PDA

View Full Version : Macros

AvianKaitos
Aug 2, 2006, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know if you can assign text and emotes into one macro like you can in other MMOs?

Also, I saw one video of the beta where someone used a recording feature, if that’s true will the PS2 have that feature? :/

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 2, 2006, 01:27 PM
I hope so. In the Matrix Online you could use macros to change ability loadouts, and that saved you about 5 minutes there. Very handy.

I'm doubtful on the PS2 having the macro feature.

Nuclearranger
Aug 2, 2006, 01:32 PM
Im doubting the PS2 version will have many extra features like that due to the game not requireing a Harddrive. And the fact that the game might allready be pressing the system to its limits.
We will see when its releced if the game chunks out on sertain parts.

DarK-SuN
Aug 2, 2006, 01:42 PM
It has PSO styled macros for text messages and so on, no worries there.

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 12:17 PM
the emotes are already assigned on keyboard macros.

as for text macros, that might be possible through the cut in chat feature.

because I seen cut in chats where it appears and a text bubble is linked to it.

in PSO DC, text can be macroed to the 4-way pad. and I think holding R trigger, you could access 4 more macroed text slots too.

but of course the D-pad this time is used for other functions.

so maybe any macroed text would requires a keyboard this time, which makes sense.

if you looky here:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2454

it shows ALT key combinations are used for emotes

it's possible perhaps CTRL combinations can be used for text macros. maybe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-03 10:22 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Aug 3, 2006, 01:03 PM
On 2006-08-02 11:27, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
I hope so. In the Matrix Online you could use macros to change ability loadouts, and that saved you about 5 minutes there. Very handy.

I'm doubtful on the PS2 having the macro feature.

FFXI for PS2 had a macro feature. Hold Ctrl or Alt + a number and there you have it.

Ryna
Aug 3, 2006, 01:18 PM
For text macros, you can use the F1-F12 keys. You can see the shortcut options here:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2431#Communications
(you'll have to scroll down to the end of the Communications section)

PandaMasterX4
Aug 3, 2006, 01:40 PM
PSO had macros with text only from what I recall. I think the limit of 6 options makes you play a little smarter, but I would love to shifta, deband, jellen, etc as well as have my nukes of Razonde, Gifoie, etc.

Sometimes 6 just wasn't enough for a Force.

hypersaxon
Aug 3, 2006, 01:48 PM
Quick question for anyone who knows: when you set up your weapon macros, specifically when you're playing as a Force, are you able to select the same Staff for example, and have different technics assigned to each macro? Or would you have to guy seperate Staffs in order to do something like that?

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 01:56 PM
I don't think there are weapon macros. there are already controller functions to swap weapons.

so I don't think the macro system is as deep as FF11 where you can shortcut any command, even equipment.

so if you wanna use the same staff with different techniques, you manually have to reassign it those techniques.

but that's okay since the menus are looking to be easy to navigate even while moving out of harm's way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

hypersaxon
Aug 3, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-08-03 11:56, Saner wrote:
I don't think there are weapon macros. there are already controller functions to swap weapons.

so I don't think the macro system is as deep as FF11 where you can shortcut any command, even equipment.

so if you wanna use the same staff with different techniques, you manually have to reassign it those techniques.

but that's okay since the menus are looking to be easy to navigate even while moving out of harm's way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

That's what I was referring to, the controller function (aka action palette).

And to be more specific, I meant that when you're setting up the action palette, are you able to assign the same weapon to each slot, but have different technics for each slot?

The reason I bring this up is because it would suck to have to buy 6 Staffs in order to cast all your spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-08-03 12:06 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 3, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-08-03 12:03, hypersaxon wrote:

The reason I bring this up is because it would suck to have to buy 6 Staffs in order to cast all your spells.

It'd be equally sucky to have one staff to which you bind all your technics. Each weapon has a limited supply of PP, so you'll need to be carrying around spare weapons anyway if you don't want to run out of PP 1/3 of the way through the mission.

Not to mention, you should be assigning different elements to different weapons anyway, so that you get the technic power bonuses from equipping multiple spells of the same element to that weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-03 12:32 ]</font>

Inazuma
Aug 3, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-08-03 12:03, hypersaxon wrote:

That's what I was referring to, the controller function (aka action palette).

And to be more specific, I meant that when you're setting up the action palette, are you able to assign the same weapon to each slot, but have different technics for each slot?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-08-03 12:06 ]</font>

well, going by the closed beta, you would have to have actually buy 6 total staves to quickly cast different techs.

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 02:38 PM
buying 6 staffs is not bad at all, I mean if you are going to be a Force then that's what you gotta do if you want the largest selection of available techniques.

besides each FO weapon can equip like 2 techs each. so with 6 staffs that's like 12 techniques. plus switching weapons is quick and easy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DizzyDi
Aug 3, 2006, 02:40 PM
Actually staffs hold 4 techs, wands hold 2.

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 02:42 PM
YAY!!!! you see???/ 6 wands = 24 techiques!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

plus as we seen in the videos, switching between weapons is quick and easy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Inazuma
Aug 3, 2006, 02:46 PM
Six 2-handed staves would give you a total of 24 slots for techniques. i like to have resta on every staff tho, so that cuts my total # of techs down.

but even w/ 24 different techs, that prob still wont be enough for all of em.

- 4 fire
- 4 ice
- 4 electric
- 4 earth
- resta, regene, shifta, deband, magic up, ata up, jellen, zalure, magic down, ata down, reverser
- grants
- megid

thats 29 techs. there could be more or less than what i wrote, since we dont know all of the techs yet. but it seems like no matter how you do it, you prob wont be able to have quick access to every tech.

it will be interesting to see how ppl deal w/ this. im gonna try my best to figure out some way to do it all.

hypersaxon
Aug 3, 2006, 02:48 PM
That kinda sucks. Oh well, looks like I'll have to fork over some extra change.

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 02:51 PM
- 4 fire
- 4 ice
- 4 electric
- 4 earth
- resta, regene, shifta, deband, magic up, ata up, jellen, zalure, magic down, ata down, reverser
- grants
- megid

well it's quite simple!

each wand should specifize in something. like resta, deband, shifta, and reverser

while otehrs specialize on offensive techs of different elements. the stronger versions of attack elements should of course replace the lower ones.

and others specilize on a mix of both. like magic up and megid.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 3, 2006, 02:52 PM
On 2006-08-03 12:46, Inazuma wrote:
Six 2-handed staves would give you a total of 24 slots for techniques. i like to have resta on every staff tho, so that cuts my total # of techs down.

but even w/ 24 different techs, that prob still wont be enough for all of em.

- 4 fire
- 4 ice
- 4 electric
- 4 earth
- grants
- megid

thats 29 techs. there could be more or less than what i wrote, since we dont know all of the techs yet. but it seems like no matter how you do it, you prob wont be able to have quick access to every tech.

it will be interesting to see how ppl deal w/ this. im gonna try my best to figure out some way to do it all.

That's why you always party with two Force. One buffer and debuffer and one nuker.

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 02:53 PM
well ya! that's another solution! partying with other Forces, etc. etc.

DizzyDi
Aug 3, 2006, 02:56 PM
You of course won't need access to EACH AND EVERY tech anyways so it should't be much of a problem.
You'll always need your healing staff (one equipped with buffs and/or debuffs and resta) and a staff that specializes in a certain element. So say you're going to parum and the enemies there are weak to ice. Well then you'll only need your ice staff.
Besides, a FO that only buffs won't be getting any XP since you have to at least hit enemies before they die to get an XP.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 3, 2006, 02:57 PM
Wait so are there going to be macro switches for weapons or will you need to go into the inventory and switch them manually?

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 03:40 PM
manually most likely. this is why people should prepare better and since you can switch between 6 weapons almost instantly, just set up your equipment before doing a mission.

but even during a mission/battle you can manually modify stuff, you just gotta know when's a good time to adjust whatever.

but ya with 6 weapon slots there is plenty of customization preparation and styles to make use of.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 3, 2006, 03:51 PM
So how does the weapon switch system work because the demo at E3 didn't have that. You set up Techs on each weapon and then pretty much go into your inventory and switch them depending on the situation right?

Saner
Aug 3, 2006, 03:55 PM
I think you select weapons with the d-pad or shoulder buttons, and you confirm with another button, then it appears in your hands.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 3, 2006, 03:58 PM
Well that's actually not too bad, but seeing as I'm gonna be on PC, I hope I can assign weapons to spefic keys.