PDA

View Full Version : PSU questions, please respond

Inspektahdek
Aug 6, 2006, 08:44 PM
Ok, been a while since I've posted on this forum. I used to be known as Korosu and actually moderated PSOZ pso-zone back in the day from dreamcast, importing, all the way to the GC version then let down by the card game version. This year I've been really excited about PSU and my interest is rising to the point of considering importing it again. I have a few questions if you all don't mind answering or even guessing....

If I import PSU, will there be a way to play online in a way that we did with the import from version 2 on Dreamcast? I remember there was a bootable broadband passport and some other things we had to use online which was in Japanese. Will that or do you think there will be a way for american players to play before the US release?

Will there be an option in the import to switch the whole language to English like there was for all other versions of PSO?

I'm contemplating purchasing a 360 but my whole decision is based on if PSU is going to be compatible with [i]atleast[i/] the PC version so I can play with friends. I've read a few posts but what kind of link-up do you guys think is the most plausible at this point? PC-360? PC-PS2? PC-PS2 no 360?

If I get the PC version, do you think my computer specs are adequate, to atleast play it at normal settings (not high but not turned all the way down)
This question is mainly geared towards the people who are beta testing it and can provide an estimate on how well I could handle it. Anyways heres my laptop specs-

alienware laptop from 2004

3.4 ghz Pentium 4/ Hyperthread
1 gig RAM
128mb ATI RADEON 9700
60gig 7200rpm hitatchi HD

Would this be sufficient?

Thanks for any responses, answers or guesses!

MAGNUShunter
Aug 6, 2006, 08:45 PM
This thing could run on a ps2, so yeah, I think your laptop can handle it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
(sry, just couldn't resist)

Parn
Aug 6, 2006, 08:51 PM
The servers are seperated, so there is a 99.9% probability that the import will not have any multi-language options.

Fleece
Aug 6, 2006, 08:51 PM
your laptop is fine itll run it, Xbox is as yet unconfirmed but many believe its not connected but its coming out a few months after ps2 and pc and may even be 2007 so we may have to wait a while until we get any confirmation on that.

And IMO its PC>PS2>360

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 6, 2006, 09:01 PM
There has been no multi-language since episodes I&II. Episode III and PSOBB didn't have it.

Kyuu
Aug 6, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-08-06 18:51, Fleece wrote:

Xbox is as yet unconfirmed but many believe its not connected but its coming out a few months after ps2 and pc and may even be 2007 so we may have to wait a while until we get any confirmation on that.

Actually it's not "unconfirmed." It was confirmed quite a while ago that they had decided to link the PC and PS2, while keeping the Xbox 360 seperate. In an interview, Miyoshi-san said that the decision was not "finalized," but there have been no announcements contrary to their earlier stance, and it should be considered more and more unlikely that they will change their minds as time progresses and the release gets closer.