PDA

View Full Version : hmm, Has anyone found the answer to or asked this question y

kazuma56
Aug 15, 2006, 02:40 PM
Will the PS2 version allow for screen captures built into the game as it was with PSO V.2 onward? or is taking snaps on your PS2 still "unknown" at the moment?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-08-15 12:40 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Aug 15, 2006, 02:41 PM
It was stated that a screenshot feature will not be included.

kazuma56
Aug 15, 2006, 02:46 PM
damn...the reason I asked is because through all the articles/interviews released and didn't see anything mentioned about it...so I guess the PC version is the "best one" for taking snapshots of your characters without having to go into alternative methods.

I may have to rethink my PS2 purchase and might go PC as i've bought a PS2-PC USB adapter already.

VioletSkye
Aug 15, 2006, 02:47 PM
Here is the source that I remember seeing it from:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1389.html

Specifically:
Asked about the difference between PlayStation 2 and PC version, producer Miyoshi explained that both were basically identical. Three features however will be PC-exclusive: The keyboard support, the option to change the game's visual settings (resolution, number of characters displayed on screen) and the function to take screenshots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-08-15 12:48 ]</font>

kazuma56
Aug 15, 2006, 02:52 PM
Wait what? you can't use a USB PS2 keyboard? that makes absolutely no sense seeing has how its easily ready on the PS2 AND a majority of people who play online already have one (and if not, whats 10-15 bucks?).

Ibuka
Aug 15, 2006, 02:56 PM
I think he mean that you can play the game on KB without a controller

Fleece
Aug 15, 2006, 02:57 PM
No it means Playing the game Via the keyboard. obviously the ps2 doesnt need it, it HAS joypads. not everyone who owns a pc owns a joypad.

VioletSkye
Aug 15, 2006, 03:00 PM
Exactly. He's not saying you can't use a keyboard for communication. He is saying that it is not supported as a means of controlling your character.

Doh, Fleece beat me to the punch lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-08-15 13:00 ]</font>

Phaze37
Aug 15, 2006, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that means that you can't use a keyboard to control your character like you can in the PC version, but you can still use it to chat. Not having any keyboard support at all would be ludicrous.

kazuma56
Aug 15, 2006, 03:10 PM
The way he worded it seemed strange "keyboard support", if it said the ability to use the keyboard for character movement it'd make more sense....either way, it shouldn't have been stated at all because we know that the PC players who don't own a KB would already assume/know that they can use the keyboard and shouldn't be looked upon as a "difference" between the two technically.