PDA

View Full Version : Are ppl forming guilds for this game?

AngelLight
Aug 7, 2006, 01:34 PM
Though the game is still 2 or so months away, are there people organizing on here with guilds and such yet? I was just curious.

Emrald
Aug 7, 2006, 01:36 PM
Becasue it's nice to be able to take your first steps with a group of people who arn't COMPLETELY random...

-Crokar-
Aug 7, 2006, 01:38 PM
he asked are there people forming guilds not why. and yes there are

Emrald
Aug 7, 2006, 01:38 PM
Ooooooo...I thought he ment why...

AngelLight
Aug 7, 2006, 01:53 PM
heh....~~BUUUUZZZZ~~ you lose chicken person...thanks for playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But seriously, ok good I just wanted to make sure there was going to be support for organized groups of people on the independent forums (such as this one, which has a very good track record for fielding guilds out of) and in the game.....thanks

BTW, moderators, perhaps you should form a "guild recruitment" thread sticky or even a seperate index forum for one? Just an observation really and not a big deal....

Kyunji
Aug 7, 2006, 01:56 PM
On July 30th, I recieved an annoying PM, appearing to have been mass-mailed, from Cruisectrl, which told me that if I was looking for a PSU clan, then I should join his. He gave a link to a site, which I visited out of curiousity. It turned out to be a poorly constructed site hosted on Tripod, meaning that it was filled up with ads and pop-ups, and featured poorly compressed graphics. What really convinced me to close the tab, however, was the music, which played automatically. Any site that automatically plays music defenitely does not deserve my attention, no matter what other flaws it may have.

So yeah, people are making "clans" and "guilds." They won't be recognized (officially) in-game, though.

AngelLight
Aug 7, 2006, 02:10 PM
Heh, yeah I feel the same way about Tripod.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PandaMasterX4
Aug 7, 2006, 02:11 PM
I believe there are but I choose not to join/participate in one unless I can truely see and understand how a person plays. I hate annoying people who won't stfu and on top of all that, suck at their job and they brag how popular they are.

AngelLight
Aug 7, 2006, 02:13 PM
Well that's a fan club, not a guild (or clan)....easily confused by alot of ppl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PandaMasterX4
Aug 7, 2006, 02:24 PM
Actually I am refering to a guild/clan. I hate being bound to people who I don't know. And frankly, if I do know them, they better be able to pull their own weight because I hate to babysit. In FFXI I was a memeber of a huge LS pretty much so I can be with my two RL friends. I hated it because most of the people were dumbasses. They had the website set up with current plans of NMs and HNMs.

I prefer to be a freelance. I think there are always at least 5 successful guilds/clans in an entire server (with multi server hoping there will be more) and the rest are just poor constructions of people wanting to be them.

Nisshoku
Aug 7, 2006, 02:25 PM
I ally myself with friends, not groups. That's how I do business.

AngelLight
Aug 7, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-08-07 12:11, PandaMasterX4 wrote:
I hate annoying people who won't stfu and on top of all that, suck at their job and they brag how popular they are.

^ This = Fan Club Service for the person in question who wont "stfu".

I was being sarcastic, but you seem pretty overly serious, so maybe it was lost on you but meh...no biggie.

Whatever works, this game is somewhat solo friendly so it works for ppl who want that and if you do need ppl, then you always have the option to PuG it.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
Well I wasn't entirely too serious but to an extent I was. But yah lol @ the fanclub thing.

DoctorShasta
Aug 7, 2006, 03:53 PM
Kyunji that didn't really help anyone at all you were just looking for an excuse to dis on cruisectrl....Anyway we have unofficial "teams" that are set up on these forums and I think it really gives some people a feeling of community while others it just annoys, whatever works for you, do it!

-Shimarisu-
Aug 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
Sure.

It'll be the "people I'm buying the Japanese game for" clan type thingy.

Vetsent
Aug 7, 2006, 11:01 PM
I wanted to join a group just because it feels a little special,but I guess it feels better being an Admin of one.And since there is some sort of a record(the team cards) in the game it will be easier for teams to just be hosted online so I won't have to do many duties outside of the game.

I actually started a themed clan about a month ago for PSU which is composed of look-alikes who are named after characters from the Metal Gear Solid series.Although it is starting off with some of my friends(2 of which have played PSO as long as me,since 2003,and we all know what we're doing,at least to a point),but anyone who wants to join can,but you'll feel wierd around a lot of people who have names that match the theme,that is unless you want to take an MGS name.For those who are looking for it search Fox Hound in the Team Center or click the FH under my avatar.

Feelmirath
Aug 8, 2006, 03:35 AM
Azure Battalion stays the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tycho
Aug 8, 2006, 04:23 AM
I was actually glad the team system from Blue Burst had been done away with. <_<;

AngelLight
Aug 8, 2006, 07:33 AM
This is great to hear...the reason why I am asking is that I'm setting up the archetype for a new PSU guild....its still in the design stages, but as soon as I could get some confirmations from some ppl that I know I can work with (some from my other WoW guild that I run), I can begin with website and newsletter designs for the PSU side of things. By it's very nature, a PSU guild will run different then other guilds (mostly based on the party dynamics of the game), but I see PSU guilds as being more aimed at 2 things, coordinating groups for special events easier then finding PuGs (and hoping that they dont suck), and a strong RP continunity. I've always been big on RPing when it can add flavor to the play experience and can enrich the overall gaming community on the whole. I had alot of success in other versions of PSO, stretching all the way back to the original, but when BB came out with the team system, it sort of cheapened the experience....not to mention a whole slew of "waste of space" clans came to be born...

So from what I can see, there's at least some interest out there so that was really indirectly the point of me posting this thread. Thanks for all the good dialogue and I look forward to meeting with you.....out there with the stars ^_^

Rion772
Aug 8, 2006, 10:28 AM
On 2006-08-07 11:34, AngelLight wrote:
Though the game is still 2 or so months away, are there people organizing on here with guilds and such yet? I was just curious.

Indeed there will! I'm part of a group that's been going on for about 5-6 good years now, we'll be playing together for sure. And I'll be running with OdinT. and his crew, for sure.

DoctorShasta
Aug 8, 2006, 11:47 AM
That's great to hear angel I hope your guild turns out how you want!

Rubesahl
Aug 9, 2006, 02:52 PM
I'm currentlly in Freelance. I really like the concept Zeke has on the guild idea so I'm looking forward to seeing the community grow. Check out the site at: fl.shorturl.com