PDA

View Full Version : Hopes for Wii?

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:26 PM
Considering the Wii launch later this year, r ne of u dreaming just like me that Sega will release this game for the Wii in spite that most Sega games will be re-released for the Wii?

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
I would only enjoy it if it is linked with PC and PS2.

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:32 PM
R the xbox 360 ps2 and PC being linked?

RoninJoku
Aug 9, 2006, 06:35 PM
PS2 and PC are :|

l3iohazard
Aug 9, 2006, 06:35 PM
omg what if they linked the wii with the 360....wow lol

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:39 PM
Rofl, so 360 is out? Well maybe Sega will open its eyes and realize that linking 360 will give em more money and even more money if the Wii game is released and is as well linked.

Nitrowolf
Aug 9, 2006, 06:45 PM
If they released for wii you would then have to think how they would get around the controller issue.

Server side of things, Square have done PC-PS2-360 server linking, so why cant sega? Just takje out voice chat, and leave it like FFXI was for it. Private chats 1-to-1. Voice chat in MMO's kinda spoil it imo.

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:47 PM
Well I really dun see much torbles there, it has the buttons and the "nunchuck" addon will give it more buttons. IT could even use the GCN controller adapter that will be used to play Smash Brawl, hehe

AvianKaitos
Aug 9, 2006, 07:01 PM
I don't know about a GC controller though, it doesn't have the R3 and L3 button equivalents.

Nash
Aug 9, 2006, 07:46 PM
I still think it's got a good chance of happening.

Nintendo have kept all their online-plans with Wii underwraps so far, no online titles have been announced and no 3rd parties are allowed to give details of their online plans. So the fact we haven't heard anything yet doesn't neccessarily mean it isn't happening.

The fact the Wii is always online, with Wii Connect 24, suggests Nintendo are going to give online a big push this time around. And PSU would be a perfect launch game.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 9, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-08-09 17:01, AvianKaitos wrote:
I don't know about a GC controller though, it doesn't have the R3 and L3 button equivalents.

Wii controller can be connected to anything O_O

Saner
Aug 9, 2006, 07:51 PM
Launch game? ha. they haven't announced PSU for Wii AT ALL, so it will be like a year or two from now before a Wii version might be announced and released.

in the meantime, the 3 systems that are getting it this year will provide PSU fun much much sooner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AvianKaitos
Aug 9, 2006, 07:56 PM
If it were to happen, I doubt it would be a launch title, and if they solve the control issue then it is plausible. Just don't expect to literally hack through the air at monster mobs.

Yes I hear what you are saying about the wii, after all I believe it will be my first and only of the next-gen machines.

DoctorShasta
Aug 9, 2006, 07:59 PM
Yea the Wii is gonna be my only next gen console, and btw there isn't a controller issue at all simply use the GC controller they are doing it for other games.

Leviathan
Aug 9, 2006, 08:11 PM
I'm getting a Wii and I'm so dissapointed that its not coming for the Wii. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I don't understand why Sega would do that? After all PSO for the XBOX was one of the games that weren't bought alot.

Nash
Aug 9, 2006, 08:30 PM
Just because it hasn't been announced, doesn't mean it doesn't already exist.

Sega were rumoured to have very strong support for Wii, and so far Sonic and Monkey Ball doesn't really add up to that. Also I wouldn't be at all surprised if PSU was started originally on GC and then moved to PS2 when it became clear Nintendo weren't going to do anything with online on GC. As Wii devkits were GC-based, it would have been easy to ressurrect it and develop it for Wii. But they can't say anything about an online game till Nintendo allow them to.

I'm not expecting it, I've already got my PS2 ready for PSU, but I wouldn't be that surprised to see it announced out of the blue when Nintendo unveil their online plans for Wii.

Leviathan
Aug 9, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'll still play PSO on the GCN because I have a feeling PSU will be on the Wii soon.

Brus
Aug 9, 2006, 08:50 PM
The gamecube controller might not have enough buttons but the Wii classic console controller looks like it does.

Rekitheforce
Aug 9, 2006, 08:55 PM
So, is it confirmed that the PS2 and the 360 are going to be linked? I already know for a fact that PS2 and PC will be, but I was wondering about the 360.

Nash
Aug 9, 2006, 09:09 PM
I don't think they've made it 100% clear yet, but so far they've made it sound like 360 will be separate for some reason. Even though Microsoft allowed FFXI to link to both PC and PS2 as far as I know.

zandra117
Aug 10, 2006, 06:45 AM
On 2006-08-09 18:11, Leviatha wrote:
I'm getting a Wii and I'm so dissapointed that its not coming for the Wii. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I don't understand why Sega would do that? After all PSO for the XBOX was one of the games that weren't bought alot.

Nintendo doesn't have a stable online service. Xbox and PS2 does.

Zarbolord
Aug 10, 2006, 07:34 AM
I'm gettiin it on PC anyway, but for my bro it would be cool as it would give us the chance to play together with other people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

XredX
Aug 10, 2006, 09:12 AM
I wouldnt mind if it came out for wii would be intresting to see how they make it work with the New controle system. But o well mabe later on in the coming year or 2??

PJ
Aug 10, 2006, 09:17 AM
On 2006-08-09 17:46, Nash wrote:
Nintendo have kept all their online-plans with Wii underwraps so far, no online titles have been announced and no 3rd parties are allowed to give details of their online plans. So the fact we haven't heard anything yet doesn't neccessarily mean it isn't happening.

On 2006-08-09 17:51, Saner wrote:
Launch game? ha. they haven't announced PSU for Wii AT ALL, so it will be like a year or two from now before a Wii version might be announced and released.

Oooh, literature.

And since the last interview, nothing has been announced regarding 360 connecting to PS2/PC. Nothing has been announced about them NOT connecting either. There is no, "More likely one way or the other," scenario here.

Saner
Aug 10, 2006, 09:57 AM
since N64, haven't they learned that Nintendo lost much of their 3rd party support ever since Playstation was born and dominated the charts?

If ppl want the most of the best games out there, just a Nintendo system is not the answer.

Its recent systems were lucky to get a top 3rd party game once in a while but it's still starving for a better selection like the other systems have.

Wii looks like it will be good like the SNES days, however with all the competition going on, the Wii will naturally not get all of the best this industry has to offer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PJ
Aug 10, 2006, 10:06 AM
How very pessimistic

I thought people bought Nintendo for Nintendo. Maybe that's just me

Saner
Aug 10, 2006, 10:11 AM
I didn't say it won't happen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ya maybe it's just you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My friend bought a Gamecube for Resident Evil Remake and a few other non-Nintendo titles. Unfortunately they got bored of the system's lacking selection and then tried Xbox, then PS2.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 10, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-08-09 18:50, Brus wrote:
The gamecube controller might not have enough buttons but the Wii classic console controller looks like it does.

The cube controller has one more button than the retro.

AlphaX99
Aug 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
I don't think it would ever happen actually. It doesn't seem right to have MUCH later launched PSU for Wii. It most likely won't happen because why would it be on the PS2, X360, and Wii? Two next Gen consoles one this gen...hmm you would think if they put it on the Wii then they would have to make a PS3 version. Which will probably cost Sega way too much cash to keep all those servers for all those systems up and running. I don't like the idea of it anyway, even though PSO was big on the cube.

Saner
Aug 10, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-08-10 09:04, AlphaX99 wrote:
I don't think it would ever happen actually. It doesn't seem right to have MUCH later launched PSU for Wii. It most likely won't happen because why would it be on the PS2, X360, and Wii? Two next Gen consoles one this gen...hmm you would think if they put it on the Wii then they would have to make a PS3 version. Which will probably cost Sega way too much cash to keep all those servers for all those systems up and running. I don't like the idea of it anyway, even though PSO was big on the cube.

They are better off waiting for PSU2 (the sequel) before bringing it to the Wii.

PSU is a huge project so people can be sure there will be a sequel/expansion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-10 09:13 ]</font>

PandaMasterX4
Aug 10, 2006, 11:15 AM
If the game has expensions, then I think Wii version should come out then (like what they did with FFXI on 360). It would suit the timing but they really would need to focus on making it compatible with PC, and PS2, and I believe Wii has USB ports now so you can use a keyboard with ease finally.

Axios-
Aug 10, 2006, 01:46 PM
I'm in full support of it being on the Wii, and Takao Miyoshi said that they'd consider it if they got enough feedback. Seeing as how we're not Japanese, that's for the most part out of our hands, but we can still hope. The controller isn't an issue. As people have said, we don't need motion control, and they're not gonna stop production because one button is missing. Anyways, I had a topic about this back when that interview came out if you want to take a look at it.
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=112410&forum=20

DoctorShasta
Aug 10, 2006, 02:17 PM
Yea I think it's best that some games don't use the new controller

PandaMasterX4
Aug 10, 2006, 02:43 PM
On 2006-08-10 12:17, DoctorShasta wrote:
Yea I think it's best that some games don't use the new controller

Even Nintendo has said this. Some games like F-zero, are meant for the GC controller and not the Wiimote. Expect a lot of developers to either create their own attachment, or use various types of the remote.

Brus
Aug 10, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-08-10 08:46, PandaMasterX4 wrote:

On 2006-08-09 18:50, Brus wrote:

The cube controller has one more button than the retro.

ACtually I think the classic has 1 more than the gamecube because it (seems to have) has 4 (L1, L2, R1, R2) as opposed to L, R, and Z oh and it also has a select button. Although they havent confirmed on whether or not the joysticks be buttons as well (like ps2 and xbox). If this has all been debunked or proven otherwise, tell me because most of this comes from assumptions from pictures.

http://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/502/medium/800px-Wii_classic_controller.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-08-10 21:33 ]</font>

Kyuu
Aug 11, 2006, 12:07 AM
On 2006-08-10 07:17, PJ wrote:

And since the last interview, nothing has been announced regarding 360 connecting to PS2/PC. Nothing has been announced about them NOT connecting either. There is no, "More likely one way or the other," scenario here.

*sigh* I'll provide the link yet again:

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1504

There was an announcement quite a long time ago that the 360 servers would be seperate. So it's pretty likely that they will be seperated unless they reveal their stance to have changed, which they haven't.

SolRiver
Aug 11, 2006, 06:10 AM
Well, there must be some reason that they haven't say anything about wii yet. Other wise, if I was a developer, I would defintely want to get something onto wii (and early! before the player base get taken by other mmo).

NDS's online service had been quite steady I believe, so Nintendo is defintely not lacking around the networking department.

Fleece
Aug 11, 2006, 06:39 AM
Too much speculation, not enough facts. Well apart from the fact Saner talks out of his arse.

PJ
Aug 11, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-08-10 22:07, Kyuu wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1504

It has been common knowledge for some time that the PS2 and PC versions of PSU will be linked together, allowing players on either platform to interact with each other. There has been much speculation about whether or not the Xbox 360 servers would be included in this as well. PSOW has learned from an official source that, at this time, the Xbox 360 servers (which will use the Xbox Live service) are planned to be independant of the PS2 and PC servers and will not be linked.

knight-mech
Aug 11, 2006, 04:12 PM
they have to make it for wii i love pso and know psu will be awsome but i cant afford buying a ps2 cuz im already buying a wii, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fleece
Aug 11, 2006, 04:32 PM
Whats your PC like?

knight-mech
Aug 11, 2006, 04:37 PM
its a mac not a pc so...yeah

knight-mech
Aug 11, 2006, 04:47 PM
hey we should make a list of who wants psu to be on wii consuls (i want it) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

knight-mech
Aug 11, 2006, 05:12 PM
hey this is a good thread dont let it die http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fleece
Aug 11, 2006, 05:20 PM
it wasnt dieing....and triple posting is bad. What model of macintosh is it? one of the new intel chipsets or older?

If its one of the new intel chipsets you can actually run Windows natively on them AND OS X upwards.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 11, 2006, 05:40 PM
Linux would work too but the mouse and all would just piss me off

knight-mech
Aug 11, 2006, 05:43 PM
nope it doesn't have intel in it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rubesahl
Aug 11, 2006, 05:47 PM
In my opinion, I would obviously love for all the consoles and regions to be connected O_o that would be a dream come true. Though I find it 'unlikely' coming to the Wii, there's still the possibility. What this situation reminds me of is of the PSO days when PS2 players wanted PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Ironically PSO ended up coming for everything EXCEPT PS2 lol I wouldn't doubt if PSU will end up coming for everything except the Wii ^_^;

Anyways ST has changed their vision of things with PSU >_>; Region separated servers which throws down the drain the international aspect a lot of people liked from PSO. Before the games would bring various languages, also went down the drain. They'll probably separate 360 servers so its PC/PS2 or 360. I'm actually surprised they even connected PC/PS2 O_o Still there are options, and I don't think anyone will find it too tough to get on PSU if they like it. The PS2 isn't that expensive and upgrading the PC for PSU isn't that expensive either, and I mean getting specs higher than the mininum too :/ Sometimes building your own PC is a nice solution too >_>;; and its not as difficult as you might imagine. Anyways again, I'm all for PSU coming to each and every console, and if all of them were connected it'd be even greater, who knows we might all be surprised, I know I was when it was announced for the 360 O_o

Fleece
Aug 11, 2006, 05:47 PM
Lmao linux wouldnt work with PSU though and most people dont like linux. Linux is alright for servers but for the software aspect it can go to hell.

Fleece
Aug 11, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-08-11 15:47, Rubesahl wrote:
In my opinion, I would obviously love for all the consoles and regions to be connected O_o that would be a dream come true. Though I find it 'unlikely' coming to the Wii, there's still the possibility. What this situation reminds me of is of the PSO days when PS2 players wanted PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Ironically PSO ended up coming for everything EXCEPT PS2 lol I wouldn't doubt if PSU will end up coming for everything except the Wii ^_^;

Anyways ST has changed their vision of things with PSU >_>; Region separated servers which throws down the drain the international aspect a lot of people liked from PSO. Before the games would bring various languages, also went down the drain. They'll probably separate 360 servers so its PC/PS2 or 360. I'm actually surprised they even connected PC/PS2 O_o Still there are options, and I don't think anyone will find it too tough to get on PSU if they like it. The PS2 isn't that expensive and upgrading the PC for PSU isn't that expensive either, and I mean getting specs higher than the mininum too :/ Sometimes building your own PC is a nice solution too >_>;; and its not as difficult as you might imagine. Anyways again, I'm all for PSU coming to each and every console, and if all of them were connected it'd be even greater, who knows we might all be surprised, I know I was when it was announced for the 360 O_o

The problem is most people that play games dont have the money (I.E. 400 - 500 pounds) to build a system of their own and on top of that many dont know how to build a PC.

By all means though if anyone HAS the equivalent of 400- 500 pounds i can easily assist them in building via the internet if they need it.

NeoCastAvalon
Sep 18, 2006, 11:27 PM
I was going to make a topic, but I searched instead so I'll just say what I was going to here.

I think that Sega isn't putting it on the Wii, not because of the controller (since you can just use Cube Controllers), and not because they have no respect for Nintendo (they have been rival/friends for years and the Cube kept PSO alive), but because of pricing plans, since the Wii is free to play online, maybe Sega is more reluctant to put it on out a system that's being pushed as free to play online machine. Unlike all 3 of the other mediums which have to be paid for on top of PSU subscription fee.

It's not like it couldn't be on Cube and still playable on the Wii, so I think it had to be a pricing disagreement.

Losodo1976
Sep 18, 2006, 11:34 PM
I doubt PSU will come out for Wii... but then again, it was on NGC. There's many controller options on the Wii so I doubt the the controls available will have any impact on the idea of making a Wii port.

Which makes me wonder... I haven't heard of any keyboard support for the Wii.

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 11:37 PM
Eh, I'm not sure about PSU coming to the Wii. It just seems like an extremely huge game for it to be taking on so early into the game. What's worse is that people are going to be expecting for the Nun-Chucks to be involved in some way, but I just don't see that happening for PSU, O_O.

sulfate
Sep 18, 2006, 11:40 PM
flick the wrist u swing....spin the nun-chuck u do a pa...its do able...<---this was a joke

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 18, 2006, 11:41 PM
YOU HAVE NO HOPE FOR WII MAKE YOUR TIME

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 11:43 PM
It'd do-able, but the fact of the matter is, SEGA already has a handful of crap they need to do. First off, since they announced the expansion pack way to early, we're going to be expecting results. Not to mention the fact that they needed to actually turn the online mode for the JP version into a temporary beta for the time being thanks to server issues, so something tells me SOA isn't really going to have an easy time trying to get it to work with the nun-chuck controller without atleast a little bit of support from SOJ.

AND, the fact of the matter is, running a game of PSU's size takes alot of work. I'm expecting there to be alot of people playing PSU on both sides of the spectrum, so while a WII release IS possible...I highly doubt it'll become a reality.

jarek99
Sep 18, 2006, 11:47 PM
I cant believe so many people are shying away from 360 because it isnt linked with the other 2 games. Theres still going to be thousands of people playing! You have to be a fool to think that theres not gonna be anyone to play with. Arent PSOBB, gamecube and the xbox version independent? They arent linked and they are doing just fine. PSU will be much better off since the game is much larger and will have more replay value.

sulfate
Sep 18, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-09-18 21:43, Tystys wrote:
It'd do-able, but the fact of the matter is, SEGA already has a handful of crap they need to do. First off, since they announced the expansion pack way to early, we're going to be expecting results. Not to mention the fact that they needed to actually turn the online mode for the JP version into a temporary beta for the time being thanks to server issues, so something tells me SOA isn't really going to have an easy time trying to get it to work with the nun-chuck controller without atleast a little bit of support from SOJ.

AND, the fact of the matter is, running a game of PSU's size takes alot of work. I'm expecting there to be alot of people playing PSU on both sides of the spectrum, so while a WII release IS possible...I highly doubt it'll become a reality.

oh yeah its doable, just something tells me im not gonna be seeing it on it....plus playing long hours with ure wrist will hurt

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 11:54 PM
Bahah, oh yeah...which is why I don't think any type of MMO is going to be available on the WII for quite some time.

The_GEL
Sep 19, 2006, 06:59 AM
I dunno, I think a Wii version is plausable. Maybe not now, but soon-ish.

They already said they're doing a PSU expansion so probably by the time the expansion comes out, they can do a Wii double pack of the origional and expansion.

Controller-wise, we can use Gamecube controllers. Perhaps my memory is foggy, but L2, L3 and R2 aren't used on the PS2 controller, so we could just use Z for R3 and L and R for L1 and R1. Remember that the Gamecube controller ports are right there on the system so yeah, I could see it working.

Online connectivity is a non-issue this time around too. Yes I know you're all worried about freind codes, but obviously things will be different for a game like PSU.

In short: It's possible I think and I am hoping for a Wii version, but it will be at least a little while before it shows up.

kassy
Sep 19, 2006, 08:50 AM
Regardless of being able to use a GC controller, Sega would HAVE to add wiimote support, being that the wiimote is the default controller you get WITH the console, and I personally don't think it the wiimote would be practical for a game like this.

I have no idea of Nintendo's online network plans so I won't even bother, but that could be a factor.

A wii version most likely wouldn't be linked to PS2/PC versions because of the time difference in release dates should it ever see the light of day.

Inspektahdek
Sep 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
They should create an alternate server for voice chat only and the others for linking various systems~

Inspektahdek
Sep 19, 2006, 08:53 AM
On 2006-09-19 06:50, kassy wrote:
Regardless of being able to use a GC controller, Sega would HAVE to add wiimote support, being that the wiimote is the default controller you get WITH the console, and I personally don't think it the wiimote would be practical for a game like this.

I have no idea of Nintendo's online network plans so I won't even bother, but that could be a factor.

A wii version most likely wouldn't be linked to PS2/PC versions because of the time difference in release dates should it ever see the light of day.

Imagine wii integrated controls involving hand movements for casting techniques and what not. That would be bad ass

DizzyDi
Sep 19, 2006, 08:56 AM

That doesn't make sense Kassy. They wouldn't HAVE to use the wiimote, just becuase its the default controller. Just look at smash brothers brawl, it requires the GC controller.

Kazzi
Sep 19, 2006, 09:51 AM
On 2006-09-19 06:56, DizzyDi wrote:

That doesn't make sense Kassy. They wouldn't HAVE to use the wiimote, just becuase its the default controller. Just look at smash brothers brawl, it requires the GC controller.

I concur. You DO NOT have to use the Wii controller for certain games and it encourages you to use a GC controller! Nintendo already announced that ages ago. And the "they have to add support cause the controller comes with the console" is just stupid because i bought an official ASCII controller for PSO on the GC. That sure didnt come with my gamecube.

Dont cross out the possibilities, yes it's incredibly unlikely but thats not to say theres no reason it couldnt happen. Just dont get your hopes up high.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 10:06 AM
Well, the fact of the matter is, the fan demand for it could be slightly increasing, because I remember a time where I would see countless thread topics about what system they would like to see PSU come to, and alot of people chose the WII. If SEGA hears our calls, they just might consider it.

Xeion
Sep 19, 2006, 10:06 AM
On 2006-08-09 16:26, Ceipe wrote:
Considering the Wii launch later this year, r ne of u dreaming just like me that Sega will release this game for the Wii in spite that most Sega games will be re-released for the Wii?

Could be cool and awsome but I don't count on it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

In that case I would want PSU released for PS3 system

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
Well, the PS3 is backwards compatable, so having a PS3 version would be sort of idiotic, Xeion, XD

vg_geek86
Sep 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
It be nice to come out for Wii, but im not going to get my hopes up., if so I hope it links up with the PC and PS2, that be a nice thriving community, with a few fanboy skirmishes.

And if they did have Wii and 360 connected to the same servers, omg, could u imagine the fanboy battles *assuming battle is gonna be in it* Not to mention children screaming at each other over which system is better. You could make a sitcom outta that.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 19, 2006, 11:14 AM
Developers don't create games that have a heavy online reliance as a launch title, you take the "wait-and-see" approach to see if people even buy it and are playing the system online. They would have to invest in extra servers before the system even comes out which is NOT a good business move.

Developing games is a business, those "I don't see why they don't do this and/or that" get spouted out because people forget this or they don't know or never relaized it.

kassy
Sep 19, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-09-19 06:56, DizzyDi wrote:

Really? I stand corrected http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I don’t like the idea of having to buy a certain controller to play a particular game though, I certainly would in the case of PSU, but not sure other gamers would agree.

Lol, well here hoping Nintendo don't go to mental with amount of controller add-ons and such, or at least make them reasonably priced, I am after all getting a wii, pre-ordered it the other day ;D

Xeion
Sep 19, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-09-19 08:07, Tystys wrote:
Well, the PS3 is backwards compatable, so having a PS3 version would be sort of idiotic, Xeion, XD

Nicer graphics? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
Apparently the price for the controllers will be like $40 for the WII-Mote and $20 for the Nun Chuck attachment....

And Xeion...all ya need to do is pop it in the PS3, and it'll look nicer, XD

Xeion
Sep 19, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-09-19 11:21, Tystys wrote:

And Xeion...all ya need to do is pop it in the PS3, and it'll look nicer, XD

Hahaha, Yeah but not exacly what I meant

QuadTail
Sep 19, 2006, 06:21 PM
My computer is really obsolete, I could buy a new one for gaming, but I hate comps for gaming, as you never really know if there's gonna be some stupid error and the game you bought won't work on your computer. <.< That's what I think at least...

And Wii is probably as good as SNES was, or maybe even better. I will buy one.
I can't afford both a new computer and a Wii, so, a Wii it is. I'm bored to death and need a console to play stuff on =/

I'm sure Wii will sell big, so, I think it'd be stupid not to drop a Wii version.
It'd probably take a whole year or more if they do, though... Kind of my luck. <.<

Animosity
Sep 19, 2006, 07:47 PM
all i know is that the 360 version will support headsets so communication will own the ps2 and pc. plus the graphics will be a wee bit better

Inspektahdek
Sep 21, 2006, 02:26 PM
Kind of a joke title but what would you guys think about that or would you purchase it? Imagine movements of the nunchuk controller for technique castings or photon art abilities, etc.

Post thoughts here

darthplagis
Sep 21, 2006, 02:29 PM
i cant see PSU coming in the wee i mean wii. but nunchuck combo's would be ace

Inspektahdek
Sep 21, 2006, 02:32 PM
I don't see it coming either but hypothetically it would be bad ass.

RoninJoku
Sep 21, 2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=116735&forum=20&75

We didn't need another one of these so soon did we?

kassy
Sep 21, 2006, 03:05 PM
..Or how about you have to swing the controller around your head everytime you want to attack?
Ya that would rock!

Wouldn't be annoying at all...

LoneVandal
Sep 21, 2006, 03:19 PM
Why would it not come to Wii? Wii will be online by default, so you won't even need to buy a stupid modem/bba this time if Sega ported the game.

Rune
Sep 21, 2006, 03:27 PM
Maybe if the game used the classic-style controller rather than the wii-mote, I could see it happening on the Wii.

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
I'd rather just play it on the 360, but all the more PSU players the better.

Zaiden
Sep 21, 2006, 03:47 PM
I think the idea would just be silly. Sure, its a neat concept, but like kassy said, who wants to swing your arm around to do one attack? It really gets tiring after awhile.

Saner
Sep 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
people would pass out using the special Wii controllers before a mission is even over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ShadowNeo
Sep 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
Why is it that immediately people assume it will HAVE to use the motion sensitive controller. It would work fine with The Classic or GameCube controllers, it wouldn't need to necessarily make a use of the Wiimote or Nunchuck.

Leviathan
Sep 21, 2006, 04:39 PM
It will be cool.

Tystys
Sep 21, 2006, 04:47 PM
eh, another thread so soon? O_O. Didn't we have one like a day ago?

Anyways, I'm not so sure. Alot of people want the game to use the motion sensor, but I highly doubt if it ever came to the WII that it would use it.

Losodo1976
Sep 21, 2006, 05:16 PM
I think the Wii is going to be a great machine, but I wouldn't want to use the motion-sensing for PSU. Same thing with the new Zelda... I just want to use a good ol' gamepad for that.

A2K
Sep 21, 2006, 05:18 PM
Sony and Nintendo have yet to reveal the specific details about online implementation to developers regarding the PS3 and Wii. Nothing's impossible, of course. Once Sega is in the know about those sorts of things we'll likely see some more online titles, including some form of Phantasy Star Universe.

vg_geek86
Sep 21, 2006, 05:21 PM
I hate you. You go and get my hopes up.
I hope all that is terrible happens to you and everyone you love.
>=)

Losodo1976
Sep 21, 2006, 05:24 PM
On 2006-09-21 15:21, vg_geek86 wrote:
I hate you. You go and get my hopes up.
I hope all that is terrible happens to you and everyone you love.
>=)

Somebody get this person a tissue! Haha! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vg_geek86
Sep 21, 2006, 05:28 PM
And some nonscented nonalcholhlic lotion. I need to relieve some stress.

Phaze37
Sep 21, 2006, 06:17 PM
If PSU came out for the Wii, I guarantee you that it wouldn't use the motion sensor features. However, a port of PSU on the Wii could happen. There are two possibilities for this: Either it will be the same game as the current PSU and hopefully plays on the same servers as the PC and PS2, or it may be a completely new version of PSU much like PSO Episodes 1&2, with rebalanced character classes, new areas, new items, and maybe new modes like Challenge and Battle. The downside to a new version is that we'd most likely have to start new characters from scratch, but at the same time they could ditch the PS2 for this new version much like they ditched the Dreamcast for Ep1&2 and only put the game on next-gen consoles and PC. This way the PS2 won't be holding the game back anymore, and we could see things in the new areas that would be impossible to do on the PS2, such as huge numbers of enemies.

Animosity
Sep 21, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-09-21 16:28, Animosity wrote:

On 2006-09-21 16:17, Phaze37 wrote:
If PSU came out for the Wii, I guarantee you that it wouldn't use the motion sensor features. However, a port of PSU on the Wii could happen. There are two possibilities for this: Either it will be the same game as the current PSU and hopefully plays on the same servers as the PC and PS2, or it may be a completely new version of PSU much like PSO Episodes 1&2, with rebalanced character classes, new areas, new items, and maybe new modes like Challenge and Battle. The downside to a new version is that we'd most likely have to start new characters from scratch, but at the same time they could ditch the PS2 for this new version much like they ditched the Dreamcast for Ep1&2 and only put the game on next-gen consoles and PC. This way the PS2 won't be holding the game back anymore, and we could see things in the new areas that would be impossible to do on the PS2, such as huge numbers of enemies.

maybe ps3 becuase incase you guys didnt know.... sony bought half of sega

Alexandrious1
Sep 21, 2006, 10:06 PM
Speaking of Wii. Im friends with the Manager of the local Gamecrazy near me, I went to preorder the Wii now that theirs a release date, I already had Zelda TP Preordered for the wii, and he tells me that their is a rule on preordering the wii, that you have to also preorder two Wii launch titles to be able to get a wii.

Basically to prevent people from hoarding the game system and ebaying it by what he told me. I dunno if hes just bsing me again like he did a few times to get deals out of me on some games, or other Game Retail companies are doing the same thing.

This may be offtopic but if anyone could give their thoughts or answers id appreciate it.

Sighs Avatar or Dragon quest...ill go with Dragon quest, the sword and shield special motion controllers look fun -_-

vg_geek86
Sep 22, 2006, 01:10 PM
I just thought of something with the whole nun-chuck thing with this game...
By the end of the day, I'd have arm cramps. Any person who's gone all nighters on PSO should be able to know what Im saying. Swinging my arm around for hours on end, be a hell of a workout by the time I was done playing.

vg_geek86
Sep 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
*double post*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vg_geek86 on 2006-09-22 11:11 ]</font>

Niki
Sep 22, 2006, 01:17 PM
Wii testing tools are not yet available, and mapping the Wii controller, given the option-heavy and fluid nature of the PSU controls, would be a Herculean venture in its implementation.

My forecast: 3-6% chance of Wii PSU, sometime in mid-late 2007.

watashiwa
Sep 22, 2006, 01:21 PM
PSU's never coming out to the Wii.

Clyde
Sep 22, 2006, 01:22 PM
If the Wii did get PSU it need to be a different version of to be able to support those nun-chuck things. And if there were a Wii nun-chuck PSU version, it would probably probably feel more like a FPS which would have you manually blocking enemies hits there would also be fewer enemies. That is if it were to nun-chucks though.

If it could use a normal controller I don't think PSU on Wii would be very un-likely; you would also have to pay to play, SEGA would never miss out on a chance to charge you.

Edit: On the off-chance it happened, Wii would also NOT be linked with any other system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clyde on 2006-09-22 11:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clyde on 2006-09-22 11:41 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 22, 2006, 01:54 PM
Two launch titles? Easy, Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3. And ofcoruse PSU later if it does come out on it. I wonder if I'll be able to use my PC account with the Wii if I change.
Anyway, there is hope, nothing has been said for online stuff apart from that you can download the games from nintendo 64 and before for 2 to 6 dollars depending on the game.
I can just imagine it ;.; Majora's Mask, omg I need to get that game and finish it for once! Also PSO will work offline, but still nothing for the online stuff. they're very secretive.

Alexandrious1
Sep 22, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-09-22 11:54, Zarbolord wrote:
Two launch titles? Easy, Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3. And ofcoruse PSU later if it does come out on it. I wonder if I'll be able to use my PC account with the Wii if I change.
Anyway, there is hope, nothing has been said for online stuff apart from that you can download the games from nintendo 64 and before for 2 to 6 dollars depending on the game.
I can just imagine it ;.; Majora's Mask, omg I need to get that game and finish it for once! Also PSO will work offline, but still nothing for the online stuff. they're very secretive.

Crap Metroid Prime 3 is a launch title? Ugh ill have to get that later.

And ya didnt really answer my question lol o_O When you preordered the Wii did they tell you ya have to preorder two launch titles along with it?

Zarbolord
Sep 22, 2006, 02:15 PM
You can't pre-order Wii in France yet, sorry but I can't answer your question CANNOT COMPUTE, gzzzzzzt, gzzzzzzt.

A2K
Sep 22, 2006, 03:18 PM
On 2006-09-22 12:13, Alexandrious1 wrote:

It was pushed to 2007.

OnnaWren
Sep 22, 2006, 04:05 PM
My two mesetas', whether or not it's been said before:

What might happen is like the 360 release of FFXI; PSU releases for the Wii later, but with any and all available expansions bundled in for the same price.

As for online linkage, I see no reason why the Wii shouldn't be cross-linked with the PS2 and the PC, if it's easy enough to do...

Alexandrious1
Sep 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-09-22 13:18, A2K wrote:

It was pushed to 2007.

Naw its a Launch title, manager of the game store I preordered from confirmed this. I also saw vids of what appears to be the full version. It will be out on Wii Launch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-22 14:12 ]</font>

Saikyn
Sep 22, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-08-09 16:45, Nitrowolf wrote:
If they released for wii you would then have to think how they would get around the controller issue.

Server side of things, Square have done PC-PS2-360 server linking, so why cant sega? Just takje out voice chat, and leave it like FFXI was for it. Private chats 1-to-1. Voice chat in MMO's kinda spoil it imo.

psu isnt a real MMO ;3, its action-ROPG? if im not mistaken to be technical...not tryin to be a dik or anythin but its just uhh? kinda pretty different. real MMO's would keep you in a world that's constantly changing, from what i understand 99% of PSU is "instance based," if that's true its just an online hack and slash rpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saikyn on 2006-09-22 14:35 ]</font>

DreamTonight
Sep 22, 2006, 04:56 PM
On 2006-09-22 14:12, Alexandrious1 wrote:

On 2006-09-22 13:18, A2K wrote:

It was pushed to 2007.

Naw its a Launch title, manager of the game store I preordered from confirmed this. I also saw vids of what appears to be the full version. It will be out on Wii Launch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-22 14:12 ]</font>

Sorry but this is wrong. The game will release in 2007. It was never announced as a launch-title but some people believed it...pure wishes

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 08:08 PM
I can't see this game being enjoyable on the Wii because I personally don't like the idea of the controller for PSU.

PJ
Sep 22, 2006, 08:14 PM
You could just use the Gamecube controller

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 08:23 PM
Still wouldn't matter since I will be playing on the Xbox instead. The Wii will only be used for Zelda and Mario games for me, and F-Zero Wii if they ever come out with one.

AlterEgo
Sep 23, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-08-09 18:11, Leviatha wrote:

I think it would be great if it came out for the Wii.

I'm sure the whole purpose for the 360 release is to appeal to western gamers. It would be a better move to release it on the 360 rather than the Wii for that purpose, though I think the inability to link 360 servers with PC/PS2 kills that purpose. It's pretty obvious the game won't be as popular on the 360 servers as it would the PC/PS2 servers.

Alexandrious1
Sep 23, 2006, 10:41 AM
Eh your right, looks like they cancelled it on being a launch title so they could polish it and refine its new improved controls. Ah well gives me time for Zelda then.