PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand "Expert" thingy..

KylePhoenix
Aug 17, 2006, 07:58 AM
Can some kind soul please explain in detail what it is?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KylePhoenix on 2006-08-17 05:58 ]</font>

Axios-
Aug 17, 2006, 08:00 AM
It was mentioned via an interview, and it basically stated that it was a function later in the game that would allow you to play 2 classes simultaneously. HU/RA, RA/FO, etc. However, aside from that, nothing else is known about it. We don't know how it will work, when it'll come into play, or precisely what it'll do.

KylePhoenix
Aug 17, 2006, 08:04 AM
Can you play e.g. RaRa then?

Axios-
Aug 17, 2006, 08:10 AM
Stuff along those lines is still unknown, but I feel that instead of playing RA/RA, you could just opt not to take advantage of expert type and just stay pure in your class. Someone who stays pure may end up being a better Ranger, but not as versatile of a character so it would balance out. That would work to allow people to enter expert type or avoid it based of preference without having either person feel gimped. Of course, it's just speculation.

Tycho
Aug 17, 2006, 09:40 AM
'RaRa' is still just called 'Ranger'. o_O;

KylePhoenix
Aug 17, 2006, 09:44 AM
lol. I'd stick as a Fo/Fo then >.<

Bleu
Aug 17, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-08-17 06:10, Axios- wrote:
Stuff along those lines is still unknown, but I feel that instead of playing RA/RA, you could just opt not to take advantage of expert type and just stay pure in your class. Someone who stays pure may end up being a better Ranger, but not as versatile of a character so it would balance out. That would work to allow people to enter expert type or avoid it based of preference without having either person feel gimped. Of course, it's just speculation.

Hmm...stay pure in your class. Heres a thought, say you do stay pure in your class and not go dual-classing. Perhaps if you stay pure you will be able to have special certain weapons/armors, or you could go in the reverse and the dual-classes could have stuff only they could use. I dunno, whacky idea I suppose. Opinions?

Axios-
Aug 17, 2006, 09:57 AM
The way that I feel it will be is that once you achieve the level requirement to access expert type, you continue leveling normal but designate which class you're leveling specifically. During this time you're using both your classes simultaneously. A person who is leveling two classes is going to be weaker in each class, but will remain as an effective character through versatility and steady growth. A person who stays pure would continue along their premeditated path and execute their chosen class to it fullest. That character would gain its power by reaching the upper levels of that class quicker but won't be as versatile or a "jack of two trades". Whether that's good or bad is up to the individual.

This is still speculation. Please don't lynch me. /disclaimer

Roffkaiser
Aug 17, 2006, 04:17 PM
I am on the same train of thought as Axios, and you have to remember that for the expert type to really be worth doing you would have had to of been switching classes some times anyway so that you aren't going to be a level 80 RA and level 1 FO for example, which wouldn't be very effective at all. But I feel tat Axios basically nailed it in my mind.

Pure-chan
Aug 17, 2006, 05:29 PM
On 2006-08-17 07:40, Tycho wrote:
'RaRa' is still just called 'Ranger'. o_O;

...unless as a RaRa you could dual weild cannons/mechs/rifles/shots, or double your ATA - something like that... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif (not suggesting it's possible - although it would provide clear impetus to stay with one assignment, instead of splitting off RaFo for the sdjz.)

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 17, 2006, 05:37 PM
I thought it was the other way around? Normally, you'd learn whatever abilities you want, but later on you opt to become an Expert in a specific class?

Sev
Aug 17, 2006, 05:38 PM
Alot of the details will be known probably before the game hits our shores. It was never specified whether or not it would be combining classes or whether it would be different classes entirely. I'm sure there could be alot of different options if it was simply different classes but that's... All just my speculation. I do hope that they are different titles in general though.

Arrow203
Aug 17, 2006, 06:50 PM
Well if its like anything in Axios post, then i plan on staying a pure RACast..

Roffkaiser
Aug 17, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-08-17 15:38, Sev wrote:
Alot of the details will be known probably before the game hits our shores. It was never specified whether or not it would be combining classes or whether it would be different classes entirely. I'm sure there could be alot of different options if it was simply different classes but that's... All just my speculation. I do hope that they are different titles in general though.

I am fairly certain, though not 100% that in the Play magazine interview it was said that you will have access to two classes at once. So it seems that it is combining and not different classes entirely, though i could be wrong. Also another drawback that could be possible is lets say you go RaFo then you can never go Hu. So when you max out your level there really isn't anything left to do where as a maxed out ranger could start maxing out his other jobs(if this is possible). This is why I think the word expert is used because it kind of narrows you down from being a freelance guardian to being two classes at once.

Axios-
Aug 17, 2006, 07:09 PM
Hmmm, I thought that the word 'expert' was used because there's a level requirement that you'll have to meet to access it. Thus when you get there, you shouldn't be an amateur anymore.

Saner
Aug 17, 2006, 07:09 PM
I think it will be like Ethan (who is 3 classes at once), except people can be 2 classes at once.

meaning you have the option to equip and use weapons another class can use.

Roffkaiser
Aug 18, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-08-17 17:09, Axios- wrote:
Hmmm, I thought that the word 'expert' was used because there's a level requirement that you'll have to meet to access it. Thus when you get there, you shouldn't be an amateur anymore.

This could be true as well, which makes me wonder what happens when you don't cross class, if you still are considered expert or not.

Hobokiller
Aug 18, 2006, 01:21 AM
Expert reminds me of Guild Wars. Maybe it will sort of play out like Guild Wars 2 profession thing also?

Natrokos
Aug 19, 2006, 02:01 AM
I think it will convert part of the stat bonuses from the second class onto the first one....like if you were a HUFO you'd get a bonus to mental strength and tech power added on and the ability to use techs? Or a HURA would get an accuracy bonus and better evasion and can use better guns? Just my opinion.

Shade-
Aug 19, 2006, 02:10 AM
I like the idea of being able to use abilities of 2 classes, but I hope there is a penalty in chosing to do so (over being just a RA for example). If you are just a good a ranger as the next AND can cast techs like a force, I dont like the idea. You should like your expertise as a ranger if you chose to dabble in FO. But how the call it "Expert level" and the requirement to access it, it seems like it's going to just be a bonus without penalty.

Natrokos
Aug 19, 2006, 02:24 AM
Well let's say you're right. But in that case a RAHU would outpower and outdefend a RAFO but wouldn't be able to cast techs....Plus I'd assume that techs would be like 50% effective to compansate and not make the FO class completely useless. But none of us really know, we can only speculate.

Zeig123
Aug 19, 2006, 02:32 AM
I think that it is you still gain the same stats your ordinary class gains but also can equip the stuff another class can without the bonuses and such for that class

butzopower
Aug 19, 2006, 02:45 AM
Regardless of if you can multiclass, I can only imagine "Expert Mode" to provide an even greater challenge than the one PSU brings to the table.

It's exciting!