PDA

View Full Version : Add to the list of stupid named for PSU.

KylePhoenix
Aug 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
Goku.
Tidus.
Locke.
Sephiroth.
Jack Sparrow.
Cloud.
Trunks.

Carry on for me.

Saner
Aug 15, 2006, 08:38 AM
Anything that refers to anything disgusting.

This includes private parts and other offensive words (racial, religious, etc.) turned into names.

KylePhoenix
Aug 15, 2006, 08:41 AM
True story.

Emrald
Aug 15, 2006, 09:06 AM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH CLOUD?! OR SEPHIROTH what about Batou? HE'S FROM GHOST IN THE SHELL!

My list of stupid names

(I once saw this)

Milk me

Saner (Lol JK)

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 15, 2006, 09:07 AM
Akuma is confirmed

tank1
Aug 15, 2006, 09:08 AM
People who whinge about peoples names.

Tycho
Aug 15, 2006, 09:11 AM
Names plagiarized without subtle concealment.

Emrald
Aug 15, 2006, 09:13 AM
oo those are good ones for stupid

Here's one

YouTube (i sawsomeone with that name!)

Saner
Aug 15, 2006, 09:32 AM
On 2006-08-15 07:06, coolcat33333 wrote:
WHAT'S WRONG WITH CLOUD?! OR SEPHIROTH what about Batou? HE'S FROM GHOST IN THE SHELL!

My list of stupid names

(I once saw this)

Milk me

Saner (Lol JK)

Why youuuuu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_salad.gif

anyways I'm not going to use Saner. I rather be 'anonymous'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

so if you see someone online in PSU with that name, it's an imposter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/sprite.gif

Emrald
Aug 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
okay ^_^

My names will be

Emrald???

COOLCAT

John Mata

Dark Saivor

Zeota
Aug 15, 2006, 10:11 AM
Here's one I saw in DCv2

ColostomyBag

Dhylec
Aug 15, 2006, 10:13 AM
The anime/game characters' names aren't stupid. It's the players who act stupid using those names.

OdinTyler
Aug 15, 2006, 10:16 AM
I nominate a bad name:

Saner

I kid! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seriously, I always thought it...um...interesting that Saner was named after a speed-up tech. I wonder if such a tech exists in PSU. If that's the case, I'd expect Saner to be very...the word is...
HYPER...yeah, that's it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

zandra117
Aug 15, 2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone with SSJ in their name.

DoctorShasta
Aug 15, 2006, 10:51 AM
Yea, I hate when people use names like "cloud" or "sephiroth" WE ALL KNOW that sephiroth and cloud and SSJ Goku are the coolest but people need to be more original.

Zeota
Aug 15, 2006, 11:08 AM
I dunno about the rest of you, but I like to use names from games/anime that not too many are familiar with.

KylePhoenix
Aug 15, 2006, 11:15 AM
On 2006-08-15 09:08, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
I dunno about the rest of you, but I like to use names from games/anime that not too many are familiar with.

Tellah is a unsung FF character, and he blatently is the best.

Zeig123
Aug 15, 2006, 12:19 PM
Im gonna laugh when I see people running around with names like
Sasuke
Naruto
Sakura
Gaara
Rock Lee
and so on

LightBreaker
Aug 15, 2006, 12:30 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifSakura is a fairly common name. The other Naruto names I could see be somewhat of an annoyance.

JAR
Aug 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
Definitely gonna see Naruto out there, maybe some Legolases out there for those newman rangers.

Zeig123
Aug 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
oh didnt know about sakura then thats fine but yah I cant wait till someone pops out.....
hi Im naruto whats your name.....

DLShAdOw
Aug 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
anything with shadow in it...>_>

Numnuttz
Aug 15, 2006, 01:47 PM
lol anime names arent really bad but i think their considered bad because of how many times people use them. Also like what everyone has said so far its more of the people than the actual name that makes them bad too. I too will most likely use some anime names because well im into anime. But i plan to use names that people would rarely use or have never seen before.

EtherForce
Aug 15, 2006, 01:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/EtherForce/NarutoPSU.jpg
Hah hah, I had to.

Fleece
Aug 15, 2006, 02:00 PM
On 2006-08-15 10:19, Zeig123 wrote:
Im gonna laugh when I see people running around with names like
Sasuke
Naruto
Sakura
Gaara
Rock Lee
and so on

I believe Sakura means Rose...i think

Can i be called Flapsuke or Sasflaps, in honour of curse seal 2 sasuke.

Pure-chan
Aug 15, 2006, 02:02 PM
If I may throw a few suggestions in the ring:

* Anything starting with "xX" and ending with "Xx".
* Anything starting with ":+:" and ending with ":+:".
* Anything involving "aLtErNaTiNg cApS".
* anything in ALL CAPS.
* Anything with numeric suffixes, (ex. "69," "187," "420," "666," "1337," et. al)
* Anything involving leetspeak.
* Anything involving worn out fantasy adjectives, such as "Dark," "evil," "angel," "elf," etc.
* Any religious references like "Sin," or "Holy".
* Any overused new-age/mystic names like "Aura," or "Skye".
* Any variation of the word "cat". ("Kitty," "kitten," "Kat," "Neko,").
* Anything ending with a "z" where really, an "s" should suffice. (dArK kIlLaZ, etc.)
* Anything referencing ubiqutous characters from other games. (Link, Samus, Sephiroth, Cloud, Akuma etc.)
* Any usage of well know cartoon characters (Optimus Prime, Goku, Naruto, etc.)
* Any blatant usage of universally known jp names, like "Sakura".
* Anything involving drug references (ex. dArK tOkErZ, sInIsTeR sMoKeRz). We get it. You're equal parts evil and Steve Miller Band. Good job.

That's all I could come up with for now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Zeig123
Aug 15, 2006, 02:03 PM
[/quote]

Can i be called Flapsuke or Sasflaps, in honour of curse seal 2 sasuke.

[/quote]
I dont really care cause those aren't sasuke its changed to become an original name

Also nice job with the naruto Human

Eternal255
Aug 15, 2006, 02:04 PM
who gives a damn....

and Pure-chan, u might as well say all names suck

seriously who cares what people names their characters

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eternal255 on 2006-08-15 12:07 ]</font>

Pure-chan
Aug 15, 2006, 02:06 PM
On 2006-08-15 12:00, Fleece wrote:

Close. It means 'cherry blossom', but at this point, it might as well mean 'Overused Name'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-08-15 12:07 ]</font>

DoctorShasta
Aug 15, 2006, 02:18 PM
btw just so everyone knows in the manga naruto never says "believe it!" I think they just added that into the anime or maybe just added it into the english version, but personally I hate that catch phrase, to tell you the truth naruto's character sometimes annoys me but I love the manga, but I am getting WAY off topic.

Anyway Pure-chan I agree with you on most those points but isn't using sufixes like "chan" or "san" also common in online names?

Ibuka
Aug 15, 2006, 02:23 PM
I don't see anything wrong with being name atfer stuff... In fact i kinda like it XD
On GC and DC PSO my main character was a Humar name RYU even though i wasn't copying SF Ryu or any other characters name Ryu people use to bash me and make fun of my character think i was some noob when i enter a team. But when they saw how i played was out doing them and was playing legitly the became to respect and could still which Ryu i was from all the other Ryu's out there. PSU i'm gonna fix that and call my self Ryu Gensho so that won't really be a problem.

Thing is thought you shouldn't knock people that doesn't really have an orginal name cause you don't know how good they can be.
My orgninal character is Ryoka, which was a RAmarl on GC and shockly i was the only person name Ryoka from what i knew and what others said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-08-15 12:41 ]</font>

l3iohazard
Aug 15, 2006, 02:33 PM
Major woody
Private Parts
any anime name >_>
Milfhunter
masterbation
69 man
tranny
transexual

i could go on forever

PJ
Aug 15, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-08-15 12:06, Pure-chan wrote:
Close. It means 'cherry blossom', but at this point, it might as well mean 'Overused Name'.

XD

One of my original RAmarls used the name Sakura, cause I thought it was cool

Good times

But yeah, terrible XD

I like the made up word nicknames http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ShadowDragon28
Aug 15, 2006, 03:23 PM
Religion based names or names of celeberties are tacky.

i.e.

Sephiroth

( actually NOT originally a FF7 villain but a term from Qabballa~a form of deeply profound jewish mysticism. Sephiroth (plural form of Sephira) which means "cyphers/most sacred Word/Immanations of God" that make Creation and Life exist to put it "simply".

So "Sephiroth" means "Divine Words/Immanations of God" So IMNHO *not* an appropriate name for a PSU character.... To those like myself that study alot of esoteric subjects, I find immature jerks et all that used that "name" in PSO to be lame and repugnant.

What's next characters named "Sacrament", "Trans-substantiation", " Babtism" "Bharmitzva (sp)" ? Lay off the religious names Please?

other names that should NOT be used:

"Jesus Christ"
"Mary Magdalene"
" Moses "
" Buddha"
" Gandhi "

Any and all well known names of any saints, angels, gods etc... makes it seem like hubris.

Bruce Lee

Madonna

Etc... using any well know celeberty names are tacky.

Especially bad was this one racist jerk that would spam this one PSO lobby with word bubble filled with hateful racist phrazes whose character was named "Bruce Lee". Highly disrespectful to Bruce Lee's memory and everything he stood for. That was digusting to say the least.

Arrow203
Aug 15, 2006, 03:29 PM
I would also have to agree with people using all caps, using l33t type, and using the game type names such as clound seph.. etc..

beatrixkiddo
Aug 15, 2006, 03:38 PM
I can still make Hitler though, right?

-Crokar-
Aug 15, 2006, 03:43 PM
who cares what people name their characters its their choice. your the ones being lame by attacking their choice of names. its just a game who cares if there is 300 clouds and sepheroths. you know its gonna happen so get over it. people naming there characters after cartoons and celebrities. there is nothing wrong with that. nor is there a problem with using common japanese names. there just names if you dont like there names for these stupid reasons dont play with them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-08-15 13:46 ]</font>

Phaze37
Aug 15, 2006, 03:43 PM
Personally I think Naruto is a stupid show. Real ninjas are far cooler and a skilled real ninja could beat any of the Naruto characters. Not in open combat perhaps, but what kind of a loser ninja fights his opponents head-on like on they do in the show? How dare they call themselves ninjas...

Naming your character after characters from animes and videogames isn't that bad, as long as it's not overused or from a bad anime like Dragonball Z or Naruto. Though personally I don't start using unoriginal names until my 4th or 5th character, and even then I only do that when it's possible to make a character that really looks like the character I'm naming him after. In PSO it was possible to make a RAmarl who looked EXACTLY like Leona from King Of Fighters, so I just HAD to do it...

Add to that list any names that prove that the player has an overinflated ego. Noone thinks your cool because you call yourself something like Ultimate Warrior or Elite Ninja, especially when you don't have the skills to back up your claim.

Parn
Aug 15, 2006, 03:46 PM
It's hilarious how you have anime lovers with -chan in their username talking about how people using common Japanese words/names like Sakura are lame, folks with anime names blabbing on about how lame people are for using l33t-speak names, then folks with l33t-speak names blabbing on how anime names suck. How petty can you get? Maybe I'll name my character Parn. Maybe I'll use my alternate alias Meicyn that I use on most MMOs since it's never taken. Maybe I'll name my character Cupcakes. What difference does it really make? In the end, I'm still the same person behind the alias, and this discussion of "stupid names" right now reminds me a lot of 3rd grade recess.

"I hate everything that doesn't fit into my selfish world perspective on how everyone should name their characters" pretty much sums up this entire thread. Maybe we should start another message thread dictating how people should name their characters for each race. We could all make up our own rules like "all casts must have numbers in their name for a designation; otherwise you aren't a real cast" or something equally as ridiculous.

Dirty_Filthy
Aug 15, 2006, 04:02 PM
This is precisely why we should just do away with naming things.

DoctorShasta
Aug 15, 2006, 04:11 PM
Phaze your right in saying that they don't act like normal ninjas, naruto wears bright orange i mean, come on? But I don't really think they were meant to be viewed in the classical sense of ninja's I think the author just needed a word and didn't wanna make one up it is still a good manga, and parn and crokar are right we should really just let this topic die everyone is being very judgemental

ShadowDragon28
Aug 15, 2006, 04:13 PM
My only point is that I think it's can be disingenuous(s), a little disrepectful, and just a bit pretentenious and somewhat hubristic to name a fantasy videogame character with a term or figure from any religion or use a celeberties name; whic is often used by players that are fairly naive, hubristic, and often act in various inappropriate ways.

Such persons that act that way seem to overuse unoriginal anime/leet/slang names. It's moderately bothersome IMO, sometime a bit disrespectful, and pretty unoriginal IMO.

Though it's not so much the names that matter, but the attitude and behavior of the players that does matter.

vitius137
Aug 15, 2006, 04:15 PM
stupid names= ones with with the word Azn in it or one that uses 1337 speak. It's just annoying -_-

Inspektahdek
Aug 15, 2006, 04:18 PM
etherforce your character appears to be 11 years old

uhawww
Aug 15, 2006, 04:23 PM
I swear...
if I run into anyone named Nol...

Pure-chan
Aug 15, 2006, 04:37 PM
On 2006-08-15 12:18, DoctorShasta wrote:
Anyway Pure-chan I agree with you on most those points but isn't using sufixes like "chan" or "san" also common in online names?

Yep and I figured it would get mentioned sooner or later. My foni was named 'Pure' on gc. One of my best friends on gc was in Osaka. She called me Pure-chan enough that I ended up sort of stuck with the nickname. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Still, chan and san are overused, too - so guilty as charged in respect to the message board. That said, none of my characters have had, or will have a jp suffix like "chan," "san," "kun," "sama," etc. next to their names.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edit: Off topic, but in response to the post, I should probably also mention that I get "chan" added to my real name for pretty close to 8 hours a day IRL, (at any given time, there are a around 200 native japanese speaking employees where I work). So... I can confirm that it's as overused IRL as it is online... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-08-15 15:04 ]</font>

theShoal
Aug 15, 2006, 04:46 PM
I think Shoal is a stupid name.

Pure-chan
Aug 15, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-08-15 14:46, theShoal wrote:
I think Shoal is a stupid name.

shoal(1) - n.

1. A shallow place in a body of water.
2. A sandy elevation of the bottom of a body of water, constituting a hazard to navigation; a sandbank or sandbar.

shoal(2) - n.

A large group; a crowd.
A large school of fish or other marine animals.

...it's different at least http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

theShoal
Aug 15, 2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah. Thats why I like it.

hypersaxon
Aug 15, 2006, 05:05 PM
SaXoN iZ tEh GhEy

Anyone uses this name or anything similar, you're dead!

Tystys
Aug 15, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-08-15 08:16, OdinTyler wrote:
I nominate a bad name:

Saner

I kid! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seriously, I always thought it...um...interesting that Saner was named after a speed-up tech. I wonder if such a tech exists in PSU. If that's the case, I'd expect Saner to be very...the word is...
HYPER...yeah, that's it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Odin Tyler is SUCH a horrible name.

NO ORIGINALITY WHAT SO EVER.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryudo
Aug 15, 2006, 11:13 PM
the only time names are really stupid is when you have to type it into a box to whisper someone and they have a name that's impossible to type

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2006, 12:26 AM
You can't hate on Cloud....
ttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f231/phwi/Cosplay/cloudkh.jpg
That's the real reosn why they swarm...
If I find anoboyd called Zidane I will headbutt them.

White_Zephyr
Aug 16, 2006, 12:37 AM
With Bleach coming to CN? We'll see more than 1 (500) Ichigo running around...Oh wait, or are they gonna name him Strawberry for the US television debute. Either way Bleach is ruined and PSU will be poisoned with Bleach names.

(For the longest time I thought they were gonna make Naruto into Nathan for US audiences -_-;)

BTW Sakura is cherry blossom and a common female name. I'd be more upset if I saw a Rock Lee, because you'd know for SURE they were ripping off Naruto.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: White_Zephyr on 2006-08-15 22:40 ]</font>

Saner
Aug 16, 2006, 12:40 AM
I never watched Bleach so those names will sound generic to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

White_Zephyr
Aug 16, 2006, 12:48 AM
I think we can all agree that obscure anime/game characters names are ok. If I ever met a Gattsu or Guts, and they follow Berserk... BAM! new best friend. If I met a Gaara I'd call them a bandwagon jumper and laugh. Hard.

Saner, quick, watch Bleach before it's bastardized ; ;

ColonD
Aug 16, 2006, 12:49 AM
I'm allright with anime names, just no ALL CAPS, or alternating caps. Or crazy symbols. If it's done like a regular name, I'm allright.

... Unless it's Mome, Nol, or other token usless NPC.

... ColonD is also a horrible name. Seriously people, don't use it.

And to reply to something on the first page:
Yes, Tellah kicked ass, in the magical sence.
(Though I'd still rather hook myself on a date with Lutz. Or make my own... and pretend I hooked myself on a date with Lutz)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ColonD on 2006-08-15 22:52 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2006, 12:56 AM
As I see no Pikachus aroudn.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2006, 12:58 AM
As I see no Pikachus aroudn.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saner
Aug 16, 2006, 01:04 AM
I never really noticed any Pokemon names in the online RPGs I played. pretty funny considering that was Nintendo's most successful franchise for a very long time. even now I think.

White_Zephyr
Aug 16, 2006, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't be mad if I saw a Pokemon name, it's been long enough so that they are more nostalgic than annoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If someone used a pokemon name that was beyond the original 151, I doubt anyone would know what you were anyway... no one plays the new pokemon games XD

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2006, 01:11 AM
Yup Celebi is gonna kick somebody in the nuts...

CupOfCoffee
Aug 16, 2006, 01:40 AM
The only names I find truly stupid are drug names or sexual names. SexGirl420 will never, ever get my guild card.

Then there are a whole slew of names I tend to kind of frown at, and not necessarily because it's a bad name--it's just the type of a name that a certain type of player typically has. DarkAngel. DemonSlayer. KillaAnything. DarkKillaAnything. xXDarkKillaAnythingXx. Most anime or obviously common Japanese names. Pretty standard fare, I suppose.

I for one don't really mind homage names, especially when it's in reference to a really awkward or untraditionally cool character. I'd tip my hat to anyone who could pull off a convincing geek stereotype character, even if it was from some stinky anime. I also like to see names of musicians I know (I saw a person named Rasputina on some other online game once and laughed). Even one of my characters has a stolen name--my RAcaseal Sophonax is a salute to a once-or-twice-mentioned golden cat daemon from The Golden Compass.

Sinue_v2
Aug 16, 2006, 01:52 AM
Leeeeroy Jeeeenkins!!!!!

Yeah, but I doubt you'd -EVER- get a party with that name....

White_Zephyr
Aug 16, 2006, 01:57 AM
least he's got chicken *kills self*

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 16, 2006, 02:05 AM
I can agree that ALL CAPS NAMES are NAMES WITH NUMBERS are stupid. But, what about obscure game homage names that just so happen to be ALL CAPS or have numbers in them?

For example, an all caps name like RUDO in reference to an old game where all the main characters had no idea how to use lowercase letters. Or IBIS or KOS-MOS (well, this name is a bit dangerous to use anyway) in reference to more recent characters that for some reason also don't have lowercasing.

What about a name like H-1 in reference to the classic Armored Core series? Without knowing AC, how could one think a name like H-1 isn't stupid? (well, at least we have the Cast race, that could help such names look better)

And then, what about characters that are named after plain English words, like Fog (original Japanese name) from Tales of Eternia, or Refill or Genius (also original Japanese names) from Tales of Symphonia?

Zarbolord
Aug 16, 2006, 02:53 AM
I custom my names most of the time. Although it would be funny to see them on my characters (I NEVER call my characters the same way, I must have made like 100 names...). One which I'm pretty proud of is Temli, called the Cowlick Clavat in FFCC like that, relates to time.
Stupid names are mostly ones that people really don't think about too much, you can actually feel when a name was hurridly made or thought about.

Foxix
Aug 16, 2006, 03:56 AM
So... caps and people that think there 1337. We agree that these all suck and that REALLY overrused japanese names that come from anime are terrible too.

I would like to see a person pull of Nyu from elfen lied (I have no idea if her name is spelled right). That character would kick so much ass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh and as for me, my characters always come out sounding really weird. Take these for example: Echlistes, Canacaeus, Darrakae, Erai, Meziac, Dingabelle, Foxix. Guess which ones don't quite fit the list?

Anyway I plan to use at least one of the longer names in there. These don't fall under the "too frickin' hard to spell in order to whisper" category do they? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 16, 2006, 04:15 AM
On 2006-08-16 01:56, Foxix wrote:
Echlistes, Canacaeus, Darrakae, Erai, Meziac, Dingabelle, Foxix. Guess which ones don't quite fit the list?

Ummm...Dingabelle and Foxix. Wait, was that a rhetorical question?

Anyway I plan to use at least one of the longer names in there. These don't fall under the "too frickin' hard to spell in order to whisper" category do they? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

*looks at the names*

We'll manage.

*looks at his own name and remembers frequent mispronounciations and people calling him Jifremonk*

...or maybe not.

Foxix
Aug 16, 2006, 04:19 AM
On 2006-08-16 02:15, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

*looks at the names*

We'll manage.

*looks at his own name and remembers frequent mispronounciations and people calling him Jifremonk*

...or maybe not.

No, suprisingly, that wasn't a rhetorical question O_o

I know what you mean man, If I use Canacaeus as one of my mains... I will get pestered just like in FFXI.
People always want to know how to pronounce a name with so many vowels. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-08-16 02:22 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Aug 16, 2006, 04:41 AM
You can expect me to make a character named Ussop, but it won't be a main and I'll just use it to piss off my friends XD

One piece names aren't used often. I've seen a Roronoa Zoro, And a Zolo on ragnarok, and one Luffy, but thats it.

I agree with the people who said AZN = Worst name ever. My friend used the name Fallen Angle, which was hilarious XD

Jozon
Aug 16, 2006, 04:55 AM
It doesn't really matter what they call their characters, it's there's to do with what they please(as long as it isn't offensive)

I could name my character doodly doodly doo, or Danger Mouse, as long as I find it amusing, or like it, should it really matter?

zandra117
Aug 16, 2006, 07:18 AM
On 2006-08-15 22:37, White_Zephyr wrote:
With Bleach coming to CN? We'll see more than 1 (500) Ichigo running around...Oh wait, or are they gonna name him Strawberry for the US television debute. Either way Bleach is ruined and PSU will be poisoned with Bleach names.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: White_Zephyr on 2006-08-15 22:40 ]</font>

Maybe we won't be flooded with Bleach names, It's premiereing on Adult Swim. I have seen very few people with Inuyasha names, FLCL names, and Samurai Champloo names. I've never seen any Scryed names. Maybe we wont see too much Bleach names, Usually people copy names from anime that premieres on Toonami.

mechalucifer
Aug 16, 2006, 08:01 AM
If you're ripping something off, at least make it somewhat your own. I played FFXI for a bit and I saw one of those catgirl people running around with the name Thundercat Ho. Overall though I like to see originals. I'm sure we'll see a slew of anime and videogame character name copycats, or anything mainstream really. It's ok though, those people hardly ever stay on one thing very long, and will probably find a new shiny object to distract them from PSU by the end of the first month.

KylePhoenix
Aug 16, 2006, 09:00 AM
I hope no one calls and makes their character identical to Ethan, that will be moronic.

OdinTyler
Aug 16, 2006, 10:15 AM
Now now, Tystys...

Don't get me started on joking on YOUR name! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Besides, I was joking with Saner. He ignored my joke ( http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) but its OK. He knows Im kidding...I think he knows, anyway.

Pure-chan
Aug 16, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-08-16 02:55, Jozon wrote:

I could name my character doodly doodly doo, or Danger Mouse, as long as I find it amusing, or like it, should it really matter?

You would instantly make my Top 10 list for awesome names, if you decided to name your character "doodly doodly doo". ...Somewhere between Arrrr Matey! and Curry Donut. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ibuka
Aug 16, 2006, 01:33 PM
Some people make names or copy of stuff to show there a fan of it. Which i don't mind cause 9 times out of 10 it's not like your gonna have to card them or be friends with the person anyway.

And even if you see that the person is cool and nice and seem like a good player that you would wanna add on your team, will that stop you from carding them if they have a name like Naruto,Goku,RYU,Akuma etc? It just shows there a fan of it that's all

Now i understand some people with those names are noobs... But some aren't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-08-16 11:36 ]</font>

_EiN_
Aug 16, 2006, 02:46 PM
Eriador
Akrass
Dozier
Luthien
Avon
Theredon
Argonaut

im really hoping you guys think these names suck so i could use them.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but, on the most part i agree with most of you guys on some of those horrible names.

i also find game titles annoying

EX. godofwar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _EiN_ on 2006-08-16 13:48 ]</font>