PDA

View Full Version : Seeking team partners^_^

Pandarino
Aug 12, 2006, 08:30 AM
Ok, I have enjoyed the offline part of the premiere disk very much even if it is just chapter one ("of light and darkness") and now I have created my character and done some mission with kind japanese players. I'd love to meet some of you to show me around PSU. Please tell me where to find you.

Saner
Aug 12, 2006, 09:08 PM
chapter one???? of light and darkness?????

wow did it have lots of cutscenes and stuff and like the actual introduction of the story and characters and stuff??? what happens????? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Pandarino
Aug 12, 2006, 09:12 PM
Lol I know you have probably been told a lot of times what happens at the beginning of the game but I ACTUALLY was impressed by how JRPG it was. There are tons of cutscenes (both real time and CG) an you really have the feeling of entering a solid, narrative plot.

Foxix
Aug 13, 2006, 12:04 AM
mmm remember that the demo disc you got was Japan only, so... no actually we have no idea whatsoever of what actually happens at the begining of the game. Not many people living in japan seem to visit this site. So going into excruciating detail would be very informative and new info O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-08-12 22:05 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Aug 13, 2006, 01:05 AM
OK where do you want to meet?

Pandarino
Aug 13, 2006, 02:37 AM
What about on server 02 in front of the guardian desk (5F), you tell me what time (japanese time)

Pandarino
Aug 13, 2006, 02:48 AM
edit: my char is named Mandarino, and it s a human female.
tonight around 2100 would be lovely since I had some rest thanks to the Obon.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 13, 2006, 03:24 AM
OK no problem, I need a nap first.

Not got any sleep this weekend thanks to queueing outside the damn stores.

Pandarino
Aug 13, 2006, 04:20 AM
LOL! The store in Akihabara was not so crowded. See you tonight ^_^

Roken
Aug 13, 2006, 10:40 AM
.................................................. .............

::wants to play too::

Fleece
Aug 13, 2006, 10:44 AM
*Freezes Roken in cryostasis*

Ill wake you in a couple of months

*2 months later*

*Is too Busy playing PSU*

Zarbolord
Aug 13, 2006, 10:45 AM
;-;
Why do they do this? It makes us others cry ;-;

EtherForce
Aug 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
*zombie moan* Must play PSU *more moaning*

Axios-
Aug 13, 2006, 12:40 PM
They could easily take this conversation over to PMs, but they dare not do that for this is the closest many of us will come to playing PSU for months.

Saner
Aug 13, 2006, 01:03 PM
aaaah so like what happens in the demo's story cutscenes and stuff? any videos? media? stuff? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

zandra117
Aug 13, 2006, 03:59 PM
Why cant you guys do what the PC beta testers did and record some videos and pictures to share with us?

I had no idea that anyone at PSOW got their hands on the ps2 beta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-08-13 14:01 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 13, 2006, 04:02 PM
ya it would be nice to share pics and videos here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I mean all you need is a capture card I think.

zandra117
Aug 13, 2006, 04:26 PM
All you need is a video camera that you can record your screen with.

Foxix
Aug 13, 2006, 04:49 PM
It would be so nice... help ease the pain. We ARE addicts afterall.

watashiwa
Aug 13, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-08-13 11:03, Saner wrote:
aaaah so like what happens in the demo's story cutscenes and stuff? any videos? media? stuff? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I posted all the videos (and music) from the PSU Premiere disc elsewhere. They're direct rips from the DVD. I even found some music that isn't used on the disc and some that wasn't even in the PC Beta..

You can find the direct download to all of it if you look hard enough.

You're not allowed to ask for the link or even a hint to the link in this topic or in PM to anyone on this board, though.. So, good luck. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-08-13 15:22 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 13, 2006, 08:41 PM
whaaaat?

okay okay *looks around* I am not requesting a link or anything about it. just to make that clear. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

so I guess media from the premiere disc is illegal?

but WHAT ABOUT all the closed beta media? people poured in all that stuff on this board all the time when it came out! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

Pandarino
Aug 13, 2006, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone,
I didn't mean to offend anyone or "to show off" posting here. Since I didn't know who had the game I didn't know who to PM. I'll use them from know on.

I have not that many tools here in Japan but I will try to make some videos with my camera and If they are watchable I will put them on the web.

For Saner and the others.
The story portion of the game starts with a spoken introduction of the Gurhal System and its races, the never ending war, the long awaited peace and the incoming celebrations. This is illustrated by artworks and CG movies.

The proper game starts with another CG sequence: the Guardian Colony and Parum are filled with people**waiting for the celebrations. Huge screens are placed everywhere so that more people can attend the ceremony. Spaceships fire fireworks in the universe.

Real time cut scene: Ethan, that has just finished his part time job, is called by is little sister Lumia. She wants him to hurry up because she's eager to find good seats for the show. Ethan hops on his flying skateboard and starts to sprint through the town...until he accidentally hits a car that Gwen Stefani and Dolce&Gabbana would find somehow kitch. The car driver, a male newman wearing religious clothing, and a cute female newman dressed in pink get out of the car. The girl surprises Ethan casting a healing tech on his hut knee. He's clearly impressed by her looks and abilities. Just when she's about to tell him her name, the car driver patronizes her and tells her to get going.

Right after this, the opening movie plays. It's the one with Mirei - sama dressed up for the religious ceremony at the very beginning. I love the song but I prefer the orchestral version to the Jpop version (that is also enjoyable).

Dark screen and white text : "Chapter One" - Of light and darkness

A very nervous Lumia is waiting at the central table in the Guardian Colony. Ethan and her sister make their way to the Monorail Station on the 4th floor. As they are approaching the trains, Lumia's Meseta Card is pick pocketed by a rather FOnewmn looking guy. We have to find him in the monorail system.
Once we are done with this, the ceremony starts and yet another CG movie shows the cute girl we met earlier displayed on the huge screens. She' s wearing a very long, eastern looking, white dress. Everybody starts to scream "Mirei samaaaa, Mirei samaaaaaaa". She happens to be the front girl of a religious society and the idol of the Gurhal teenegers (am I the only one to find this pairing disturbing? >_>). Ethan must have slpet under a rock for years...as Lumia starts to scream, boy band concert like ("Mirei samaaa"), Mirei feels a ominous presence and right after the colony is attacked by an unknown enemy.
Everybody is fleeing but Lumia (...) gets trapped under falling rocks. Seeking help we run into Leo, a wild eyed beast working in the "Guardians" , the local spin on the "Hunter's Guild" concept. As he gets injured as well he gives us some weapons and a voice communicator to help us finding our sister and other trapped people. After some very PSO-ish, addicting and simple game play, we also receive the help of the guy who stole Lumia's card along with one of his 2 FOnewmn looking brothers. They try hard to be funny.
Later on we have to use goggles to spot weak points in the breaking walls and make our way. Ethan is enjoying using weapons and toys quite a lot.
After rescuing our little sister and meeting the 3 weirdos once again, Leo (who seems to have scouted a**great potential) asks Ethan if he wants to enter the Guardians but our hero says he's just gonna think about it.
A very sad song plays through the credits and a trailer with images of chapter 2 plays. (this involves a farm, a spoiled child and a robotic baby sitter).

Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my native language -_-;

Saner
Aug 14, 2006, 01:57 AM
On 2006-08-13 19:58, Pandarino wrote:
Hi everyone,
I didn't mean to offend anyone or "to show off" posting here. Since I didn't know who had the game I didn't know who to PM. I'll use them from know on.

I have not that many tools here in Japan but I will try to make some videos with my camera and If they are watchable I will put them on the web.

For Saner and the others.
The story portion of the game starts with a spoken introduction of the Gurhal System and its races, the never ending war, the long awaited peace and the incoming celebrations. This is illustrated by artworks and CG movies.

The proper game starts with another CG sequence: the Guardian Colony and Parum are filled with people**waiting for the celebrations. Huge screens are placed everywhere so that more people can attend the ceremony. Spaceships fire fireworks in the universe.

Real time cut scene: Ethan, that has just finished his part time job, is called by is little sister Lumia. She wants him to hurry up because she's eager to find good seats for the show. Ethan hops on his flying skateboard and starts to sprint through the town...until he accidentally hits a car that Gwen Stefani and Dolce&Gabbana would find somehow kitch. The car driver, a male newman wearing religious clothing, and a cute female newman dressed in pink get out of the car. The girl surprises Ethan casting a healing tech on his hut knee. He's clearly impressed by her looks and abilities. Just when she's about to tell him her name, the car driver patronizes her and tells her to get going.

Right after this, the opening movie plays. It's the one with Mirei - sama dressed up for the religious ceremony at the very beginning. I love the song but I prefer the orchestral version to the Jpop version (that is also enjoyable).

Dark screen and white text : "Chapter One" - Of light and darkness

A very nervous Lumia is waiting at the central table in the Guardian Colony. Ethan and her sister make their way to the Monorail Station on the 4th floor. As they are approaching the trains, Lumia's Meseta Card is pick pocketed by a rather FOnewmn looking guy. We have to find him in the monorail system.
Once we are done with this, the ceremony starts and yet another CG movie shows the cute girl we met earlier displayed on the huge screens. She' s wearing a very long, eastern looking, white dress. Everybody starts to scream "Mirei samaaaa, Mirei samaaaaaaa". She happens to be the front girl of a religious society and the idol of the Gurhal teenegers (am I the only one to find this pairing disturbing? >_>). Ethan must have slpet under a rock for years...as Lumia starts to scream, boy band concert like ("Mirei samaaa"), Mirei feels a ominous presence and right after the colony is attacked by an unknown enemy.
Everybody is fleeing but Lumia (...) gets trapped under falling rocks. Seeking help we run into Leo, a wild eyed beast working in the "Guardians" , the local spin on the "Hunter's Guild" concept. As he gets injured as well he gives us some weapons and a voice communicator to help us finding our sister and other trapped people. After some very PSO-ish, addicting and simple game play, we also receive the help of the guy who stole Lumia's card along with one of his 2 FOnewmn looking brothers. They try hard to be funny.
Later on we have to use goggles to spot weak points in the breaking walls and make our way. Ethan is enjoying using weapons and toys quite a lot.
After rescuing our little sister and meeting the 3 weirdos once again, Leo (who seems to have scouted a**great potential) asks Ethan if he wants to enter the Guardians but our hero says he's just gonna think about it.
A very sad song plays through the credits and a trailer with images of chapter 2 plays. (this involves a farm, a spoiled child and a robotic baby sitter).

Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my native language -_-;

THANK YOUUUU!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Your english is excellent! I understood what you were saying. Good sense of humor too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Have fun with the Premiere Disc! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Phaze37
Aug 14, 2006, 03:47 AM
I have a few questions about the premiere disc:

Is it possible to set chat shortcuts to buttons or keys?

What are the default controls like on the PS2? I know it's alot to ask, but if you could go into detail or just list what each button does I'd be grateful.

Foxix
Aug 14, 2006, 04:03 AM
Thank you so much! It seems to me like there might be too many cutscenes and not enough game play or that it might end up boiling down to simple "go fetch" quests. I hope this is not the case in the final version. This was just the start so I am sure there is plenty of room for growth.

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 14, 2006, 04:19 AM
Well, it is the beginning of the game so of course there'll be more cutscene than gameplay. Besides, it's a story mode.

And Pandarino, your English is better than most of the native speakers that I know of both in real life and on the Internet. And from what you've told us, I'm going to assume that your Japanese is better than mine. (Sumimasen, hiragana to katakana o kakeru ga, Romanji dake typing o dekiru. Anata no Nihongo no hou ga watashi no yori ii desu ne? Renshuu o shitara ii desu ka? Ichinen kara Nihongo no gakusei desu ga, jouzu janai. Jouzu ni naritai desu.)

Saner
Aug 14, 2006, 07:20 AM
lots of cutscenes is great! the story mode after all is telling a story. there will be plenty of gameplay stuff too!

Fleece
Aug 14, 2006, 07:38 AM
On 2006-08-13 19:58, Pandarino wrote:

Everybody starts to scream "Mirei samaaaa, Mirei samaaaaaaa". She happens to be the front girl of a religious society and the idol of the Gurhal teenegers (am I the only one to find this pairing disturbing? >_>). Ethan must have slpet under a rock for years...

You speak English a lot better than some of the English people I know but that's probably because they're not even interested in their own culture. Thanks for the introduction to the story as well, I'd gathered it went something along the lines of that from all the videos I've downloaded etc.

Oh and regarding the quote, maybe Ethan just doesn't watch Television much Lol, He's probably a massive chess fan.

PandaMasterX4
Aug 14, 2006, 10:20 AM
This seriously makes me hate the US

Saner
Aug 15, 2006, 11:35 AM
just because Japan gets the game sooner and extra game goodies?

from what I hear, life isn't that easy over there. heard the student suicide rate is high too.