PDA

View Full Version : first 30 days of psu jp are free

Inazuma
Aug 15, 2006, 07:28 PM
for those of you who are struggling to come up w/ a solution on paying for your guardians license, we will have 30 days of free netplay, so you can relax a bit.

even tho this has been known for a while, i figured we could all use a reminder.

Tystys
Aug 15, 2006, 07:31 PM
I didn't know that...although, I did pretty much see it coming XD

-Shimarisu-
Aug 15, 2006, 07:35 PM
Well order the game, meet me online and if you seem decent you can buy your netcash off me.

Tystys
Aug 15, 2006, 07:42 PM
Once I happen upon a fortune, I'll get right on that XD

LightBreaker
Aug 15, 2006, 07:51 PM
Really? That's great news. Do you have anything to back this up? Not that I dont believe you or anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Inazuma
Aug 15, 2006, 07:54 PM
watch the 3 part interview w/ psu producer miyoshi takao san. he mentions it there.

-Shimarisu-
Aug 15, 2006, 08:50 PM
It's not just in that info it's written all over the advertisements.

This is a definite, guys.

So you have 30 days to find me online and I'll decide if I can help you out with net cash.

Kyunji
Aug 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
Problem is that this will probably be "free" in the same sense as Blue Burst, in that you'll get free time, but only after registering an account and giving a credit card number/Netcash code, and if you cancel before the month is up, you won't get billed/lose Netcash. So really, you'll probably have to already have Netcash in order to play, thus making the whole "30 days to prove yourself" thing void.

Melian_PSUO
Aug 15, 2006, 09:13 PM
WOW, great news. I never read anything about this in this forum untill...now (although i try to read all).

Polly
Aug 15, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-08-15 19:07, Kyunji wrote:
Problem is that this will probably be "free" in the same sense as Blue Burst, in that you'll get free time, but only after registering an account and giving a credit card number/Netcash code, and if you cancel before the month is up, you won't get billed/lose Netcash. So really, you'll probably have to already have Netcash in order to play, thus making the whole "30 days to prove yourself" thing void.

Exactly what I was thinking. Every online game I've played that gave the user 30 days free always wanted you to punch in credit card information (BB would deduct and re-deposit like 1 or 2 cents to check the validity of the account). So, I'm pretty sure it's not as easy as just signing up. They could surprise me, but I kinda doubt it.

Pacpunk
Aug 15, 2006, 11:07 PM
all MMORPG's have 30 days free lol

Inazuma
Aug 15, 2006, 11:27 PM
i agree, it should be just like psobb. you dont need to enter cc info or net cash to start. you can play for free until your time is up. at that point, they put the account on hold until you pay to continue.

psobb jp ver did things differently.

Saner
Aug 15, 2006, 11:39 PM
FF11 required the credit card thing even for the free 30 days.

but if this is about trying to play the JP version online through netcash, then ya you gotta make a choice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I think the cc thing is for security so that ppl who play for 30 days free dont try using a different system or account or something to play another 30 days for free.

without credit card confirmation or up front payment for future subscriptions, I think people would find loopholes for playing every month without having to pay anything. and how could they keep track of who already spent their 30 days and who hasn't? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Arrow203
Aug 15, 2006, 11:41 PM
I dunno, FFXI Did require you to have a CC even for the 30 day free trial, so i can see how it would be required now for it :/

RSmiroldo
Aug 15, 2006, 11:46 PM
yeah I would imagine it would be required but couldn't they track your IP to make sure you don't go past a month, but to me it only seems logical that a cc would be required at sign up

Spellbinder
Aug 15, 2006, 11:55 PM
Couldn't they just use some serial number from the case to track your account and determine whether your 30 days are up or not?

Saner
Aug 15, 2006, 11:58 PM
that's if they choose to use that.

actually if I remember, PSO v1 had a special code on the disc itself that didn't allow it to be used on any other system than the one you registered it with.

Spellbinder
Aug 16, 2006, 12:00 AM
Exactly, and since the game has to be purchased rather than downloaded like on DC and GC, putting a serial number on the inside cover wouldn't be hard to do just like then. That way, when the 30 days are up, gotta whip out your credit card / netcash.

RSmiroldo
Aug 16, 2006, 12:01 AM
sounds like a plan for me if I remember correctly didn't gamecube use that and you made some sort of password?

Saner
Aug 16, 2006, 12:04 AM
oh well if they require credit card thing for even the 30 day trial,
I would just buy a pre-paid credit card or something and pay for a year subscription anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

if some of you just want the 30 day trial and have trouble getting a credit card,
maybe your parents can let you borrow theirs and before the 30 day trial is over you would cancel it so they don't get charged and you won't get in trouble. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Velocity_7
Aug 16, 2006, 01:02 AM
30-day trial would require a serial number on the box and that is enough for SEGA to really figure out who's eligible or not.

If you have more than one serial number, not only may it not be acceptable, but you'd probably be spending a whole crapload of cash just for that sort of thing.

Saner
Aug 16, 2006, 01:06 AM
to get another serial number you would have to buy another copy.

vitius137
Aug 16, 2006, 01:46 AM
any chance of a free trial for the US release? (sorry if this has been mentioned before)

Saner
Aug 16, 2006, 06:29 AM
U.S. will have a 30 day free trial.

Keyeszx
Aug 16, 2006, 12:39 PM
wat about the USA players do they get 30 days free

Eternal255
Aug 16, 2006, 12:43 PM
just JP?

Ryna
Aug 16, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-08-16 10:39, Keyeszx wrote:
What about the USA players? Do they get 30 days free?

We do not know yet.