchicken
Aug 1, 2006, 01:22 PM
Are they still going to have zonde,gizonde,razonde, as techniques or just have nosuzonde and higher?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superchicken on 2006-08-01 11:32 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Aug 1, 2006, 01:25 PM
I've heard rumors of other technique branches such as damudeega, but nothing on those has been confirmed as of yet. (Honestly, I think it's nothing more than fan speculation.) All of the techs that we have listed in the guide are the only ones that have been revealed so far. (Note however that the names for the support techs shifta, deband, jellen and zalure have not been confirmed. There's a slight possibility that their names might change, especially considereing that anti was changed to regene. Also, we might get even more support techs that do things such as increase one's tech-casting abilities and defense. I can hardly wait to see what new stuff awaits us! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-08-01 11:25 ]</font>

Vetsent
Aug 1, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-08-01 11:22, Superchicken wrote:
So they have techniques that surpasses Razonde or is it a new technique move?

It hasn't been revealed yet if the branches are stronger or just the same level as the Ra-(insert tech name here) moves with different formations and ways of attacking yet,right EspioKaos.

Superchicken
Aug 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
Is there any new element attacks like Earth?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superchicken on 2006-08-01 11:58 ]</font>

Vetsent
Aug 1, 2006, 01:40 PM
On 2006-08-01 11:35, Superchicken wrote:
Is there any new element attacks?

Well,there is Deega,GiDeega,and RaDeega,but with some new status ailments like virus and such there could be more and possibly nuetral techniques.

DoctorShasta
Aug 1, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yea the new techniques look pretty cool we'll just have to wait to see if there is more. But what I find odd is how barta got short changed, only 2?

A2K
Aug 1, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-08-01 11:25, EspioKaos wrote:
There's a slight possibility that their names might change, especially considereing that anti was changed to regene.

They might be making it a little more accurate towards the "original" techniques. In PS4, Anti only healed poison, while Regen... well, actually, Regen (which only Raja possessed, if I'm not mistaken) did a lot more than heal status effects. It restored full health too (even if dead), didn't it?

Well, it's still closer to Regen than it is to Anti, I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-08-01 11:54 ]</font>

Vetsent
Aug 1, 2006, 02:02 PM
On 2006-08-01 11:50, DoctorShasta wrote:
Yea the new techniques look pretty cool we'll just have to wait to see if there is more. But what I find odd is how barta got short changed, only 2?

Maybe a new Barta hasn't been revealed and that's all.I doubt they would mess with the Barta series of moves so bad.

Superchicken
Aug 1, 2006, 02:11 PM
Has there been any info about double casting as an ability? like zonde and foie at the same time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superchicken on 2006-08-01 12:19 ]</font>

mechatra
Aug 1, 2006, 02:34 PM
No, none of that.

you can equip different elemental technics to the same weapon, but you only can cast one at a time.

Superchicken
Aug 1, 2006, 02:43 PM
Is there any items that can adjust your character like a item that Decreases casting time? so you can cast techniques quicker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superchicken on 2006-08-01 12:48 ]</font>

Mewn
Aug 1, 2006, 02:51 PM
Yes, I know of one - a Head Unit called Mei/Quick - which increases your casting speed. It decreases your Technic Attack Power (TAP) by 30, however.

Vetsent
Aug 1, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-08-01 12:51, Stormspear wrote:
Yes, I know of one - a Head Unit called Mei/Quick - which increases your casting speed. It decreases your Technic Attack Power (TAP) by 30, however.

And it's counterpart,Mei/Concentrate,which increases casting speed,but also increases TAP by 90.

Kyuu
Aug 2, 2006, 01:41 AM
On 2006-08-01 21:11, Vetsent wrote

And it's counterpart,Mei/Concentrate,which increases casting speed,but also increases TAP by 90.

You mean decreases casting speed (i.e. makes spells take longer to cast), while increasing TAP by 90.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-01 23:42 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Aug 2, 2006, 02:35 AM
I expect that there will also be Nosufoie, Nosubarta, Gigrants, etc...
Also there will be spells that (finally) also change EVP and ATA of your team or enemies, I know this because of the stat changes in the guide. And virus/confuse/poison will probably be attached to dark spells. But it's all speculation on my part. But I have a BIG question. We know about spells and PP attacks and stuff, but do we know HOW to acquire them, and if possible, HOw to level them up? Nothing has been said about this yet.

Kers
Aug 2, 2006, 02:51 AM
http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2355

You can buy them in a shop at level 1 and they level up by using them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-08-02 00:55 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Aug 2, 2006, 06:39 AM
Ok thx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EspioKaos
Aug 2, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-08-01 11:31, Vetsent wrote:
It hasn't been revealed yet if the branches are stronger or just the same level as the Ra-(insert tech name here) moves with different formations and ways of attacking yet,right EspioKaos.
Right. Not counting the deega family, the only new technique that we've seen in any format is damufoie, and that's only from a few random screenshots. From what I can tell, that tech appears to be like a flamethrower, shooting a constant, expanding wave of fire in front of the caster. From what I can imagine going by the icon for nosuzonde seen in one screen, that tech might be one where the caster casts a bolt of zonde forward and once it reaches a certain distance it explodes outward into a number of bolts that scatter in different directions. (Of course, this is only speculation on my part from looking at a tiny icon. The actual way this technique works may be different.)

Vetsent
Aug 3, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-08-01 23:41, Kyuu wrote:

On 2006-08-01 21:11, Vetsent wrote

You mean decreases casting speed (i.e. makes spells take longer to cast), while increasing TAP by 90.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-01 23:42 ]</font>

Sorry,I meant it inceases casting time,not speed.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 3, 2006, 06:06 PM
Question! Casting is still instant correct?

Ryna
Aug 3, 2006, 06:12 PM
On 2006-08-03 16:06, PandaMasterX4 wrote:
Question! Casting is still instant correct?

There is a slight delay as you go through a casting animation. The casting time on a Wand is quicker than a Staff.

As for the guide, it is fairly up-to-date. We haven't seen any new techniques in a while.

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 06:18 PM
maybe there's a Rappapa technique that turns allies into Rappies that have enhanced evasion for a duration. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FO- "Rappapa!"

RA- "What the-" O_O

RA- "chirrrrp!" OvO

*monster bonks RA*

RA- "oomph!" @v@

FO- "uhmmm...so much for maxed out evasion." ^_^;

*monster bonks FO too*

FO- "ack!" @_@