PDA

View Full Version : PSU's version of TTF

zandra117
Aug 4, 2006, 07:28 PM
I hope that a quest like TTF doesn't get released on PSU. It made leveling way too easy and that caused people to start mindlessly playing the quest over and over and they did nothing else but TTF. It caused the game to get boring real fast. When people got to level 150 or so they tried to stop focusing on TTF but they couldn't find anyone willing to do something else with them so they just made a new character and started the TTF cycle all over again. It's soo annoying.

Ibuka
Aug 4, 2006, 07:40 PM
No more TTF u_u

Kyuu
Aug 4, 2006, 07:41 PM
I agree. It really was just a cheap way to gain experience fast.

PhotonCat
Aug 4, 2006, 07:56 PM
Why should you care what other people do? If people want to grind all day ranking up exp and getting lvls, how does it effect you?
Just because you don't want to play TTF all day and rush lvls doesn't mean other people shouldn't be able to.
It's like your afraid of other players being higher lvl than you or something. And don't tell me it "ruins" it. How does other people having fun ruin it for you? You also don't have to play with these people.

Ibuka
Aug 4, 2006, 08:00 PM
Well to me its not that i care. I just hate being asked to do TTF 24/7... Soon as someone join your game... "Hey wanna do TTF? *Joins game.. Doesn't even say hi.. Just says.. "TTF?

Alot of people are tired of that... It got so bad untill you had to make a team and name it "No TTF!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-08-04 18:16 ]</font>

zandra117
Aug 4, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-08-04 17:56, PhotonCat wrote:
Why should you care what other people do? If people want to grind all day ranking up exp and getting lvls, how does it effect you?
Just because you don't want to play TTF all day and rush lvls doesn't mean other people shouldn't be able to.
It's like your afraid of other players being higher lvl than you or something. And don't tell me it "ruins" it. How does other people having fun ruin it for you? You also don't have to play with these people.

I am forced to play with these people because I dont like playing alone and it is hard to find people that want to do anything else besides TTF. Everyone else is afraid of people being higher level than them because they play TTF to level instead of just enjoying the game and trying something new. They are afraid of playing something other than TTF because they fear others will pass their level if they stop playing the quest.

peenk
Aug 4, 2006, 08:45 PM
TTF is great for people like me.
I quit ALL latest MMORPGs just because I dont have the time to grind the xp anymore.
I hate grinds of any kind and hopefully PSU wont be as bad as lvl 200 was. I could barely reach 100 anyway.
Plus, your argument is sooooo BIAS I dont know why I even bother to explain it to you.
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKES kthx

zandra117
Aug 4, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-08-04 18:45, peenk wrote:
TTF is great for people like me.
I quit ALL latest MMORPGs just because I dont have the time to grind the xp anymore.
I hate grinds of any kind and hopefully PSU wont be as bad as lvl 200 was. I could barely reach 100 anyway.
Plus, your argument is sooooo BIAS I dont know why I even bother to explain it to you.
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKES kthx

Playing TTF over and over is grinding. and i dont see how my argument is biased.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-08-04 19:04 ]</font>

SolRiver
Aug 4, 2006, 09:20 PM
Well, people are always going to find the fastest way to level up. While people who like to enjoy the game would still just enjoy the game.

If anything, I would wish for 50+ different TTF that all give about the same exp at the same pace; this way we will have more variety in leveling.

Fleece
Aug 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
Hi, RT?

ANIMEniac
Aug 4, 2006, 11:10 PM
now u have to admit that when u are a half a lvl from using your new weap or getting to a new dificulty that TTF/RT is a nice quest. but u right, ppl just saying "lets ttf is anoying", the way i do it is Forest to Falz then TTF or Temple to Flow then rt. if it gets released like 2 years from now it will be fine by me so that the nub who wanna play catchup can, but i dont think they will start off with a quest like that.

Tycho
Aug 5, 2006, 04:21 AM
As long as quests don't all give an identical EXP vs. time rate, there will always be 'better' or 'best' ones. Wouldn't this kind of thing happen in most grinding games?

Chiba-kun
Aug 5, 2006, 04:28 AM
Thats exactly right, its unavoidable, if its not ttf, it will be something else. Just gotta live with it, content with the fact that your a real gamer who enjoys the game, not just constant griding for the sake of being higher than others.

Fleece
Aug 5, 2006, 07:39 AM
Most people will be concerned with trying to find rares for the first year or two anyway, I think. Also discovering new content will be another. people will have their own niche for the first year or two then the mass grinders will appear when people make new characters and want to catch up with those who got all theyre levels via discovering the game.

uhawww
Aug 5, 2006, 10:34 AM
LHS?

SpikeWT1
Aug 5, 2006, 11:30 AM
When you first play PSO tff was fine, but after a while it got very annoying. So as long as it isn't as bad as it was on PSO. I'll be fine with a version of TTF on PSU.

Saner
Aug 5, 2006, 12:13 PM
well this goes to show that the bigger the community, the less chances you'll meet TTF addicts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zandra117
Aug 5, 2006, 01:03 PM
I think that if they do make a TTF like quest they need to make it a limited time event quest. Also if a quest gives a huge easy amount of character exp in a short time it should give low job exp at the end of the quest.

physic
Aug 5, 2006, 03:31 PM
TTF was introduced when the game was old, and the game did infact need easier ways to get loads of EXP, sure when your 140 its fine and dandy, but when your 180 forest runs just dont do it anymore. Honestly to me TTF was fun as well. it was non stop carnage, i used to try to solo it and get S class on ult. Point is just because you dont like a quest doesnt mean others dont. Fact is there will always be places where the exp turns out to be faster/easier in any game. and grinders will go there. your only real solution is to associate with people who like doing different things. otherwise you will always be trapped in what ever area is considered best exp, whether it be lost heat sword or ruins runs

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 5, 2006, 03:45 PM
I can't imagine getting multiple alts into ult without TTF, so I don't really have a problem with it. Besides, for pure level grinding, non-quest Desert runs are far faster than TTF (300k in an hour? kthx).

Saner
Aug 5, 2006, 05:10 PM
about timers. I did notice a timer in some screenshots.

are there timed missions or does that count upwards?

I guess better ranks are based on mission time completion too?

MilkRocker
Aug 5, 2006, 10:15 PM
We've talked about class exclusivity and Saner brings up a solid point that I'll expand on:

What if, just what IF, quests do award more money or experience or general rewards for faster times? Would this go into players exluding, say, Newman Hunters and Beast Forces for the sake of doing a mission "right?" The foolishness in that mode of play comes from the probable time it would take to form an ideal party when, golly, you might just be able to do it twice with any ol' player with a slightly diminished reward.

But I hate speculation. Especially after a wedding. Margaritas are beautiful.

Eternal255
Aug 5, 2006, 11:02 PM
i loved ttf, sadly now that im stuck to offline again i gotta grind the old fasion way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Sure it made leveling a lot easier, but it still takes a while, and its a lot funner then mindlessly running F1-Falz or something all day

Dre_o
Aug 5, 2006, 11:25 PM
Boo TTF

Hooray gaining levels the hard way and finding stuff along the way!!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 6, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-08-05 21:25, Dre_o wrote:
Hooray gaining levels the hard way and finding stuff along the way!!

That's great for your first character, but for your fourth?

zandra117
Aug 6, 2006, 12:25 AM
Challenge is what makes games fun and TTF took away alot of that challenge. The game isn't too challenging to level up without playing TTF.

Dre_o
Aug 6, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-08-05 22:04, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

That's great for your first character, but for your fourth?

Deal with it, that's what. ST doesn't put TTF-ish things in, then they don't put them in. We've got to deal with it one way or another.

Saner
Aug 6, 2006, 03:47 AM
at least the hard way won't be as long, tedious and dull like FF11.
lol I always poke at FF11's flaws, but that just goes to show how much better off we are playing PSO and PSU games. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mewn
Aug 6, 2006, 08:13 AM
I don't mind a PSU version of TTF, there will always be certain quests that are good for certain things *shrugs*

Pure-chan
Aug 6, 2006, 11:17 AM
I thought TTF was fun.

...on Dreamcast.

If you want to see why they shouldn't include a TTF mission in PSU, logon to PSOBB and join every open game available on the populated blocks. Count how many open non-TTF games* you find. If the total sum of non-TTF games is more than say... 7 games, I'll bake you a pie and send it to you.

* Trade rooms / mag feeding rooms / Battle mode games excluded -- this offer is available only in the contenintal United States and Canada. AK, HI, RI and Puerto Rico are excluded. The maker of said pie reserves all rights in deciding the pie filling. Not recommended for children under 4. Products may contain traces of peanuts, partially hydrogenated palm oil and/or nar lilly jelly. Void where prohibited.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-08-06 09:25 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 6, 2006, 03:22 PM
I thought TTF was fun.

...on Dreamcast.

If you want to see why they shouldn't include a TTF mission in PSU, logon to PSOBB and join every open game available on the populated blocks. Count how many open non-TTF games* you find. If the total sum of non-TTF games is more than say... 7 games, I'll bake you a pie and send it to you.

* Trade rooms / mag feeding rooms / Battle mode games excluded -- this offer is available only in the contenintal United States and Canada. AK, HI, RI and Puerto Rico are excluded. The maker of said pie reserves all rights in deciding the pie filling. Not recommended for children under 4. Products may contain traces of peanuts, partially hydrogenated palm oil and/or nar lilly jelly. Void where prohibited.

wow you really are serious about that pie thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-06 13:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-06 13:24 ]</font>

DoctorShasta
Aug 6, 2006, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna be a newb here for a second I got to lvl 130 on PSO but I never heard of TTF.....

zandra117
Aug 6, 2006, 06:43 PM
On 2006-08-06 14:22, DoctorShasta wrote:
I'm gonna be a newb here for a second I got to lvl 130 on PSO but I never heard of TTF.....

You must play offline mode. Basically TTF, Duping, FSOD, and Hacks destroyed the online play on GC and Xbox.

TTF, DDwBP, and some fragments of early dupes are destroying PSOBB as we speak.

DoctorShasta
Aug 6, 2006, 09:17 PM
No I played online too, I know about duping hacks FSOD but what does TTF stand for? I'm sure I've heard of it I just can't seem to recall what it stands for/ means

Kyuu
Aug 6, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-08-06 16:43, zandra117 wrote:

TTF, DDwBP, and some fragments of early dupes are destroying PSOBB as we speak.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. DDwBP breathed new life into the game for many (including me), and the early dupes aren't "destroying" the game. It would be nice if they weren't there, but they've been there for a long time and PSOBB is still going. And TTF may be cheap exp, but it's also not "destroying" the game. The only thing that ever destroyed any of the games was the rampant malicious hacking (NOLs, FSODs, etc.), along with duping that was never dealt with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-06 19:42 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 7, 2006, 04:11 AM
What's a DDwBP? And I also dunno what a TTF is. Throw The Flag?

Oji_Retta
Aug 7, 2006, 05:32 AM
"To The Future"

Zeota
Aug 7, 2006, 06:21 AM
I wouldn't mind a TTF in PSU. At least it was an honest way to level up versus the stuff that was in GC - namely recoboxing, canabins, and the infamous "boss trick".

DoctorShasta
Aug 7, 2006, 11:16 AM
I never did leveling tricks in PSO I just kept doing runs through the dungeons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kyuu
Aug 7, 2006, 04:24 PM
DDwBP - Short for "Dangerous Deal with Black Paper," a quest recently added to the US PSOBB servers where you turn in Photon Crystals (a rare drop in episode 4 similar to Photon Drops, but much rarer and used in this quest rather than Gallon's Shop). After turning in the Photon Crystal, you are allowed to participate in one of three different fights (with a large number of Sand Rappies, Zus, or Dorphons). If you sucessfully kill all the enemies without dying, you are awarded prizes. The prizes depend upon the difficulty and the enemies you fought. You are not guaranteed any rares, but there are a wide variety of rares you can obtain this way, including some that aren't obtainable any other way. The rares will never have any percentages, though.

TTF - Short for "Towards the Future." A quest where you play through a very short segment of the Episode 1 dungeons, including the boss. Basically, a very quick way to get experience since the bosses award large amounts of exp. You used to also get prizes for achieving SS-rank (by having no-deaths, a fast time, and either killing every single enemy, or only killing a few select monsters and no others), but all you get now are a couple of cruddy rings that no one uses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-07 14:26 ]</font>

PandaMasterX4
Aug 7, 2006, 04:43 PM
DDwBP doesn't sound like a bad idea to me imo. FFXI had the same thing with beastmen seals. Of course beastmen seals were pretty rare on their own. You had to gather either 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80+ for a level capped quest which you can only take along either 2 other people or 5 other or 17 other depending on the quest and difficulty.

If PSO or PSU did this and level capped, I wouldn't think it would be too bad of a thing. Rares are never 100%, they're usually like 5%-15% which I have no problem with. People aren't rewarded exp in these quests, just money.

ST should implement ideas like that. The quick XP missions blow.

Longhair-nyu
Aug 7, 2006, 04:51 PM
TTF??!! What the?! PSU TrueTypeFonts??? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif
...just kidding, but which quest was TTF??

I think it was very easy to Lv up in PSO, i haven't played quests to much because i wanted to get into Ultimate with the lowest level i could...

I think it would be good if it would be a little harder to Lv up, it's just more fun to slay stong Monsters than weak ones. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/whip.gif

About the TrueTypeFont thing, it's a nice idea. Does someone of you know if there is a PSU Font Version out?