PDA

View Full Version : More holy shit than rant.

Dre_o
Aug 9, 2006, 08:45 PM
Well, the night got a WHOLE lot stranger just a little earlier.

Ok, my brother and I went to get a haircut where we always do (no name to be given.) Now, we step in the door, are blasted by a HUGE blast of cold air, and step up to the counter.

The girl behind the counter, while rather cute, was busy. I start with a crack about how cold it is in here, while she responds by looking up and saying "yea".

This is where it becomes....strange...after she takes a look back at her papers, she does a double take back to my brother and I. With a slight gasp, she stammers:

"Holy shit, Kyle and DJ, holy shit."

What's so weird? DJ, a nickname for me that ended 7 years ago. No one that lives in Kansas (where I lived for those 7 years) would know that name.

Mind races. Her face brings back no memories. Looking for a clue, my eyes fall to her nametag. Beckie. Name brings back no memories. Dumbfounded, I turn to my brother and whisper "Who?" He stairs back and whispers something inaudibly.

We sit down after another moment of silence. I ask again, "Who is she?" With his composer partially regained he says "Brenda's daughter."

Brenda you ask?.....The step mother I haven't seen for 8 years. The daughter used to be a BITCH. Yet, she seems to have changed quite a bit. Best thing is, my brother had an EXTREMEMLY evil idea. As we were leaving, her boyfriend came to pick her up. My bro goes

"Oh my god! I know what I should've done! I should've told her boyfriend: 'Hey, I've slept with your girlfriend.'" Because GRAMATICALLY, during a camping trip where we were all in close quarters, we were sleeping together.

The look would've been priceless....oh well, we didn't. Though it woulda been funny as hell....

......No real point, just....unusual.

Wyndham
Aug 9, 2006, 08:55 PM
this doesnt qualify as a crant, so why is it here?

Leviathan
Aug 9, 2006, 09:17 PM
Lol.

Scrub
Aug 9, 2006, 09:31 PM
On 2006-08-09 18:55, Oran1324 wrote:

Fits in best here. If he had asked for similar experiences, perhaps Off Topic, but no.

It might not be a rant but it's good just to get things off your chest here. That's more what this place is for I think, I really wish people would stop trying to police what goes in and out of rants.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 10, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-08-09 18:55, Oran1324 wrote:

Gee, thanks Forum Patrol. But I think we can take it from here.

Hah, I hate running into people I haven't seen in forever. Usually there's a reason why I haven't talked to them for that long...so things get real akward real fast.

Sayara
Aug 10, 2006, 08:19 AM
I had the exact same problem a couple of months ago! Turns out the person i saw actually exists in Florida now. >_>

Wyndham
Aug 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-08-09 22:49, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:

I was just asking a question, you don't have to be a jerk.

Shadowpawn
Aug 10, 2006, 01:24 PM
That happened to me about a week about. A girl from my high school had remembered who I was but I didn't have the faintest idea who she was at all. I don't even think I knew her personally because she left school a year before I did.

I felt so bad too, she tried to start up a conversion with me about my old high school but I didn't know how respond. For me high school was done and over so I didn't have any fond memories. Oh well.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 10, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-08-10 09:04, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2006-08-09 22:49, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:

I was just asking a question, you don't have to be a jerk.

Heh, sorry. The problem w/ internet is that you can never tell if someone is being an ass or just engaging in standard chatter.

Honestly though, I don't really think it's our job to be keeping tabs on what's posted here. If it doesn't fit the category, oh well. Let the mods worry about it. I don't really see where else this could be placed, considering how Off-Topic is a little bit less "personal", so to speak. Rants is about our everyday lives, hence Dre_o posting here.