PDA

View Full Version : Can someone enlighten me?

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
Having only played the demo available at E3, I need some online questions answered. Pretty much this goes to any beta tester.

I want to main a Newman Force at the start of the game, but my question is as followed:

Do you start off with a staff, cane, or what?

Do you start off with any techs at all or do all techs need to be purchased?

Say all techs need to be purchased, do you start off with money? If not, are there in city quests that you can do for money?

Can certian techs be used in cities, ie; shifta, deband, regen?

K thanks for helping :3

Phaze37
Aug 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
I haven't played the beta, but in PSO you would have started off with a basic cane, Foie level 1, and 500 meseta. You weren't able to use any techniques in town unless you used hacks. Of course PSU might be different, but I'm guessing that you still won't be able to use techniques in the cities.

Lyrise
Aug 9, 2006, 04:01 PM
You'll start off with a wand, and Foie linked to it already. No techs can be used in cities, and at the time, the boosting spells were unavailable. You do start off with a minimal amount of cash, but I can't recall how much it was (I think it was 100? It was enough to change your class once right off the bat.)

Arrow203
Aug 9, 2006, 05:02 PM
Yes you started with 100 Meseta, the basic wand and foie like Lyrise said, also you buy the tech from stores located on the 4th floor of the same city you started off on, now i'm not sure if they have all of them and what not, might have to travel to other cities to get the newer techs.

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 05:46 PM
Would this be a MMORPG with open world or does the 6 man teams stand?

Ether
Aug 9, 2006, 05:49 PM
Theres no open world, all combat areas are instances. Maximum party size is 6.

ANIMEniac
Aug 9, 2006, 05:50 PM
they are stickin with the 6 man teams... but im happy about that cause i have heard horror stories about campers and such.

Arrow203
Aug 9, 2006, 06:03 PM
oh god... i love instanced areas... FFXI KILLED me with that kinda BS...

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:12 PM
Lol, oh well though Open World is what will attract more players I guess sticking with the 6 man instances areas, which is PSO orignal idea will be good. I just hope that the areas will be bigger now, say...there r 3 worlds!!

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 06:30 PM
Open world isn't bad until you get Real Money Traders and NM camper bots.

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I know that can put the game down, I experienced it in WoW, though Blizzard actually keeps a tigght eye on that and bans suspicious accounts, at least the parties have now been expanded to 6 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rion772
Aug 9, 2006, 06:53 PM
On 2006-08-09 15:49, Ether wrote:

Ah, instances rule. It's so much more fun because then no one can bother you in game if you're going solo. I look forward to some solo experiences.

vitius137
Aug 9, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-08-09 16:53, Rion772 wrote:

On 2006-08-09 15:49, Ether wrote:

Ah, instances rule. It's so much more fun because then no one can bother you in game if you're going solo. I look forward to some solo experiences.

Me too. Sometimes it is nice to go out and meet people while doing solo stuff, but 99.999% of the time the game has a horrible community that makes it not worth it. I kinda hope that one day they decide to make it 8 ppl. I think that would be a good max size (just as an option).

Arrow203
Aug 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
yea i agree w/ you, but anything over 10 ppl is just too... messy imo

MilkRocker
Aug 10, 2006, 03:35 AM
I can't even imagine the madness from six players booming techs, powing rifles, and swooshing swords, but TEN? That'd be absolute pandemonium. All you'd see is a vicious maelstrom of neon.

Saner
Aug 10, 2006, 02:08 PM
more like a vicious vortex of lag. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

6 is an excellent amount.

8? that would be too many even for instanced areas, there wouldn't be enough monsters for everyone and some people won't be able to keep up or hit anything.

DoctorShasta
Aug 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
yeah 6 is definetly the best number, imagine 8 or 10 people running for a red box http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif