PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation: Character height question

JJ
Aug 1, 2006, 02:41 PM
I haven't seen this question addressed anywhere and its just a minor thing thats been bugging me so... Based on the beta creation it looks like any race, regardless of sex can be the same sizes. Does it just seem that way in the creation and different when your character gets online or ? Cause it would be kind of weird having humans and newman being able to be the same height as andriods or beasts.

AeraLure
Aug 1, 2006, 04:47 PM
Rewatching a creation video from the beta, the default heights for Newman and Casts start at a different spot on the slider. Casts start by default a little taller. The max height on each does indeed appear to be the same, so the answer to your question appears to be yes.

I dont have a problem with that myself so much. Beasts are modified humans and casts are made in the likeness of humans. Newmans could be roughly human-sized. Guess its up to players to choose their heights on how they feel they ought to be. I agree a giant Newman would look a bit odd. My Newmans I dont make very tall, but then again I dont make any of my characters very tall lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-08-01 14:51 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 1, 2006, 04:50 PM
there's nothing unnatural about some Humans being taller than certain Casts. or some Newmans being taller than Beasts, etc. etc.

Authenticate
Aug 1, 2006, 05:23 PM
How would it be weird for newmans and humans to be taller than a cast and beast? The shorter you are the lower your center of gravity, which gives you better balance. Or something? Being bigger isn't neccesarily better.

I just know that guy that got peeved at me for poking fun at short people is going to call my a hypocrit. >.>

DraginHikari
Aug 1, 2006, 06:11 PM
I messed around a little with the height setting on mine, actually it's only looks weird if you just adjust the height, you've got to mess with the body shifting some to make it look right.

Roffkaiser
Aug 1, 2006, 06:13 PM
Well they could have something like in SWG where wookies can be like 8+ feet tall and Humans can only be like 64 at the most. I would much rather it be up to the players though.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 1, 2006, 06:44 PM
whats with the racism? why can't humans, newmans, beasts, and casts have the same potential of being short or tall or whatever?

Ether
Aug 1, 2006, 08:11 PM
The only difference between humans beasts and newmans are ears and slight facial features