PDA

View Full Version : Other MMOs that you might be playing while waiting for PSU

AngelLight
Aug 8, 2006, 07:49 PM
I'm curious what the community here might be playing in the ways of Online games.....What do you play while you wait all this time for PSU? Is it a MMO like WoW or GW? A frag game like Half-Life or Doom? Plotting world domination in Civ 4? Something else?

IhateUrHate
Aug 8, 2006, 07:56 PM
ill play CT and maybe a little Battlefield 2

IhateUrHate
Aug 8, 2006, 07:56 PM
i mean CS ^_^

AeraLure
Aug 8, 2006, 08:07 PM
I played Guild Wars for a while and had fun with it, but never got Factions. I'm not too likely to get Nightfall considering it comes out just before the US version of PSU. I got sort of bored with GW due to the low level cap eventually meaning there isnt that much to do PvE-wise once you collect some things, compounded by the fact that max weapons really amount to simply being skins so there really isnt even a point of collecting them unless looks is all that matters to you. It also happens to be one of those mouse point and click MMO's, which makes me miss PSO and look forward to PSU all the more. It does have a great PvP side to it, but I dont play that. It certainly held my interest for a while and I'll still be dropping into it here and there while I wait for PSU. I couldnt get into WoW due to the graphics.

IhateUrHate
Aug 8, 2006, 08:10 PM
iv played WOW a few times but i got out of it

Arrow203
Aug 8, 2006, 08:13 PM
Meh i just quit playing FFXI.. just a drain on my life, so i'll just sit back and let Gamefly fill in the gaps until PSU Releases!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

IhateUrHate
Aug 8, 2006, 08:15 PM
haha indeed

Phaze37
Aug 8, 2006, 08:33 PM
I've tried so many online RPGs but none of them could capture the magic of PSO. Level gaps are the stupidest idea ever, I'd make friends with people but since they're more into the game than I am they'd level up faster and then I wouldn't be able to play with them anymore. Ridiculous. I've been trying out all kinds of online RPGs but they all have at least one lame feature that makes me not want to play it. I was playing mario kart DS online but I got sick of everyone picking really easy tracks and snaking the entire race. I was playing metroid prime hunters but then everyone started abusing glitches. I was playing Tony Hawks American Wasteland online but that game is full of cheating and glitches. Counter-Strike is OK but it's one of those games that is absolutely no fun to play when you're not winning, and waiting around for the next match to start after dying feels like a waste of precious gaming time. Right now I'm desperately looking for ANY fun online game that doesn't have some sort of serious flaw, but I'm having no luck. For now I'm mostly just playing san andreas, virtua fighter 4 evolution, street fighter 3 3rd strike and offline PSO for gamecube.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 8, 2006, 08:34 PM
I quite FFXI and WoW long ago. I'm just playing my DS games. Advanced Wars 2 and Trace Memories. I finished playing F.E.A.R. not long ago.

Axios-
Aug 8, 2006, 08:45 PM
I want to try to go through Phantasy Star I - IV before PSU. Hapsby!

Fou
Aug 8, 2006, 09:45 PM
I was playin ffxi and wow but now im just playin my old games over again waitin on FFVII Dirge of cerberus and disgaea 2 to pass the time havnt played pso anything since my old dreamcast gamecube days feels like its takin forever sigh...

kazuma56
Aug 8, 2006, 10:02 PM
i'm playing FFXI,WoW,GW and some PSO:BB at the moment...it's likely tat I will cancel my BB subscription this month or the next and just stick to those 3 games above, By month end, Disgaea 2 and xenosaga will undoubtly hold me over till PSU or maybe even BF2142 (first BF game that looks interesting) till PSU.

MAGNUShunter
Aug 8, 2006, 10:44 PM
Just started a new FFXI account cause I was so bored.

Arrow203
Aug 8, 2006, 10:46 PM
wow that sux lmao i wouldn't touch ffxi w/ a 10 foot pole not even to break the disk... it really sux that badly

MAGNUShunter
Aug 8, 2006, 10:48 PM
Oh, common.
It's not that bad! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-------------
also playing GRAW, Chrome Hounds, and reading Green Tower part 2 by Tad Williams.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-08-08 20:50 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Aug 8, 2006, 10:49 PM
I quit FFXI a while back too, got sick of stupid n00bs dragging Gobs into the camp, man being a WAR was such a sucky job with all the n00bs in that game.

Arrow203
Aug 8, 2006, 11:01 PM
ahahahahahahahahhaha i <3 newbs..... NOT~

MAGNUShunter
Aug 8, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-08-08 21:01, Arrow203 wrote:
ahahahahahahahahhaha i <3 newbs..... NOT~

No not new to it. I had a 30War/17Rng bout two years ago.

Arrow203
Aug 8, 2006, 11:25 PM
Wasn't talking to you bro lol, was talking about the gob training newbs you were refering to lmao, i did play ffxi i had a 75 BLM and a 73 Taru PLD i also had 94.6 cooking 3 days ago i deleted my account and i feel alot better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_EiN_
Aug 8, 2006, 11:30 PM
i have never played any other mmo other than pso that i enjoyed. you know what? i still play pso offline for the GC. but i think i am insane...is it just me or when you play for a while you think everything is a red box...i once chased my own arm because i thought it was a red box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _EiN_ on 2006-08-08 21:32 ]</font>

Arrow203
Aug 8, 2006, 11:38 PM
wow lolz kinda.... yea addicted ftw xD

Saner
Aug 9, 2006, 12:52 AM
the current online games are too boring to play again. and PSO DC servers are long gone.

at least Xenosaga 3 is coming at the end of this month. and Valkyrie Profile Silmeria the following month. but it may take more than that to pass the time.

well talking about PSU here is more fun than playing a mmorpg already available. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

besides next week we'll have new demo media and information. and throughout September the Japanese release is bound to have countless amounts of media and information about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

l3iohazard
Aug 9, 2006, 04:22 AM
runescape >_> and i guess i'll beat ps 1-3 on my gameboy adavance yay me

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 10:14 AM
75thf/75nin/75 blm and 82 goldsmithing

Yah i spent a lot of time on that game. I'm glad it's gone.

uhawww
Aug 9, 2006, 10:56 AM
Master of Epic and Mabinogi ftw.

Alisha
Aug 9, 2006, 11:01 AM
still playing ffxi and will probally at least still attend sky and dynamis after psu comes out.

my new toys.

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/img_0149.jpg

mitchm
Aug 9, 2006, 11:08 AM
ill be playing a lot before it comes out.... F.E.A.R for 360 is gonna rock, GoW, N3, Saints Row, Enchanted Arms and others...

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 11:52 AM
The thing that I enjoyed a lot of FFXI was the story behind Zilart, CoP, and Treasure of Ath Ungah. I beat it all except ath, because most of my RL friends quit so i lost motivation to play.

AlphaX99
Aug 9, 2006, 12:30 PM
Well lets see I won't be playing any MMO's because this is the only good one thats out. Since PSO got a bit old. I do have New Super Mario Bros. and i'll be getting Starfox Command for the DS. I'll use them to keep me busy.

DurakkenX
Aug 9, 2006, 01:01 PM
I quit FFXI because i didn't feel like waitng 4-6months for a group that i felt competent enough to do anything further than what i had done already. I couldn't progress any further so i quit, simple as that.

as for MMOs
CoX can be fun (that doesn't sound right)
Gunz
EvE
CabalOnline.net is in beta ^.^

Abaru-FP
Aug 9, 2006, 02:17 PM
I'm so bored right now...
I've played WoW, FFXI, RO, Gunz, Maple Story, Gunbound, and even a little lineage 2. I'm low on money, and I'm looking for something I can download and play for free. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be awesome.

Rubesahl
Aug 9, 2006, 02:18 PM
I used to be playing EQ2, but after recieving an e-mail from Funcom I couldn't resist and went back to Anarchy Online again. Its the MMORPG I've gone farthest in so having a higher level char waiting for me is a plus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Otherwise I'm just too busy reviewing French since college starts next Monday. I won't have as much time for games so I'll focus on PSU this August 31st http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fleece
Aug 9, 2006, 05:32 PM
Ive played all the MMO's youve mentioned LMAO

Currently playing BF2 and F.E.A.R until BF 2142 and PSU

Fleece
Aug 9, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-08-08 21:30, _EiN_ wrote:
i have never played any other mmo other than pso that i enjoyed. you know what? i still play pso offline for the GC. but i think i am insane...is it just me or when you play for a while you think everything is a red box...i once chased my own arm because i thought it was a red box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _EiN_ on 2006-08-08 21:32 ]</font>

Double post i know but, I used to chase my friend on our 12 hour sessions of PSO, i'd got that tired i thought his red mechs were rare drops and chase after him before i realised it was his guns....

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 05:42 PM
GunZ was fun for like... 2 hrs. I dropped that game after reaching lvl 20. There were some pretty hardcore people which was really neat to see pulling off shotgun blasts in the middle of a sword fight, but there wasn't really much to it IMO.

MAGNUShunter
Aug 9, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-08-09 09:08, mitchm wrote:
ill be playing a lot before it comes out.... F.E.A.R for 360 is gonna rock, GoW, N3, Saints Row, Enchanted Arms and others...

I thought that Enchanted Arms was gonna be lame, then I saw the long preview day before last.
Man! I have no doubt NOW that that game is gonna rock. (100playable characters? Online arenas? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif ) When he says "what is this...power?..." I got the chills. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Im such a dork.

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:06 PM
Well Ive been playing WoW for some time now, the basic ideas were cool, faction battles, mutiple classes even the lvl diff as u can enter instances that other ppl cant and killing a dragon is hell cool. The prob is that being an open world basis, once u reach 60 and u cant really tell one player from another by their looks. Something extremely cool with PSO, the fact that each char is different, some may look alike, but by the hair, the height even the width all chars were diff. I mean I'm gonna miss Open Worlds if PSU doesnt have em...yet it should....but PSO is just unique.

Tystys
Aug 9, 2006, 06:27 PM
Chrome Hounds, Battle Field 2142(if I can get my graphics card up and running by than),CS:S, MGO