PDA

View Full Version : Bad News: SIGN will not accept foreign credit cards

RSmiroldo
Aug 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
I don't know if this is common knowledge by now but, I read this on http://www.psupedia.org.

08/11/2006: JP PSU Developer's Blog now up Edit: SIGN apparently does not accept foreign CCs
Ryna on PSOW has posted in this thread that a new Developer Blog is now up on the official site. There appears to be little of interest at the moment, mostly talking about the Premiere Disc and the previous release date postponements from what I can see, but it is of course possible that important or otherwise noteworthy information may be revealed here! Mewn 06:19, 11 August 2006 (PDT)
Edit: beatrixkiddo informs us that the new payment system for Sega online games - SIGN - does NOT accept foreign CCs. Segalink stated this to kiddo's source, when asked about the possibility of the system accepting foreign CCs. Apparently SIGN uses the same overall template as SegaLink. This means you will have to rely on NetCash or a JP credit card. Mewn 15:00, August 11, 2006 (PDT)

Does this close the chapter on the foreign credit card hopes?

EDIT: Clarified the title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-08-15 18:41 ]</font>

Ryna
Aug 15, 2006, 06:24 PM
No offense to beatrixkiddo, but I'd reserve judgement until an official announcement is posted or the site goes live.

Inazuma
Aug 15, 2006, 06:35 PM
dunno if you guys read what i posted in another thread. but a friend of mine asked a sega employee about foreign cards and got the exact same explanation.

since sign is just using a new template and works thru segalink, it will not accept foreign cards.

uhawww
Aug 15, 2006, 06:36 PM
With the advent of Credit system debit media, delayed posting and transactioning means, with foreign cards, there is the possibility that inbetween point A and point B, they won't get paid.
I was prepared for this news and I don't blame them for doing this. International CC Fraud is a very serious, very costly matter, and, as I figure it, they don't think the ability to accept foreign credit cards is worth the potential for lost revenue due to uncolected fees.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-08-15 16:37 ]</font>

Ether
Aug 15, 2006, 06:42 PM
Sega must really hate making money

Mewn
Aug 15, 2006, 06:53 PM
On 2006-08-15 16:24, Ryna wrote:
No offense to beatrixkiddo, but I'd reserve judgement until an official announcement is posted or the site goes live.

Maybe, but kiddo got the information from a Japanese source (the same person as Inazuma's friend, I assume) and I trust it.

Still, I'd love to be proved wrong, I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Spellbinder
Aug 15, 2006, 07:08 PM
Still wondering about "Verified by Visa" though. I could have sworn someone around here said that's allowable.

Nisshoku
Aug 15, 2006, 07:29 PM
I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch just yet...I still want to see what Sega plans to do, upon the NA release of PSU...

Tystys
Aug 15, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-08-15 16:42, Ether wrote:
Sega must really hate making money

Nah, I just think they like making us suffer.

Parn
Aug 15, 2006, 07:37 PM
I like how we're condemning Sega over something we're technically not supposed to be doing anyway.

Tystys
Aug 15, 2006, 07:43 PM
It's a joke, Parn.

Don't be uptight about it XD

Parn
Aug 15, 2006, 07:44 PM
I was joking too. Really.

ShinMaruku
Aug 15, 2006, 07:53 PM
Sega obviously lacks thrift.....

Arrow203
Aug 15, 2006, 07:59 PM
Indeed... but i'd be doing what sega is doing by not accepting them due to the lost revenue due to uncolected fees. I wouldn't blame them, that's how they will make more money than they will lose.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 15, 2006, 08:23 PM
you could have just said "SIGN doesn't accept foreign cc's" as the topic title instead of "bad news.." so that you won't build any suspense. seeing "bad news" kinda scared me cuz I was thinking something like another delay or something.

RSmiroldo
Aug 15, 2006, 08:39 PM
if it was that important I wouldn't be the first person you would hear it from, but I guess next time I'll make the topic a little more straight forward.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
I will fund people for no charge beyond my Paypal fees if I befriend you online.

Meet me online in your free first 30 days and if I like you I'll help you out.

I want more English speakers to play, as I'll be honest, Japanese aren't chatty enough for my tastes.

RSmiroldo
Aug 15, 2006, 11:21 PM
In that case Shimarisu I'll see you online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just thought I should ask now so for your first month if I import you don't have to give your credit card information to play online?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RSmiroldo on 2006-08-15 21:25 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Aug 15, 2006, 11:24 PM
Aww shucks you guys wrote all this about me? >:3

And yes, Inazuma and my friend are one and the same.

RSmiroldo
Aug 15, 2006, 11:29 PM
Nevermind just read the new thread I'll see you guys online.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 16, 2006, 01:45 AM
On 2006-08-15 21:21, RSmiroldo wrote:
In that case Shimarisu I'll see you online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just thought I should ask now so for your first month if I import you don't have to give your credit card information to play online?

That shouldn't be the case as few people in Japan have a credit card.

That's what netcash is for.

As to needing to register online, they did that for PSOBB as it was a free download. I assume that for PSU, you'll just need your code on the box.

Tycho
Aug 16, 2006, 04:32 AM
On 2006-08-15 17:37, Parn wrote:
I like how we're condemning Sega over something we're technically not supposed to be doing anyway.
Perhaps not. But even if we might not be the target audience, I've never seen any "BTW NO GAIJIN ALLOWED" notes at least.

RLoge21
Aug 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
Just going to have to wait and see I guess.