PDA

View Full Version : My thought about humans and the lack of "special" move

Ifrian
Aug 7, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well, lately i been thinking about the fact that newmans and humans has not any kind of special like the nanoblasts or the SUV weapons.
I been thinking that maybe , where HUmans will shine will be once they aqquire the "Expert mode".
As Humans are a race that are good developing any of the jobs , it is possible that they develop a lot better the expert mode that any other race.

As the expert mode is still not much clear , this is just a theory of mine , but if its possible to dual class , it is possible that humans ( and who knows , maybe also newmans) receive a lot less penalities or get more boosted when dual classing, or maybe have more options available to them.

What do you think about it?

Emrald
Aug 7, 2006, 01:20 PM
I agree...and I hope that happens with humans and newmans...espically newmans because my force will be my main

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 7, 2006, 01:39 PM
same here, I want humans to not suck and a newman that can be good without having to become a pure force or something.

Dhylec
Aug 7, 2006, 02:07 PM
Since not a lot of info given on Expert class, I speculate that it's a way to balance out being a human or newman character. Beast & Cast have NB & SUV to create more appeal, but Expert class will give Human & Newman a way to make up in the long run. ;]

Authenticate
Aug 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
Humans do get a special move. They can clone Sephiroth and DBZ people to create an unstopable army of 1337.

Numans don't get nuthin', though. Screw them pointy eared jerks and their apparently all female society.

Ifrian
Aug 7, 2006, 03:08 PM
hahaha
THat was a good one authenticate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ifrian on 2006-08-07 13:08 ]</font>

DoctorShasta
Aug 7, 2006, 03:55 PM
Hahaha way to go authenticate. Yes anyway I agree and right now I am struggling between a cast or human because humans will be able to have better dual classing but casts can just be the best at being what they are

Longhair-nyu
Aug 7, 2006, 04:09 PM
This Expert class special for Humans and Newmans sounds interesting, i hope the Newmans get something like this, because my primary character would be Newman Hunter.
But even if there would be nothing spacial they can do lately, i would play as a Newman...

Roffkaiser
Aug 7, 2006, 04:17 PM
Everyone can do the "Expert Type" but Humans will just most likely be the best at it since they are the most balanced. Newmans would be good at being a force and something else though.

Parn
Aug 7, 2006, 04:23 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people are so concerned about statistics, and how certain races "suck" with class X because stat Y isn't maxed out. Does it really matter that a newman hits a little less hard than a human? What is this, Final Fantasy XI? Who cares.

Roffkaiser
Aug 7, 2006, 04:30 PM
true that, though a cast as a force is always more entertaining, though not in the best of ways.

Kyuu
Aug 7, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-08-07 14:23, Parn wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out why people are so concerned about statistics, and how certain races "suck" with class X because stat Y isn't maxed out. Does it really matter that a newman hits a little less hard than a human? What is this, Final Fantasy XI? Who cares.

Although I agree that being more concerned about stats than what class/race appeals to you is foolish (my planned main is a RAnewearl, after all), there's still a reason to care. If beasts simply hit harder than every other race with no serious drawbacks, and newmans simply do poorer damage with no compartive advantage, then, eventually, people are going to grow bored and frustrated with their character who just seem to be less effective than others who picked the more effective race. You can't deny that it dimishes your fun just a little when you see the equal-level, equal-geared character next to you demolishing things that require more time and care on your part just because they picked a different race.

Parn
Aug 7, 2006, 05:03 PM
Guess it's just a personality thing, really. I'll play my HU/RA human when PSU ships and have a blast with my friends regardless of the numbers I see on my screen. Heh.

Sev
Aug 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
I swear it's called "Expert Level" though...

Even in FFXI... When it came around to endgame, I was told that all the races start to even out.

Expert Level just seems like a way for everything to even out... And honestly, it seems like it'll give you more of an influence on your character. That's all I really want, just to be able to customize my character more and more to my liking and not to someone elses.

Roffkaiser
Aug 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
It is called "Expet Type" at least that is what it is called in the Play magazine interview, and i agree with you it seems to even things out for the better.

Longhair-nyu
Aug 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
I really want, just to be able to customize my character more and more to my liking and not to someone elses.

I totally agree. That's how i'm going to play PSU, too. You should not think about something like: "My character has to be the strongest so i'm cool!" or "Maybe the others don't like me or my characters because they think Newmans/Humans are weak." I think that's stupid.
Play the characters because of the characters and the game itself as well.

I only want to play PSU how i want to play it. My own Style, that's it.

DoctorShasta
Aug 7, 2006, 05:32 PM
You know nyu your right the main thing I didn't like about RAmar was that no one else liked them for c-mode and though they were weak I always liked my RAmar style of shooting from the back and casting support spells even tho no1 noticed the good I was doing I thought it was good so I think that is what I'll be.

Longhair-nyu
Aug 7, 2006, 06:09 PM
That's what i mean DoctorShasta, it doesn't matter what someone beside of you thinks about your style of playing or what character you 'd choose. The only thing that's necessary is that you like what you're doing. If it makes you uncomfortable, you can always make a new character or even stop playing. But i personally don't think it's good for your own, to do things for someone else that he/she likes you, even if it's not really what you want to do.

Kyuu
Aug 7, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-08-07 15:03, Parn wrote:
Guess it's just a personality thing, really. I'll play my HU/RA human when PSU ships and have a blast with my friends regardless of the numbers I see on my screen. Heh.

No no, I quite agree. I'll play with my RA/FO newman when PSU ships and have a blast regardless (if I don't have more fun with my HU cast or FO human, of course). All I mean to convey is that there is a reason for some people to care, and that there's nothing "wrong" with wanting to not be less effective because of your personal preferences. I certainly hope that, in the end, my RAnewearl is just as effective as a RAcast. But if not, it's not that big a deal.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 7, 2006, 07:04 PM
Who cares anyway, the special moves look really, really fucking stupid.

I'll be a human force/hunter, like on PSO. Balance means you solo well.

Nisshoku
Aug 7, 2006, 07:48 PM
Meh, I think the special abilities give it a little temporary flair, which is something I don't mind. I doen't like hearing that it's like the be all and end all...It's just an ability, dammit. >_>

ShinMaruku
Aug 7, 2006, 08:04 PM
I swear, there gonna be an acnednded state...

DoctorShasta
Aug 7, 2006, 08:16 PM
the special moves aren't the deciding factor for me, the man thing I was worried is that RAcasts are just better at being rangers but nothing else so I was trying to decide between being pure ranger or having a little force mixed in and being a human

Xenofobia
Aug 7, 2006, 08:30 PM
Im thinking of makeing a beast force when i get my hands on psu^^

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 7, 2006, 09:01 PM
I'm with longhair-nyu and shasta as well. I mean, I hate it when like before when I played pso, since my main guy was a HUmar, I get scrutinized for being a noob. screw that, I'm with Ifrain when he says "Forever HUmar." HUmar FTW.

DoctorShasta
Aug 8, 2006, 12:08 PM
Haha and what was really a confidence booster was when I played with my friends offline with my ranger and they were all somewhat new to the game and they all looked up to me cuz I knew the most about the game and had all the support spells and stuff.

Alisha
Aug 8, 2006, 12:39 PM
On 2006-08-07 15:04, Sev wrote:
I swear it's called "Expert Level" though...

Even in FFXI... When it came around to endgame, I was told that all the races start to even out.

Expert Level just seems like a way for everything to even out... And honestly, it seems like it'll give you more of an influence on your character. That's all I really want, just to be able to customize my character more and more to my liking and not to someone elses.

actually at endgame it starts to become even more unbalanced because HP > all. and given the fact that a death effects your mission grade i could see a similar thing happening in psu. i'm still loling at the people that want to go hu/fo when Hu cannot use staves/canes/wands at all

edit:on my entire time on pso i think i met like 3-5 humars that werent noobs and one of them was parn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-08-08 10:43 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 8, 2006, 01:03 PM
On 2006-08-08 10:39, Alisha wrote:

i'm still loling at the people that want to go hu/fo when Hu cannot use staves/canes/wands at all

Although obviously we don't know exactly how the Expert Type function works, I think it's safe to say that if you pick FO as your combined class, you'll get the ability to use staves and canes so that you can cast spells. Or that there'll be some other way for them to equip techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-08-08 11:04 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 8, 2006, 01:08 PM
SUVs and Nanoblasts are way cooler than photon blasts, plus they don't pause the actual gameplay. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

besides, even as brief as they are, SUVs and certain Nanoblasts make them invincible during that period right?

they could be a lifesaver in some occasions. Better than no special ability at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Humes and Newms will still be useful, so it'll all work out just fine how it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Parn
Aug 8, 2006, 03:52 PM
edit:on my entire time on pso i think i met like 3-5 humars that werent noobs and one of them was parn.
On that note, remember that one evening where Dios, you, and myself were doing mines battle mode? We were getting a kick out of watching the animation for my HUmar getting smacked to the ground with daggers each time you hit me.

mechalucifer
Aug 8, 2006, 08:17 PM
You raise a good point. I know SEGA has said they're really working to make sure the characters aren't broken and that seems like a good way to implement a level of fairness. Still, I fall into the "SUV weapons are gonna be awesome" category, although I plan to make a human or newman also to mix things up a bit. Heck, I might even make one character of each race since we get four.

Arrow203
Aug 8, 2006, 08:22 PM
The way i look at this "Expert Type" is almost (keyword: ALMOST) like i would look at it in FFXI as a "Subjob" although there isn't any mention of any details on it, but I'd like to go RA/HU for the extra attack power http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif if it were to be setup like that.

REJ-
Aug 8, 2006, 09:24 PM
Perhaps Humans and Newmans are just better stat-wise compared to Beasts/Casts, thus no special

Arrow203
Aug 8, 2006, 09:33 PM
I can see that, the smarter players will choose Humans and Newmans, while the dumb players (me) will choose Cast/Beast lmao <3 cast ftw

Saner
Aug 9, 2006, 02:10 AM
it's not about intelligence. lol

some races/classes simply are more flexible for beginners than others. the easiest being Ranger since they can just keep away and poke from a distance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alisha
Aug 9, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-08-08 13:52, Parn wrote:

On that note, remember that one evening where Dios, you, and myself were doing mines battle mode? We were getting a kick out of watching the animation for my HUmar getting smacked to the ground with daggers each time you hit me.

lol weren't we hitting each other with s-rank weapons for that like lvl 50 or so S/D? XD